Montana Enduro Series

Figured there must be some mags racing this thang. Heading up to the Helenduro tomorrow with HVSkier to give this whole thing a whirl. 2,300 feet of climbing and rain is going to make this one interesting... who's going?

http://www.montanaenduro.com/the-ser...-2/helena2015/
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

I'll be there. I'm the one going slow on a plastic Devinci.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'll be there. I'm the one going slow on a plastic Devinci.
    Cool! I'll be on a blue plastic Pivot with weird looking ankle braces and fucked up feet. We'll see you there!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Yep, Ill be trying to keep Toast within a minute on a silver Remedy 29.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

It's nice to see how Helena has really embraced mountain biking.
    Fucking Wilderness dickheads
    Anyway, have fun, good luck, and all that.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

This race will go off rain or shine, so don't worry about that. Trails here are bulletproof once they dry out in the spring. The least impact race we've ever run was at the tail end of an inch of rain. They get hammered when it's dry.

I'll be on top of the last stage. And probably pouring beer at tonight's party. PBR and local Blackfoot River micros on tap, and Iron Horse bombers.

Sweet. Are you pouring beers at the garage thing?

Looks like chance of rain went fown a little bit... Stoked!

I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing; I'm operating at-large for this race. Pouring or drinking heavily, one or the other. Maybe both. He just got his new draft system installed with custom tap handles from twenty6, and we're all pretty geeked about it. Officially the packet pick up starts at 7:00, but feel free to come and hang whenever you guys are done riding. Music starts at 9:00.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing; I'm operating at-large for this race. Pouring or drinking heavily, one or the other. Maybe both. He just got his new draft system installed with custom tap handles from twenty6, and we're all pretty geeked about it. Officially the packet pick up starts at 7:00, but feel free to come and hang whenever you guys are done riding. Music starts at 9:00.
    Right on. Psyched! Well get in around five and will do some pre riding then. Feel like stages one and three will be most critical to get familiar with... Any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Right on. Psyched! Well get in around five and will do some pre riding then. Feel like stages one and three will be most critical to get familiar with... Any insight?
    Yeah, I'd agree with that. Stage 1 is a very popular trail so that's the one you definitely want to get a practice run on. And 3 is probably the one with the most stuff going on- pedal sections, awkward rocks, etc.

Not many people ride 3 and 4 so there isn't much locals' advantage on them. They're relatively new trails and they end on the east side of town instead of shooting you towards the taproom. I've only ridden those twice, and one of those was course recon. 2 is short and open, and 4 is pretty straightforward: straight line sidehill blasting with a few right turns, but you'll see them well in advance. You'll want to be on the gas where you can, but there aren't any secrets or tricks to that one besides one big rock to dance around. You may as well ride 2 on the way to 3, though. You'll only save yourself ~5-10 minutes of riding by cutting it out.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Stage 1 is a very popular trail so that's the one you definitely want to get a practice run on. And 3 is probably the one with the most stuff going on- pedal sections, awkward rocks, etc.

Not many people ride 3 and 4 so there isn't much locals' advantage on them. They're relatively new trails and they end on the east side of town instead of shooting you towards the taproom. I've only ridden those twice, and one of those was course recon. 2 is short and open, and 4 is pretty straightforward: straight line sidehill blasting with a few right turns, but you'll see them well in advance. You'll want to be on the gas where you can, but there aren't any secrets or tricks to that one besides one big rock to dance around. You may as well ride 2 on the way to 3, though. You'll only save yourself ~5-10 minutes of riding by cutting it out.
    Sweet! Thanks for the tips. Well do the first three then. Taking off now so we'll see you tonight. Will likely be in gray TGR hoodie.

custom tap handles from twenty6
    Yep, let's just all let this sink in for a moment. So rad.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Yep, let's just all let this sink in for a moment. So rad.

Nice and soggy after holding off all day yesterday. See you boys out there.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Montana Enduro Series

Dunfee won best finish by a long shot, wish I got it on camera. Good job guys that was tough racing conditions.
    Last edited by rludes025; 05-16-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Formerly Rludes025

The Big Balls True Grit Award goes to anybody who rode in that event. It rained hard most of the day, but at least the wind blew. I got pretty scared watching out my garage door ... I hope you fuckers carved some nice lines. Serious effort today, seriously.
    Last edited by CountryFunk; 05-17-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1431827452.843538.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	167241 here is the wife post race.

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    Dunfee won best finish by a long shot, wish I got it on camera. Good job guys that was tough racing conditions.
    Slide for life! Despite the effort the timing thing didn't count the finish on the last segment but oh well. Great to meet you guys and let me know if you're riding tomorrow. Quick o face selfie:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1431833631.332686.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	580.2 KB 
ID:	167242

Also thanks for the props... And for making sure I got passed.

looked fun, if the USFS sets me free in time im hoping to hit the red lodge race at the tail end