Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doctor or law Opinion req

PA's or physicians assistants ,are allowed to give prescriptions.
    If they Give a prescription Outside their Field of medicine /and or , to a patient not in their care...what is their liability ,if the person develops an acute medical condition in the exact same body region?
    Basically ,I was goin to book an appointment w a dermatologist ,and my "sister" went and said.."oh don't bother ..ill give you a skin antibiotic prescrition"
    Well ,she is in some kinda orthopedics field..like limb re attachment.And my skin blemish was so small ,i agreed.
    Holy moly was that a bad idea.
    Problem looked the same next two weeks,then outa the blue-I awoke to find my cheek had a hidden abscess and it opened overnight. Since my "doctor"was my freakin sister -I never got checked properly, and as a result this never got treated properly. I have been blamed by doctors ,to be causing this wound,because they did not see me b4 it opened up.
    This is the same blah I have been seekin treatment for last 6 years.
    I just wanna Know how wrong my sister was in this!-no lawsuit -to much time past,lol. I did keep the info from the real dermatologist about my flunky sisters attempt to help,as I figured she would get in big trouble for givin scripts out to patients not officially in her care. She thinks this is/was O K ..can I get a Real Opinion ,TY.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

opinion
    1)nobody should attempt to help you until you get treatment for your serious mental disorder
    picador

pics of sister would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    O K ..can I get a Real Opinion ,TY.
    it doesn't take a rocket biologist to tell you there should be no practicing medicine or allowing the practising of medicine on family unless there are extenuating circumstances which would be no other doctor so in other words YOU fucked up and besides what possible good would come of knowing how wrong your sister's diagnosis may have been ?

FWIW orthopedic surgery is in fact just good carpentry
    Last edited by XXX-er; 06-08-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Dude. Maybe a ski forum like TGR isn't the best place to get advice on skin related medical issues. This is like the millionth thread you've started asking about this.

Not going to sue your own sister? Bootlicker.

In all seriousness. Id recommend therapy to help bring u closure of this situation. Shit thappens, it was basically your fault. Time to move on
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

You people have no idea how people with skin problems that are noncancerous ,get ignored by doctors.
    Google 'Dermal Ulcer' ,and watch the horror stories pile in .
    Every visit to each doctor has been a total waste of time . Only saving grace has been the bandages recomended,that interact with the wound and help promote proper cell growth in the affected area. The guys in the last ski camp I attended(that JP taught with straightline) saw this tiny blemish that year..that was the day before the abscess just opened overnight..and bam -I was screwed right there.
    Now, I been riding this out for at least six years since.
    F Everyone that makes light of this!
    First hospital system said about four yrs ago - quote-"all clear" -at the same time this clearly was going bad.
    Lawyers do not look at these types of cases. I received a bunch of form letters saying " 2 yr limit on negligence " Right from the start..because the term Dermal Ulcer' was left out of the real diagnosis.
    Surgeons dont work on wounds like this usually! They want to see them heal ..then do stuff ,like scar revision surgeries.
    So I work ,with a wicked wound that looks like it will never heal.
    This really limits my hours and has destroyed my personal life.
    If your only answer is to attack me ,then you really need to check your mental status.
    American hospital systems get paid by Patient Roster numbers and subsidized by the Government through insurance now.They just want you on their roster.They dont really want the patient to heal-we are their customers!
    So (w, super heavy sarcasm ) you Wise Forum Termites- Post me a link to a GOOD Medical Blog -or a charity that deals with Old, Work Related Injuries.
    People sound so wise "just go to the doctor" . Well,booking appointments has done near nothing..I clearly need a surgeon that Wants to Help- Not pad their Hospital admissions and patient lists. That was the direct effect of Obamacare- Now hospital systems get paid by the amount of traffic they get and over book as well.
    i have been asking for a surgical solution since this re emerged- now -four years later they say -you need a surgeon! Yea ,no Shit. WTF; That's what have i been saying to you doctors, ever so politely.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

I reallyjust wanted a medical professional to comment in this thread ,confirming the obvious -
    My sister ,just a PA ,never should of chimed in ,when I told her I was goin to book a dermatology appointment for the tiny blemish. This Directly affected my initial care when the abscess opened up- i was put into observation mode, when I really needed surgery. Obviously ,she denies any unintentional fault. I left her out of it to protect her job ,because i already know the answer..
    She should have never been giving prescriptions outside of her work place.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Not going to sue your own sister? Bootlicker.

