Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think don't tread on me is part of the California state flag?

Yeah nh is still the best with "Live Free or Die"

Benny's petitioning them to change it to "Tips Up!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    and sets in motion the wheels that will turn his drunken firework melee into a tragedy. You know it's gonna happen.

For those of you in Seattle and probably most every other city (LOL! at #8):

Fireworks and calling 911 - when is it appropriate?

The Office of the State Fire Marshal says every year around the Fourth of July, 911 operators are inundated with calls regarding fireworks. The majority of the calls are non-emergency related, but tie up the 911 system, potentially delaying an emergency call from getting through.

The Fire Marshal has teamed up with a number of Emergency Dispatch Centers to create the chart below that can be used as a guide when determining to call 911 regarding fireworks.

Who do you call to report illegal fireworks or suspicious activities involving fireworks?

this is the "no littering sign" paradox: the kind of person who reads signs and obeys instructions already intuits not to litter. The kind of person who is inclined to litter isn't going to give a shit about a no littering sign.

Same with this instructional on the basics of what constitutes an emergency and what doesn't. If you get it, you don't need the fucking instructional, if you don't get it the instructional isn't going to help you.

Too true.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Birch bay and being the only sober adult amongst other people's 7 and under children shooting off fireworks along with drunk adults has confirmed that I hate fireworks.

Facepalm Benny on the NH motto.

Lolz at the sudden, not just shown here, realization these past couple weeks that people fly the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia (or variants thereof) outside the South. Rednecks are everywhere and just because you reside above the Mason-Dixon doesn't mean you're immune to them, despite how progressive you think your locale is.

Speaking of fireworks, I enjoy seeing them every year, appropriately done of course. This year was the first in a long time we weren't in HHI and headed to the in-law's lake house on Kentucky Lake. Saw a Bald Eagle on a morning kayak and wondered the same thing that evening: hope that dude is long gone when the explosions get going up and down the shoreline for 100's of miles.

Now my Border Collie on the other hand was fit to be tied. 4th of July is his least favorite holiday. Must be the Scottish-British genes thing.
    I still call it The Jake.

WASHINGTON—Admitting that their behavior in previous years had left them embarrassed and ashamed, the nation’s dogs announced Thursday that they intend on keeping their shit together during this year’s Fourth of July fireworks displays. “Though we recognize we have not always demonstrated the most poise and self-control on this particular holiday, we want to assure everyone that this will finally be the year we don’t completely lose it and freak out upon hearing the booming of distant fireworks,” said Duchess, a 6-year-old cocker spaniel, adding that the country’s 80 million dogs aim to avoid cowering under the coffee table or uncontrollably urinating on the kitchen floor in a moment of pure panic after neighbors light off firecrackers or bottle rockets. “We’ve been preparing for the past few months, and we think we’ll finally be able to maintain our composure this time around. We can’t promise that we won’t whimper a little or try to jump up and sit next to you on the couch, but we’re definitely not going to sprint in circles around the living room or howl continuously until the noises stop.” The nation’s dogs concluded by acknowledging they could not guarantee that they won’t go completely apeshit the next time the doorbell rings.

To the credit of some of humanity, in the face of the Cascade Tinderbox there was an abject paucity in the instance of fireworks this last weekend.
    We wonder if the neighbors went to fisticuffs over the issue, but it was relatively quiet.

There was one local fireworks caused fire put out a couple of miles from us, but that was it.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    To the credit of some of humanity, in the face of the Cascade Tinderbox there was an abject paucity in the instance of fireworks this last weekend.
    We wonder if the neighbors went to fisticuffs over the issue, but it was relatively quiet.

There was one local fireworks caused fire put out a couple of miles from us, but that was it.
    I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised - not a single firework around my place.

My GF up on Hollywood Hill in Woodinville said it was a war zone until 2am - nothing changed there. Seattle news reported that the 911 system was overloaded with calls and had to switch to "disaster relief mode" whatever that is. The craziest thing I read was in Kitsap where people were lighting and releasing fire lanterns - WTF? I guess one went into a tree while it was still on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    I live in vermont and what is amazing is seeing confederate flags pop up. I see the same joker on route 7 in s. burlingon flying one on his shitty rusted out pick up on my trip south, and then there is one flying on someone's porch on route 7 in east middlebury.

I think people are attracted to the big fuck you it sends. I really don't get it.
    There's somebody flying a Confederate Battle Flag in Enosburgh on Rt. 105.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

I've got a neighbor down the road who flies the stars & bars.
    Face palm. We have already had this discussion. What flag is it again?
    I see hydraulic turtles.

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised - not a single firework around my place.

My GF up on Hollywood Hill in Woodinville said it was a war zone until 2am - nothing changed there. .
    My guess is that people that live in developments with frequently hewn lawns, deftly arranged lawn ornaments (no pink flamingos allowed according to the HOAs), precisely executed topiary and pretty fences are more likely the Irish O'Blivious to the fire danger. Maybe trailer parks too.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    I think people are attracted to the big fuck you it sends. I really don't get it.
    It's this. These people aren't very bright, and it's one of the few things they can do to get attention.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    It's this. These people aren't very bright, and it's one of the few things they can do to get attention.
    They could just log on here and join the rest of us.

Like.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Face palm. We have already had this discussion. What flag is it again?
    Yeah, yeah, yeah "Confederate Navy Jack"