Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Down Skis Pre-Season Sale -- U.S. Group Buy?

Anyone in the Seattle, Anchorage, or Juneau area interested? The prices are pretty sick for a new pair of skis, esp. at the current dollar-to-euro exchange rate. And the line-up:

http://www.downskis.com/skis

10 skis and those fellows will ship to the U.S. plus 10% off. I'm happy to coordinate or let someone else do it. I travel, or have friends who travel, to Anchorage and Seattle with moderate but sufficient frequency to make this happen, with a little patience of course.

Happy summer days.
    Last edited by dschane; 06-17-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Wednesday hump for some handcrafted, carbon fiber, sweet ass skis . . . (metal, flax, touring, piste options)

Nice... killer prices. They're selling the ATK bindings too. They should really offer ATK's lightweight RT binding though for their YW8 series. Love that they went white on the topsheets and now offer a longer 102. The new graphics are really sweet.

Does the showdown 115 really have camber this year? It didn't last year.

Yep I'd be interested.

These guys make great skis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Nice... killer prices. They're selling the ATK bindings too. They should really offer ATK's lightweight RT binding though for their YW8 series. Love that they went white on the topsheets and now offer a longer 102. The new graphics are really sweet.

Yeah the 102 in a 179 at 1400g/ski... that is a nice looking option right there

I have a pair of 182 praxis yetis with verticals really nice and light good on firm and cruddy conditions also very predictable. Thinking hard about the countdown 110 with kingpins for all soft and deep adventures. Anybody have these that can comment on their ability to charge a fall line and be quick in the trees

Viable on the RT just ask and the new sd115metal has a few cm of camber and is a different beast with the new layup.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Viable on the RT just ask and the new sd115metal has a few cm of camber and is a different beast with the new layup.
    That would be mm, not cm geo. ;-)
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

With PNW Brit, I'm nearly half way there. There's an additional 10% off with the group buy, plus shipping (so that might be a wash).

Bump for long weekend and about 12 days left in the pre-season sale. . . .

Is this happening? And must one be in the PNW? I'm in Denver and those YW8s look mighty enticing.
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

I'm in NYC and on the fence

It's really about coordination and timing, which I'm happy to do. There are some folks here in Juneau who are from from Denver and NYC, so it would just be about getting them to mule them your way in the fall or late summer. Or, I could put them in the mail. The magic number is 10, and we're probably at 6 or 7 interested at this point.
    Last edited by dschane; 07-07-2015 at 02:29 PM.

do it. you will not regret it.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I'm in for a pair of YW8s, but live in Delaware.

I'll be swinging by Seattle in the middle of August though...

Six folks who've expressed interested (including me and one in Juneau):

PNW Brit
    miserywhip
    yellofin
    aepeak

Assuming this list bites on the sweet preseason offer, just four to go . . .

I have skied last year's 102L in 179 cm. For uber light touring skis, they kicks ass. Exceptional craftsmanship to boot.

Down Skis Pre-Season Sale -- U.S. Group Buy?

Based on the current exchange rate the countdown series is $419
    Seems like a no brainier
    YW8 touring series $465

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Six folks who've expressed interested (including me and one in Juneau):

PNW Brit
    miserywhip
    yellofin
    aepeak

Assuming this list bites on the sweet preseason offer, just four to go . . .

I have skied last year's 102L in 179 cm. For uber light touring skis, they kicks ass. Exceptional craftsmanship to boot.
    Come on folks. I have two seasons on the CD Carbon 6. Great skis. Nice people. fantastic customer service.

How do you all enjoy their mount points? Seem fairly traditional and far back for the more modern ski - but, again, I haven't skied them and perhaps that is absolutely dialed on their skis/shapes?
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    How do you all enjoy their mount points? Seem fairly traditional and far back for the more modern ski - but, again, I haven't skied them and perhaps that is absolutely dialed on their skis/shapes?
    They advised me to mount well forward of the mark. Can't remember how far. I'm happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    I mounted the 102L (179 cm) at -11 as recommended and have no complaints.

I kinda want the 115M... damnit.

geo/SiSt... can I see a real-life camber/rocker shot of them? My CD4s (102s) are pretty sweet, but I saw a later pair of 102s that had way more camber and rocker. Looking for something like the Blizzard Bodacious.

I'd be all over the 186 102 also, if I didn't already have the old CD4... though, the 179 was pretty nice in some damn narrow spots, where the 186 would have been a bit too wide (55+ degree hop turns in an 8' wide choke).

I'll register that as a statement of interest. We're at 7. Three to go!

geo/SiSt... can I see a real-life camber/rocker shot of them? My CD4s (102s) are pretty sweet, but I saw a later pair of 102s that had way more camber and rocker. Looking for something like the Blizzard Bodacious.

I'd be all over the 186 102 also, if I didn't already have the old CD4... though, the 179 was pretty nice in some damn narrow spots, where the 186 would have been a bit too wide (55+ degree hop turns in an 8' wide choke).
    I'll take a picture of some 114's (don't have any m's on hand, but they're pressed with very low camber, 0-1mm) tip and tail rocker is like the 114's that I'll show you.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

I'm tentatively on board for a pair of Countdown 110's.