In all seriousness. Id recommend therapy to help bring u closure of this situation. Shit thappens, it was basically your fault. Time to move on
    I'd take therapy ,the wound need to be fixed or therapy is worthless waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Dude. Maybe a ski forum like TGR isn't the best place to get advice on skin related medical issues. This is like the millionth thread you've started asking about this.
    I hear ya..but sittin with a wicked wound I have nothing better to do...besides this stuff keeps me from unloading my 9mm on you all

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    it doesn't take a rocket biologist to tell you there should be no practicing medicine or allowing the practising of medicine on family unless there are extenuating circumstances which would be no other doctor so in other words YOU fucked up and besides what possible good would come of knowing how wrong your sister's diagnosis may have been ?

FWIW orthopedic surgery is in fact just good carpentry
    Yea ,I new it right away, when I awoke with a two inch hole in my cheek ,and my plilow was soaked with clear fluid, the day after that ski camp in 2010. This was just a small blemish, the night b4. Timing just sucked... the powder filled weekend and all the sweaty hiking up above the ski runs didnt help,as I did not know what was brewing. Sweating and Sunlight play havoc on this wound.
    Seemed so minor ,that it did not matter at the time to me, but I knew better than to get medication from a flunky source with no real diagnosis ,but this really looked like a small acne type blemish ,
    Who woulda guessed there was a piece of Vinyl siding in my cheek ,floating around for so long,causing massive scarring and ulcering deep along the jawline-I never felt Anything to indicate such.

(1) You have a dermatological issue;
    (2) You mention this to a family member who has no training in this field but has a script pad;
    (3) You are well aware of (2);
    (4) Family member thinks she is doing you a favor by prescribing X;
    (5) You ingest X;
    (6) Condition remains the same for two weeks and you do nothing further for your situation;
    (7) Your condition worsens;
    (8) You have no evidence that what you took resulted in your worsening condition;
    (9) Your current concern is to seek recourse from the family member.

Is that all correct? If (10) is my opinion, I don't think you need me to type it out.

Who woulda guessed there was a piece of Vinyl siding in my cheek .
    That was my guess right from the beginning.

And really, vinyl siding? That's more of an ask an architect question than an ask a doctor or lawyer one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Show us a picture of the wound. Two inches? That a pretty big hole in your face.

First of all--while your sister did nothing to help you she also didn't harm you. I'm not going to comment on whether or not she exceeded the terms of her license. You had the choice to accept or refuse the script and chose to accept it. Man up.

Second of all--you clearly have a very difficult but not rare problem--a chronic infection that won't heal. The skin heals but the underlying tissue doesn't--so fluid and infection are able to build up in the dead space under the healed skin until the thing breaks open and you have a big whole again. You probably are going to need some kind of surgery to get this thing healed. And it may take several attempts before this heals. Probably some ingrown hairs in there keeping it from healing. Look up pilonidal cyst. Same sort of thing. For most people it's on their ass. And I should have asked you this a few threads ago, but are you black? Non-healing facial wounds are a particular problem for black men. And have you tried not shaving? Probably won't help though as it sounds like the problem keeps recurring at one place, not all over your face.

Third--I can't be the first person to tell you this, but you have a way of really putting people off. Every time you've posted about this problem you're talking lawyer--you say you don't want to sue your sister but that isn't what the title of your thread says.. Docs may not be helping you because they're incompetent, because they are doing the right things and your body isn't cooperating, or most likely because they don't want to have to deal with you. Stop being an asshole and you might get better care. See if you can't get referred to a plastic surgeon with an interest in wound problems. There are actually a few who take care of problems like this; most just want to get rich doing cosmetic surgery.

And BTW, for most people--their doc or their hospital is getting paid per visit, per case, etc. There are capitated plans (that means the medical group gets so much per patient no matter what they do or don't do for the patient--Kaiser is one example--but most insurance doesn't work that way. Under Obamacare there is an attempt to move more people in that direction but it hasn't happened yet. Don't blame Obama for the hole in your face. It isn't his fault. He gets blamed for enough shit as it is.

