Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post

I'm fine with the lift, don't go to a resort to hike.
    Epic ski has openings.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    If you like bumps and skied-out crud.
    Yup.

Stupid stupid fucking lift. Yeah, sure Ernie had visions of doing it way back, but times have changed and every kook can ski that face on the new equipment.

If you haven't lived there and skied there you just have no idea. The rest of the terrain is tight trees and chutes. There was one bowl at tsv for pow rippin turns and now it's a duck fest.

Quote Originally Posted by once/year View Post
    I agree with you, Meadow Skipper. That is true on Main Street, and other easier, meadow-like lines.
    You making fun of my screen name?

But there are difficult lines, drops, cruxes, and cliffs once you get skills beyond the main lines.
    No shit? Just so we're clear, I live near there and have been skiing at Taos since '92, but thanks for both the insight and the benefit of your experience.

The only good thing about the lift is being able to lap the dog legs.... I never skied over there b/c I didn't want to lose a bunch of vert prior to skiing my line.... And I'm sure there is a counterpoint to that...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    The only good thing about the lift is being able to lap the dog legs.... I never skied over there b/c I didn't want to lose a bunch of vert prior to skiing my line.... And I'm sure there is a counterpoint to that...
    That is a good point and the only upside. I only skied those lines a few times due to the loss of vert and time to get there.