WTB: Giant Trance or similar "enduro" style bike

It's about time for me to finally get a bigger all around bike that fits me.

I am looking to buy a size small five or six inch bike that pedals wells. Ideally, I am looking for a 2014 Giant Trance 1 or SX, but probably won't find it, so I am also considering the specialized evo, Ibis mojo, enduro etc... preferably 2013 or newer. My price range maxes out at about 2500. I also have a 2011 medium anthem that I'd be willing to throw in for part of a trade too.

any leads, for sales, cheap finds for the holiday weekend, or even tips on which bike to actually buy would be greatly appreciated!

You can pick up cannondale Jekyll's for $2500 to $3000, 2012 and 13 (nearly the same bike), new to nearly new on eBay.

26 though so your face might fucking melt.

I've got a 2009 medium Reign frame I'm preparing to get rid of once I get my new to me Blur built up. Pivots serviced with enduro max bearing before the beginning of last season and rear shock (a Monarch RT off a newer Reign) was just serviced a month ago. A 2009 Medium is going to fit pretty similar to a new small since the top tube comparatively short.

I have a Revelation RLT Ti (15mm axle) that could maybe go with it but a friend of mine has right to first refusal on that. HTA measures ~67 deg with this fork, so factor that in while looking at the geo chart.

PM me if you're interested. Have some misc parts that I can include to get you part of the way to a more complete bike.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    I've got a 2009 medium Reign frame I'm preparing to get rid of once I get my new to me Blur built up. Pivots serviced with enduro max bearing before the beginning of last season and rear shock (a Monarch RT off a newer Reign) was just serviced a month ago. A 2009 Medium is going to fit pretty similar to a new small since the top tube comparatively short.

I have a Revelation RLT Ti (15mm axle) that could maybe go with it but a friend of mine has right to first refusal on that. HTA measures ~67 deg with this fork, so factor that in while looking at the geo chart.

PM me if you're interested. Have some misc parts that I can include to get you part of the way to a more complete bike.
    Yeah what this guy said, if you're looking "enduro" reign is the bike from giant not the trance (not a bad bike, just saying)
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    How tall are you? I have a med trance for sell if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Yeah what this guy said, if you're looking "enduro" reign is the bike from giant not the trance (not a bad bike, just saying)
    27.5 Trance enduros good.

26 Trance enduros no good.

Thanks all.

Not sure why I didn't think of a Jekyll, but holy shit the price is right there... is there some reason they are so much cheaper than everything else? I really don't give a shit about 26" wheels, I just want to stay away from 29.

radam-thanks for the offer, but I am look for a full bike, as shopping for this stuff stresses me out.
    also, I know I'm going to sound picky, but as awesome as the Reign was downhill the one time I tried it, I really didn't like the way it went uphill.

Gman- I am 5'7" so I am between a small and medium, but after a sitting on a small, I definitely prefer it, but thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    The new 650b Trance is basically a 26 reign made to fit a slightly bigger wheel(heck the last reign made could fit 27.5 tires already)

my 160/140 trance SX may not be the new Reign but the new Reign is a dog unless you are racing gnar enduro tracks all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by meggers View Post
    Not sure why I didn't think of a Jekyll, but holy shit the price is right there... is there some reason they are so much cheaper than everything else? I really don't give a shit about 26" wheels.
    I bought one, my buddy bought one, we love them. They were really well reviewed when they came out. Their riders won the enduro series on them. The rear suspension is truly different and the different modes actually work like they say. The components are good. I guess their brand is not as sexy as yeti etc. Crazy stiff frame. Died the death of all 26 and now replaced by a less well received 27.5.

Best deal out there in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by meggers View Post
    Gman- I am 5'7" so I am between a small and medium, but after a sitting on a small, I definitely prefer it, but thank you!
    5'7" here as well. unless your torso is really short I would ride these bikes with a short stem in a medium. Short wheelbases of small's suck if your endurbroing. My Wife is 5'4" and she rides small mens bikes, she enduros
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Agreed with rludes025. Short stem and a lonnnnnnng jacket.

i was told there would be cake.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

For enduro the color is the most important thing.

You should buy my fork and go from there.
    watch out for snakes

PM creaky fossil and ask for recommendations.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I'm going to go sit on a few more bikes this week. I really felt more comfortable on the small trance the first time around, but now I'm doubting myself. I currently hate my medium old anthem but that is probably due to the lack of a dropper and almost no slack in the head angle. The advice is really appreciated as I don't want to buy something I don't like

Also, any opinions on the 2014 or 2015 evos? I saw a fleet of demos being sold for cheap.

For what it's worth I love my 2014 trance 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I had a Jekyll for the last 2 years and loved it. It's very capable and extremely versatile.