Finally, I do understand how distressing this problem is to you, and how frustrated you are with how long it has gone on. Right now the best thing you can do for yourself is to find some kind of calm place in your head where you can deal with this patiently and peacefully. Anger is very hard on the people trying to take care of you, but it is much much harder on yourself.
    Last edited by old goat; 06-10-2015 at 11:50 PM.

Baron von Munchhausen ,is that you?
    picador

Quote Originally Posted by jon gaper View Post
    Baron von Munchhausen ,is that you?
    took care of on of those once. Guy claimed to be Joe Montana's brother (he wasn't). 26 year old. Came in with all the signs and symptoms of appendicitis but already had a scar over his appendix. He swore up and down his appendix had never been removed and another doc believed him and operated. Surprise--appendix gone. Then he started showing up in every ER in town after taking out his stitches and pulling his incision apart. Finally showed up with chest pain claiming he was having a heart attack. Nobody believed him--26 after all--until they saw his EKG--massive heart attack. Actually arrested and was resuscitated and sent off to another hospital for surgery. Never heard from him after that. I've always wondered if he took something to give himself a heart attack, although I don't know what that would be. Speed maybe.

Our Baron sounds like he has a real problem.

I reallyjust wanted a medical professional to comment in this thread ,confirming the obvious -
    My sister ,just a PA ,never should of chimed in ,when I told her I was goin to book a dermatology appointment for the tiny blemish. This Directly affected my initial care when the abscess opened up- i was put into observation mode, when I really needed surgery. Obviously ,she denies any unintentional fault. I left her out of it to protect her job ,because i already know the answer..
    Hasn't anyone told you not to pick at it?

OP seems to post about this every 6 months or so. Last time he was blaming it on some sort of home construction project gone wrong involving a faulty ladder and sheetrock debris causing the hole in his face. He was asking for legal advise about suing the general contractor.

OP: you obviously are a standup mag if you did a gordycamp, but please seek some mental health care. I sincerely wish you luck and hope you get well.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Paragraphs and paragraphs of Matty-esque Unabomber scrawl. Tl;dr please get help.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

An important piece of logic you're missing in this thread: you're posting about blaming and wanting to sue medical professionals for giving advice/treatment without a proper exam....then asking professionals on here to give an opinion without having examined you.

So...

Anyway, I can't (obviously) help much with your skin issue, but I feel for you. If I could offer any advice, being in a family of docs and nurses and physical therapists and having gone to nursing school myself...Take a high degree of responsibility for your own care, as much as you can possibly take. Do research, lots of research, into your condition. Learn, in detail, what practitioners are looking for in their diagnostic processes and learn treatment options in detail, learn to clarify every thing you don't know when you deal with the healthcare shitshow. Because it sucks so bad...as you know...you have to be your own expert and your own advocate. You won't be a doc, but you can know your own condition and its implications very, very well.

When I deal with family on medical stuff, and I have, I wouldn't even consider holding them responsible for adverse effects subsequent to their having helped me outside of an official clinical relationship. Perhaps knowing me, knowing that I'd never in 100 lifetimes bang on them about making a mistake, is why they're willing to assist. Do what you will, but if I were you I'd have a talk with my sister about what went wrong and see what her thinking was and try to learn something from this--without blaming her or putting her on the defensive. Medicine isn't perfect, even outside of our sociopolitical legal economic problems with it, sometimes they're going to get it wrong. Only an asshole immediately starts thinking about lawsuits when the medical interventions don't work. Smart people take a hard look at what happened and learn from it, and move forward.

Sorry man, that's probably going to read harsh. But I mean, I think there's been problems in your approach to this, at least if your end goal is being healthy and having good relations with your family.

Don't prescribe to friends and family. It was on fucking medical school day one.

The end
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Don't prescribe to friends and family. It was on fucking medical school day one.

The end
    If that is all you got,you must have flunked out before the psych rotation
    “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” HST

No, I learned don't bang your patients on my psych rotation.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear