Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Not exactly trails related, but I just found out that Revolution Cycles in Sandy is closing its doors. I'm super bummed about this as it was my go-to shop for most stuff. That was partly because it was very conveniently located for me, but everyone I ever interacted with there was always super nice and helpful and they did great work at great prices. They will be missed. Apparently all their remaining inventory is deeply discounted.
    Thanks for the tip, I headed down today for a few things. A lot of stuff is cleaned out, but there is a lot of nice shoes helmets bikes and clothes left, especially if you are smallish. Tools are almost gone.

That place will be empty after this weekend, is my guess.

Braking bumps on Tidal Wave are at the "annoying" level. Braking bumps on Loose Moose are in the "is my bike going to fall in the hole" level.

Am I going to get fined if I go out and fix some trail issues myself? (not a reroute, but just removal of brake bumps, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Am I going to get fined if I go out and fix some trail issues myself? (not a reroute, but just removal of brake bumps, etc.)
    I'm not going to comment on whether you can/should/should not do that from a legal standpoint but I'm thinking if you were to do something right now it wouldn't do any good with how dry the soil is. I don't think much can be fixed until we start getting some rain.

Just found out about Tuesday night lift-serviced at DV, 4-7pm. Tix are $17.

"Based on these results, we’ll take a look at what we want to do next summer." http://www.parkrecord.com/sports/dee...untain-biking/

Anyone want to meet up tomorrow? I'm planning on hitting Tidal Wave a bunch. I haven't ridden the bottom section yet, so I'm psyched to go try it and not pay full price.

Anyone have any info on the construction closure at the Suncrest/Rush shuttle drop? Went up there Saturday morning for a lap with the kiddo and found the doubletrack blocked by chainlink fences and excavators. Drove down the Utah County side of Traverse a ways and it looks like construction may extend all the way down the ridge. There was also a huge trench and construction fencing across the spur trail that leads out of that small townhome development a quarter mile or so past the shuttle drop. It will seriously suck if that's going to be closed for a significant length of time.

As of last Sunday no changes to report on LCC.

Dan, we tried accessing that sunday as well. Thought about squeezing around the fence but ended up parking at the church on the s side of suncrest then taking the newly constructed road where the old eagle crest connector was. Pretty easy straight shot to the corrals from there. Didn't notice any signs saying we couldn't be there.

Heh, I'm an idiot. I had no idea they had built that road. I jumped on Google earth after posting and it was a July '16 photo. As I was zooming in it stood out like a sore thumb and I thought "Where the hell did that come from?" It's a much less fun way to get to the corral though.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 08-22-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Is the Jenny's reroute permanent? Went through there this weekend for the first time this summer and now understand why everyone is on Spiro.

I don't think so. They closed the upper portion a week or two ago for tailings mitigation by the EPA. It might look a little different next year across the bottom of that pile of rocks.

Someone needed to say it: WHERE THE FUCK IS THE MONSOON?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Is the Jenny's reroute permanent? Went through there this weekend for the first time this summer and now understand why everyone is on Spiro.
    Huh, I definitely don't understand why anyone would be on Spiro.

So I just have to say that the last week may have been the best of the summer. That snow and rain killed the dust and made everything so fun!

CC road extension is now a major construction site. Huge electronic sign saying no hiking or biking. Rode through anyway yesterday after we saw multiple people climbing up through it, but definitely got disapproving looks from the folks in hard hats.

Checked out the new Gravity Logic "Vertigo" trail yesterday. Gonna be a lot of fun after it sits for a winter and the jumps get finished.

I found it pretty boring, not really worth the trip out there. It did make me appreciate Rush a little more.

Right now it is boring since it's too fresh and loose to really rail the turns and the jumps aren't jumps yet. Once it packs in and all those rollers turn into tabletops it's gonna be a hoot. Well, I assume the rollers are unfinished jumps. It'll be pretty lame if they're not.

And hopefully they make some of em about twice as big.

Well, I assume the rollers are unfinished jumps. It'll be pretty lame if they're not.
    I hope your assumption is right but you know what they say about assuming things...

There's also some rumors floating around FB about go-ride doing some work on maple hollow

Wasatch Trails 2015

They are also supposed to add a new "techy" trail somewhere at CC next summer

Have any of you ridden the new trails above High Star Ranch in the Kamas Valley?

I rode there for the first time last Sunday (11/13/16), and the trails were surprisingly well ridden in. The climb up was well routed, and the intermediate rated downhill only trails were sweet... nice banked turns and some fun small jumps. I'm amazed how much they got done in a single summer.

This link below shows the completed trails, and there are more trails planned. As a matter of fact, there was a trail builder out there working on a new trail Sunday.
    http://www.trailforks.com/region/high-star-ranch-16510/

Here's a map of the planned trail system. I'm not sure if this is all the "planned" trails or not.
    http://www.southsummittrails.org/wp-...ail-Map-v2.pdf

Definitely give this spot a ride. I think you'll like it, not to mention there was no one out there.

Ride on!

I was following the progress of those trails, then completely forgot about them. Thanks barkcity.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I hope your assumption is right but you know what they say about assuming things...
    True, but it would be really bizarre to have Gravity Logic build a trail that lacks any true jumps. I'll hope for the best for now. It would be nice to have a good alternative to Rush since all the f$&king construction is making it a bitch to do shuttle laps with the kiddos. Short of making the long rough drive up the CC road from Orson Smith, there's no shuttle access at the moment that I'm aware of that doesn't require poaching through a major construction site.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    They are also supposed to add a new "techy" trail somewhere at CC next summer
    Like Jacob's Ladder natural techy, or lame forced techy like that one trail at Trailside?

Quote Originally Posted by barkcity View Post
    Have any of you ridden the new trails above High Star Ranch in the Kamas Valley?
    I was totally unaware of those, thanks! That'll take some of the edge off of summer visits to the in-laws.

True, but it would be really bizarre to have Gravity Logic build a trail that lacks any true jumps.
    I keep seeing and hearing other people suggest this too but my line of thought is that they are a business. I think they'll build whatever type of trail they get paid to build. They've built quite a few green "flow" trails in other places.

Like Jacob's Ladder natural techy, or lame forced techy like that one trail at Trailside?

Can't find the post now but according to someone from higher-up in Draper, old school flag it out, rake out the brush, and burn it in. One can only hope, right?!