replacement felt heels

One of the heels fell off my felt soled boots. I was thinking to get these soles and use Barge cement for adhesive:
    http://www.amazon.com/Caddis-Felt-So...dp/B003OAVRMI/

Any reason not to do it that way? Would I be better off getting these, trimming out some heels and using Barge?:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2ZSH5JZAX6WB0

Six of one, a half-dozen of the other?

Not sure about barge, but I used to sell customers those Korkers and they'd take them to the cobbler next door who charged 50$ to attach them. People raved about his work and for 75$ had boots as good as new. Wasn't great for my boot sales but folks were happy.

The only difference I can tell is buy the felt that is the thickest, and then go ahead and do it yourself with barge cement. I've done it a couple times at least. Just use a ton of cement (buy more than you think).

I actually glue both sides, (boot side after grinding off old felt), let dry, then put fresh on one side, and then put the boots in a vice and clamped them overnight, and it really works great. Trim after.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    The only difference I can tell is buy the felt that is the thickest, and then go ahead and do it yourself with barge cement. I've done it a couple times at least. Just use a ton of cement (buy more than you think).

I actually glue both sides, (boot side after grinding off old felt), let dry, then put fresh on one side, and then put the boots in a vice and clamped them overnight, and it really works great. Trim after.
    Great, that's what I was thinking. Thanks, amigos!