Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    the vulcan also comes with a couple of different size bolt-in cuff stops which will make the boot more/less upright, these didn't come with the Mercury cuz they are molded into the cuff

I don't pull tongues unless its a very long approach so usually they stay in for yo-yoing

Personaly I wouldn't worry about toe release

I met that woman with the fubared knee right after she did it and I seem to remember she was a Telemarker which might have been her problem to begin with
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the vulcan also comes with a couple of different size bolt-in cuff stops which will make the boot more/less upright, these didn't come with the Mercury cuz they are molded into the cuff
    I have the first gen Vulcan and I don't think mine are replaceable. I remember reading that and looking at the time, but I don't have easy access to my boots right now to check.

Vulcans have 2 sizes of removable bump stops (flex) but the bump stops were molded into the Mercury. Both Vulcan and Mercury have the top buckle receptacle that can be removed and flipped to change lean from 15-18*.

I just pulled the liners out of my first gen vulcans and I don't see any bump stops - replaceable or otherwise. Can someone post a picture so I can make sure I'm looking in the right place?

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I just pulled the liners out of my first gen vulcans and I don't see any bump stops - replaceable or otherwise. Can someone post a picture so I can make sure I'm looking in the right place?

Mercury bump stops

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436759659.697634.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	168207

Earlyups removed the bump stops and you can see the hole just below the top buckle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436759935.858307.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	168208

Just noticed this

"For 2013/2014 the boot is identical to last season with the exception of the removable bump stops. (last season the boot did not include bump stops)."
    Earlyups Vulcan review

my advice ,is do not get involved with your wife's choice of footware. Slim chance of good outcome. let here make that purchase alone. Otherwise I say Dynafit binding for sure. Do not know the ski she has now. But I think Armada has a nice enjoyable women's ski.
    off your knees Louie

AT package for wife, ready to pull pin

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Just noticed this

"For 2013/2014 the boot is identical to last season with the exception of the removable bump stops. (last season the boot did not include bump stops)."
    Earlyups Vulcan review
    Well, that would explain why I couldn't find them...