Why can't I see all the posts?

Sometimes, when I search "New Posts," I find that the results screen doesn't allow me to view all of the actual results. For instance, this morning, I showed 39 results, but only 34 were listed, and there was no "next page" button to find the remaining ones. I've attached an image showing this...

Normally when this happens, it's showing all but one or two. I don't think I've seen 5 missing before.

Is this because of the new posts not showing PolyAsshat, or something?

Are you logged in?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Yep. It doesn't happen all the time (even if there are new Political Asshattery posts), so I'm not sure it's related to that, it was just the first thing that came to mind. It's just always struck me as odd, is all.

This is happening to me on the iphone app a lot lately-
    Shows that there are new posts but when I open the thread it ends at earlier posts, even though in the timeline view shows a newer post.

App does this for me also. Have to Refresh, press the 3 dots top right. It's a pain in the ass, don't know why the app won't refresh itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    App does this for me also. Have to Refresh, press the 3 dots top right. It's a pain in the ass, don't know why the app won't refresh itself.
    Likewise. Have to hit "mark all as read" before i can see the new posts. I'm sure we have this open with a support ticket with tapatalk.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Why can't I see all the posts?

I was prompted to update the app today. Too bad the new posts still don't show without pressing refresh. Has someone given up trying to fix it properly & just said ".. fuck it lets just make the refresh button bigger.."???!! Is this the best PNW's over paid tech workers can manage?