Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Remember in the '70s when Hamm's came in those little keg shaped cans for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post

I went on a tour of the Olympia brewery around '92 I think, it was by then owned by Hamm's, at the end of the tour you go to the tasting room for free beer. They had some delicious stout and pale ale that the master brewer had brewed up just for the tasting room and not for sale or available outside the brewery.

Man... On a hot day. Coors is pretty fucking good.

And the can lets me know when its Super Cold... So there's that.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Coors, Bud, High Life whatever, it's great ice cold on a hot summer day. I wish they still sold Schmidt around here.

According to Bloomberg:

Top ten best-selling beers by volume in 2013:
    Snow--haven't tried it
    Tsingtao--it's piss
    Bud Light--piss light
    Budweiser--piss
    Skol--haven't tired
    Yanjing--piss
    Heineken-euro piss
    Harbin--haven't tried
    Brahma--piss
    Coors Light--rocky mtn piss

Every single one of them is a piss beer. Across the planet, the best sellers are piss. People like light beers. There's a time and a place for them. I don't want something super heavy when I'm golfing or on the beach, but I do want a bud light or corona.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Hamm's in a returnable case was under $5 in college.

All beer has it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Hamm's in a returnable case was under $5 in college.

All beer has it's time.
    Apart from Newcastle Brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Apart from Newcastle Brown.
    Oh my god, what shite.
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    get schmitt faced
    Only in the PNW, you must be native.

Schmidt in your ear beer

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Oh the ironing.
    Once again, you demonstrate that you've never underjstood a goddam thing I've told you.

Irony is when I say one thing but do another.

When I say to do exactly what I do, as I did here, that's called honesty. Lots of you fucks don't have any, you're too busy burnishing your images.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I am normally a big beer drinker, but having really reduced my intake to a couple of drinks on Friday and Saturday night, man are my taste buds way more sensitive to the taste of booze now. My wife bought some Bud light to help me through the initial detox period and that stuff tastes like shit. I had a IPA last Friday for the first time in 30 days and damn, it was so good.
    I still love red wine, but it hates me, so I guess I will stick with a couple of Manhattans once a week and continue to get back into shape for next winter. Sadly, I know booze is doing me no good, so I need to pretty much give it up. Fucking sucks getting old.
    Right there with ya brother. On the bright side, I am a cheap date now, no tolerance at all. I actually had to switch back to beer because I can't seem to drink slow and even on wine I was getting too hammered. Not too long ago I didn't drink beer unless I was doing shots too, I couldn't catch a buzz on just beer. That has definitely changed radically. Oh well. Thank god for weed.

But what about O'doules, nobody mentioned O'doules. Consider this input a gift from the gods.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Right there with ya brother. On the bright side, I am a cheap date now, no tolerance at all. I actually had to switch back to beer because I can't seem to drink slow and even on wine I was getting too hammered. Not too long ago I didn't drink beer unless I was doing shots too, I couldn't catch a buzz on just beer. That has definitely changed radically. Oh well. Thank god for weed.
    Shit and all the money I am saving is crazy. Between hardly drinking anymore and often skipping dinner and less going out to restaurants (my wife hates me), I think I have easily covered the expense of taking a month off to ski winter 2016. And ya, one Manhattan and I am good for the night. Two and I need to walk home.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Between hardly drinking anymore and often skipping dinner and less going out to restaurants (my wife hates me), I think I have easily covered the expense of taking a month off to ski winter 2016.
    I have to ask. How do you fill the time between the end of work and going to sleep?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    What a dumbass article.

The best selling Belgian beer, yes, Belgium, home of Trappist monks, is Stella Artois, bland, inoffensive and easy drinking. Brits drink more Carling than anything else. And the same story is true around the world. Bland pils and lager is popular because it's easy to drink.That's just as true in Australia, Japan, China, South America or Europe as it is here in the U.S.

But, hey, if it's important to people to bash someone else's beverage choice, then by all means go ahead. The PR exists mainly to make its denizens feel superior.
    I hate to say I agree with James The Pious, but THIS ONE TIME, he's right. People like fizzy bland gold suds everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

The most amazing thing about some of those "bland" beers is that a 6 pack can cost almost as much as the craft beer right next to it.

Whatever, nothing like a ice cold Miller High Life in a glass bottle after some yard work.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    I have to ask. How do you fill the time between the end of work and going to sleep?
    It is very fucking boring. But I do read a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

My new favorite pithy saying- "I've only had one in dog beers"
    Move upside and let the man go through...

If you ever find yourself in Des Moines IA and want to drink enough shitty beer to forget where you are I can recommend this place: http://thehighlifelounge.com/
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Man... On a hot day. Coors is pretty fucking good.

And the can lets me know when its Super Cold... So there's that.
    Tell you what, I love chugging cold coors light cans at the campsite, especially on a hot sunny day.

Don't really drink it anywhere else because it doesn't taste as good elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    When ex wife's family visited from Manchester and Liverpool, they would swill Bud like drunken frat boys.
    Exactly, Brits used to drink ales, bitters etc but there has been a big trend to lagers esp for mass quantities.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Exactly, Brits used to drink ales, bitters etc but there has been a big trend to lagers esp for mass quantities.
    He's right, we did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And now we have this beer in cans revival that drags us down even further.
    I don't see how this is a bad thing. I would much rather carry cans than bottles in a pack. Now I can enjoy any number of beers while out recreating instead of the standard line up of cheap beer

So, speaking of beer I was just introduced to the "Crowler." It's a fillable, single use, 32 oz., aluminum can. I was at the local brewery and complained to the bartender that I had failed to bring my bottle (and I really don't need any more of those around the house), and he offered me the "Crowler." Downside is that it has a lift-tab, rather than a threaded top. So, once opened it must be drunk in that sitting.