Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oprah was dull - sorry. Just me or did she have a shiner?

Finally watched the Ray Romano, Brian Regan, Dave Matthews show from early last week. That was great! Dave even seemed to be caught in the moment towards the end of the show. If you have that one DVR'ed it's a must see.

Norm is great. One of the most underrated comics around.

Hanks and Vedder monda
    Penultimate show is Murray an Dillon
    Wed grab bag.

Letterman is about as funny as a root canal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

^It's ok, not everyone loves vanilla.

Bill Murray never disappoints. I don't know what makes him so funny, but he is Funny. Respect Bob Dillion but he's still lost on me. Tonight's gonna be fun.
    Last edited by TomCrac; 05-20-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Been seeing lots of tributes and best of clips. Larry bud melman was a friggin riot and Chris Elliot's man under the seats was great.

Dave was a huge influence on so many people in the industry. Old friend/ former band mate from college was heavily influenced while studying communications. Used to post his own top ten list every day and his broadcasts were always quirky. He's been on NY1 for years and although I've lost touch with him I'm sure the influence is still evident.

They pelted me with rocks and garbage!

Couldn't find a clip of when Bill and Dave were getting seriuos for a moment and Bill says hold on a minute, he's got to do a product placement ad and pulls out a bottle of Vodka. They both start chugging on it. Very funny moment.

Jimmy Kimmel devoted a good chunk of his monologue from last night in tribute to Dave - demanded his audience change the channel and watch Dave tonight. I'd link the video but I suck at doing that. I imagine he might even do an introduction to his (rerun) show tonight to tell his audience to watch Dave instead. Very classy move. Kimmel would have just gained a fan if I wasn't one already.

Homage to Letterman

Kimmel was very emotional paying homage to someone clearly as much his hero like as Johnny was for Dave. Conan also wrote and taped some very good reminders of how influential Dave was to comedy and television.

It's really hard to convey how subversive, real, bizarre and new he was early on. Check out the Larry Bud opening to his first show.

"I do and I do and I do for you kids and this is the thanks I get!"

An ex-gf of mine lived in CT and her mom met Letterman at a restaurant. She asked him to sign a napkin (all she had on hand) for her nephew. Letterman obliged with this:

"Dear (name),

Stay out of jail.

-Dave"

One of my favorite TV personalities ever.

I was walking up Broadway this afternoon and happened to see the crowd on the side entrance and got to see some the stars walking out. Jim Carey was cool enough to walk across the street and shake hands with lots of people. Waited for Dave for 20 minutes and left. I'm sure there was quite an after party going on in there.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Still can't watch this without tearing up.... Once you get past the Giulliani shit... True legend, everyone else doesn't come fucking close...

http://youtu.be/DBLgp1qTCTg

And no, I still can't figure out the embed function, thanks Dunfee!!!!!

End of an era. Great laughs. Way to send it off Dave!, with Foo Fighters and video of his boy skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    End of an era. Great laughs. Way to send it off Dave!, with Foo Fighters and video of his boy skiing.
    Amen brutha.

Homage to Letterman

I was a freshman in college in the fall of 82. Almost every weeknight we would all kick in a buck and buy a dime bag and do bong hits and watch Letterman. Dollar Daze. 11:11. Then Letterman.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I was a freshman in college in the fall of 82. Almost every weeknight we would all kick in a buck and buy a dime bag and do bong hits and watch Letterman. Dollar Daze. 11:11. Then Letterman.
    Sounds like my freshman year too

The stream of clips was a firehouse of
    memories for me. Gonna miss his presence hugely and can relate to everything Kimmel said.

Bummed the last few weeks aren't on Hulu or their Apple TV app
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Homage to Letterman

There's a lot of stuff on YouTube and the cbs site but have got deep enough to know how far back or extensive. Seems like the copyright folks have been busy this week too

I taped them . Will not erase from the DVR until a hardware failure. Really great shows the last 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Little blast from the past - just give it sixty seconds.

Great seeing Dave on Colbert last night. Cant believe his kid is in college now. Worth checking out online if you like Dave