REno-tahoe bike mags

Just moved from Santa Fe to Reno. Hoping to hookup with some Reno-Tahoe mags this Saturday 5/16/15 and ride some DH or 6"ish shuttle riding. I have a 6 by NSR rack. I'm slow a slow as shit climber thus preferential to shuttling. I don't know squat about what's good here. thx.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Downieville shuttles were running (at least, I swear I read that a couple weeks back), but I'd imagine they've stopped with the new snow? Worth a call to Yuba Expeditions or Downieville Outfitters to check. That's an option you can do on your own if you can't find anybody to shuttle with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Just moved from Santa Fe to Reno. Hoping to hookup with some Reno-Tahoe mags this Saturday 5/16/15 and ride some DH or 6"ish shuttle riding. I have a 6 by NSR rack. I'm slow a slow as shit climber thus preferential to shuttling. I don't know squat about what's good here. thx.
    You might want to check out the weather forecast first. ;-)

Have you ridden Brown's Creek trail? (google it for map -- it's an official trail). Next to it, and crossing it a couple times, is a much burlier DH trail with a lot of jumps etc. built in. Someone's done a lot of work on that trail.

I can show you where it is, but I'm not riding the DH trail -- way over my abilities...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

sweet thx for beta. just found browns creek on googlemap thx to you El Chup!

My wife and I rode downieville last sat and sun before last and it was good fun.

yep, weather looks terrible for this weekend. just got free from work though and motivating to go to susanville and pedal before the rains.

I'd be stoked to get out with some mags and ride. we had a great crew in NM... pretty bummed we're not there anymore.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

As you go up (or down) Brown's Creek trail, watch for the intersecting other trail(s). You might have to walk up them to see where they start -- I've only ridden part of one of the DH trails there, but it seems like there are a couple of them close together.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.