Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I keep seeing and hearing other people suggest this too but my line of thought is that they are a business. I think they'll build whatever type of trail they get paid to build. They've built quite a few green "flow" trails in other places.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Can't find the post now but according to someone from higher-up in Draper, old school flag it out, rake out the brush, and burn it in. One can only hope, right?!
    Fingers crossed I guess!

Can't find the post now but according to someone from higher-up in Draper, old school flag it out, rake out the brush, and burn it in. One can only hope, right?!
    If I'm thinking of the same FB post as you, that was just a comment from a random rider giving his opinion on the 'only way' to make a true tech trail.
    I'm highly doubtful Draper would do that.
    From the little bit that the UT MTB Enthusiast (I hate that word, so much) guy divulged, he has been talking to Draper about an undisclosed location (that hopefully has some good embedded rock) where they will build a techy singletrack next year.
    That would be dope, but I'm sure people will still find things to bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    If I'm thinking of the same FB post as you, that was just a comment from a random rider giving his opinion on the 'only way' to make a true tech trail.
    I'm highly doubtful Draper would do that.
    From the little bit that the UT MTB Enthusiast (I hate that word, so much) guy divulged, he has been talking to Draper about an undisclosed location (that hopefully has some good embedded rock) where they will build a techy singletrack next year.
    That would be dope, but I'm sure people will still find things to bitch about.
    There was also another post from the chairman of the draper parks and rec board. I was able to find it after my last post.

There was also another post from the chairman of the draper parks and rec board. I was able to find it after my last post.
    Well dang, I happily stand corrected!

I just went through that thread again and saw that, I had stopped following it. I like that it will not be directly shuttle-able either.

Got a link or exact quote?

Wasatch Trails 2015

Quoting Jamie Pogue, chairman of the Draper Parks Trails and Recreation committee from FB thread

"I'm kinda letting this out of the bag, but we have permission and have a spot to construct a trail like we haven't built in a long time here in Draper. Tight twisty technical old school single track. It will start close to the top of Jacob's and will stay close to our Eastern open space border and end down at the bottom close to the soon-to-be-constructed Hogs Hollow trail head. We are thinking we'll flag it and cut some brush and then rake and ride it in like the old trails used to be made (only they grooved them in with horses hooves where we will be grooving them in with knobbies) We will be needing help so I expect all the supporting, whining, appreciative, complaining riders on this thread to be a part of it. When it's done, will it be all things to all riders? No, but if you don't come help, keep the whining and complaining to yourselves. That's right, I'm calling all of us out to be a part of the solution. Let's do this!

Seems like a pretty sensible dude and it sounds like it could be a fun trail. I'll definitely help out if possible.