Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Just wanted to do a casual mini-review in the forums out of sheer enthusiasm, since I thought we didn't take ourselves too seriously here. But hey, regressive leverage rates!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    since I thought we didn't take ourselves too seriously here
    One for the KIR files..

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Is there a cereal deuce dropper planting dq twisters in everyone's corn flakes? Re; title= "MINI" review
    Anywho. Honest review. I'd like to try a 6 one day. Any dw bike for that matter. Haven't tried one. That being said, I wonder if a vorsprung corset added on your shock along w a volume reducer would help with the bottom out and also give a little initial suppleness. Not sure. Wondering out loud. With the fork I've seen friends struggle to get full travel on their fox air forks (36 and 40air). Not sure what the issue was

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Maybe, but as a writer who's in charge of this site: If you have to post 'content' as your job here, put some fucking effort into your work Dumbfee!

The rest of us can and will write crappy reviews, I'm not gonna get my panties wadded up over that.
    I took his post not as "content" from a TGR representative but just as a dude on TGR posting a review.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Also, for any prospective or current Mach 6 owners, I got to pepper Macky Francklin with setup questions this weekend and he said to ignore the 30% sag indicator thing and set the fox rear shock to sage a 1/2 inch instead, which is about 22% sag. Then said that if you're still bottoming out regularly, get a bigger spacer. Nice guy.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Dunfee in spite of the shit slinging I appreciate that you took the time to write what you have experienced.

I am looking at a new M-6 right now (was going to test ride it today but the shop removed the rear Derr. to get a guys bike fixed for a race) and getting someones views is helpful. That and the price on a well set up carbon bike.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Dunfee in spite of the shit slinging I appreciate that you took the time to write what you have experienced.

I am looking at a new M-6 right now (was going to test ride it today but the shop removed the rear Derr. to get a guys bike fixed for a race) and getting someones views is helpful. That and the price on a well set up carbon bike.
    Sure thing. Just had a ton of work done on it after wearing down the fork and chainring and breaking the shifter and spoke. Shuddering to look at the labor costs but got the full travel back on the fork and put a chainguide on it and it was crushing DH yesterday. And yes, there's a ton of build options and the end price ends up being pretty "reasonable" compared to a similarly-spec'ed Santa Cruz. Do it! Shit is sinfully fun to ride...

Trigger pulled. Should be here Tuesday.

$ 4400.00 for 160 mm travel, a 36 Fox on the front 155 mm on the back and a carbon frameset and XT with a DT Swiss tubeless wheelset. Yowza.

A buddy has a Reverb just back from Rockshox so I have the dropper for it all ready.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/pi...IV001P-STECB-M
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

$ 4400.00 for 160 mm travel, a 36 Fox on the front 155 mm on the back and a carbon frameset and XT with a DT Swiss tubeless wheelset. Yowza.

A buddy has a Reverb just back from Rockshox so I have the dropper for it all ready.

What size did you get? I'm leaning towards the xl but the L feels pretty good. You are 6 1"ish right? Cheers.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

5' 11" but a bit on the leggy side. I have been riding that Epiphany and it is a Medium. I liked the nimble feel but it always felt a tad small.

I went back and forth and decided to go with the L.

Right back at ya. I am getting past some health issues (I hope) so let us ride!

Nice congrats! Enduro blue??

Jealous you have the 36 on it. Can't wait to throw the FIT4 damper in this fork when those come out in the fall.

Bike was delivered yesterday. I put it together and rallied a few easy miles on some neighborhood trails.

Stealth Carbon BTW....

Impressions.

Handlebars a bit too wide, easy fix.

Very stable in sharp turns on loose surface, my Ellsworth tends to over and understeer.

The 2x drive train will take a bit of getting used to but the gearing seemed just fine.

All in all I can't wait to try it out on a bigger ride friday.

Sweet! Get pumped...

The 2x drive train will take a bit of getting used to but the gearing seemed just fine.
    Old legs/big climbs, get a 22 up front.