Thread: 2015 Rocky Mountains Fishing Report

2015 Rocky Mountains Fishing Report

Figured it was time to get this going. Going to start with this

Flaming Gorge is currently releasing a daily average of 1,700 cfs, with peak releases of 2,350 cfs occurring during the evening hours.

There is the potential for a power system emergency occurring in California this week.

Everything is being done to alleviate the need for additional power. However, the potential exists that additional power from Flaming Gorge may be needed on an emergency basis.

Releases from Flaming Gorge Dam may instantaneously increase up to an ADDITIONAL 2,400 cfs this week in order to respond to an emergency.

Please be advised and aware of the potential for increased releases and implement the necessary safety precautions.

Flaming Gorge information for the last five days can be found here: : http://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/rsvrs/ops/crsp_40_fgd.html

Regards,

Heather Patno
    Hydrologic Engineer
    Upper Colorado Region
    Bureau of Reclamation
    Ph: 801-524-3883

If you head to the Green be alert when you pull over for lunch, it could change quick!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I've heard things around the Tetons have been fishing well but I've been out of town so no first hand reports.

Nothing to see here....Ranch and South Fork are fishing well. Snake is coming into shape. Smaller waters fishing well but warming up. Get some.
    Last edited by snapt; 07-01-2015 at 10:36 AM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    once upon a time think it was the dork dogs 1st camp trip we camped down round shangralia before the start of swallow
    bout 3am the high water push came through flooded our camp sent my action packer full of stoves jetboils etc down to the colorado
    camp high
    been up the past 2 weekends fishin alright decent caddis hatches and sallies comin off strong below redcreek from 10-1
    fkn shit show of rodeo rubber rompers on the "a"
    fuckin hot
    managed to git the old dog and man on the water fore 7 and off by 2
    a few terrestrials showin up not many cicada this year but the hippie stomper scored a few for the pops
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Any head hunting to be had in the green in mid October? Good bwo's? How about the Provo then? Worth bringing my buddy who "only throws dries"?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Any head hunting to be had in the green in mid October? Good bwo's? How about the Provo then? Worth bringing my buddy who "only throws dries"?
    When are you in town again?

Heading to slc Oct 9-13, planning on fishing Provo and flaming gorge area of green, hoping for some dry fly fishing
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Heading to slc Oct 9-13, planning on fishing Provo and flaming gorge area of green, hoping for some dry fly fishing
    masingail or clean the box
    i'm trying to progress my bathroom remodel to the point of a fontenlee hall pass that weekend.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    masingail or clean the box
    i'm trying to progress my bathroom remodel to the point of a fontenlee hall pass that weekend.
    I think it's way past the time to call in professionals...

well ya know i joined the this old house forum community
    Norm and the pros jonged my no pluming skills scumbag roofer ass
    but the shower tubs in
    you are welcome to road trip wyo way the weekend of the 8th w/ the fishsniffer and i to exercise sum

as are other mags who wanna float and camp green style
    headed back

4 another

project healing waters outing w/ vets from the slc va
    weds the 14th ensign ranch off 80 near echo
    if you would like to spend a day giving back to those who gave at a cool place loaded w/ hungry troots
    Other than that the mrs. has a rattle in the subie
    i think the lsb9000 needs tightening but will call a professional

I'm working on getting clearance from work to attend that fine event. And I'm interested in heading to the green but have to put it off for another week or 2. Mexico is calling.

I'm heading up to fontanelle area Saturday afternoon Oct 10 thru the Tuesday, rv ing it up at slate creek campground if we can get a spot, ringing rocks if not. Got my dad and uncle and buddy heading too. Got a guide for a couple days between the four of us, will see who goes where. Hope to see some of you guys up there. Will be in the 30 foot cruise America rv with a cold one for you. Especially you sfb, thanks for all the help the last couple years

^^^ was up that way that time last year and had no idea i was walking into kokanee prime time. stuck with fishing for browns but came across some impressive spent spawners while thrashing around below the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post

project healing waters outing w/ vets from the slc va
    weds the 14th ensign ranch off 80 near echo
    if you would like to spend a day giving back to those who gave at a cool place loaded w/ hungry troots
    details? Not a guide caliber fisherman but OK on oars and knots.

super casual big ranch 1 big lake 2 small. overstocked w/ trout
    never know how many vets or how many volis
    sometimes 3 volis per vet rarely 1 on 1
    easy shore fishing.
    i'll bring my boat you can bring one if ya gots helps w/ those w/ mobility disabilities
    typical mo show up am 8 or 9ish
    prefish
    vets show up
    help vets fish hopefully catch
    afternoon bbq
    some vets stay n fish an hour or 2
    were ussually able to stay till 5 or 6 and fish after they leave
    locations Enisign ranch heiner caynon off railroad /echo cliffs frontage road before I80 port of entry
    i can meet ya at ranch entrance at echo turn off or anywhere along route from sandy or give ya directions.
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=348...s_cid=queue-23
    i'll pm ya my digits

2015 Rocky Mountains Fishing Report

The other thread seems to have taken over. Thought I'd give it a go here one more time in '15.

The Teton region fishing has been good. Slightly more crowded than most years. Probably due to low snowfall.

Browns have been very active on the upper stretches of the Snake river both above and below the dam. Below Moose, the chironomid fishing has been very good for cutties. Noon til 4. Go figure, nymphing results in the best success but I had a great hour with adult patterns last wk too.

The SF is still seeing some BWOs on the right days! Egg patterns are fishing well too. Browns are crushing streamers also. Jig retrieves seemed to be the ticket last time I was out.
    Haven't been down to the Green since late Oct but I'd bet the upper is mostly done for the season. Lower, (below 351), is prolly very good on the right days.

Heard the Hank has been good but haven't had the chance to get over in a while.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Theres no clean box below Fontanelle after Sept 15! Its a Utardian fest!
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations