Can't see PM notifications

I just realized I've had pms sitting in my box for over a week. The orange circle notification isn't showing up, nor any sort of counterpart.

Firefox on windows 7 FWIW

What's up?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I just realized I've had pms sitting in my box
    Did you expect PMS to strike you somewhere other than in your box?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

looks to be hidden under the new black band. Best work-around i've used is that when i'm reading any thread, like this one for example, there is a 'Private Messages' button on the band of options up top, just below the red 'reply to thread' button...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    looks to be hidden under the new black band. Best work-around i've used is that when i'm reading any thread, like this one for example, there is a 'Private Messages' button on the band of options up top, just below the red 'reply to thread' button...
    There's just no reason to check it if you don't know there's anything new. But yeah it sounds like you're seeing the same (lack of) thing I am.

Why baby jesus! Why!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Same here, trying to figure out how the hell to open my PM's to respond to Tye!

If it ain't broke, fix it till everyone moves to Big Lines?
    Seriously, wtf is with all the horrible website redesign. Not only is it horrible, but it seems like a bad ROI.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Talked to Brenna about this yesterday and were figuring out how to fix it. Missed PMs from flowing alpy and bc2ski too, goddamn. We're on it. Also looking into adding a Latest Started Threads option in the drop-down menu and the ability to save a thread as a draft for those putting a lot of work into their TRs, per garyfromterrace's suggestion.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Talked to Brenna about this yesterday and were figuring out how to fix it.
    By getting rid of the floating black bar?

wtf did you guys do with the Vashikarans? That was my only job security, nuking those fuckers, now i might be out on the street...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Tye, or anyone else who may be listening --

When I do a "new posts" search, the "private messages" button is missing on the black header bar -- all I see is:
    Activity Stream| New Posts| New Group Messages| New Events| Mark Forums Read| Forum Search|

However, when I am in a thread, I see the following buttons on the black header bar:
    Forum| New Posts| Private Messages| FAQ| Calendar| Forum Actions| Quick Links| Advanced Search| Contests|
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Ya that's what i see too. But now there's a 'notifications' bubble in it's old spot, top left in the black banner. That should help...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Ya that's what i see too. But now there's a 'notifications' bubble in it's old spot, top left in the black banner. That should help...?
    I don't have that "notifications" bubble in the top black banner. I have symbols for facebook, twitter, etc., then tour tickets/ forums/ upload/ El Chupacabra/Search

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I don't have that "notifications" bubble in the top black banner. I have symbols for facebook, twitter, etc., then tour tickets/ forums/ upload/ El Chupacabra/Search
    Do you still not see it after clearing your cache?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Do you still not see it after clearing your cache?
    I see it when I'm scrolled to the top of the screen. If I'm scrolled down a ways, it doesn't appear in the black bar.

In other words, it's pinned to the top of the screen, and all that you guys fixed was you moved it from behind the black bar to in front of it. It's not actually attached to the black bar, it's attached to the top of the page.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I see it when I'm scrolled to the top of the screen. If I'm scrolled down a ways, it doesn't appear in the black bar.

In other words, it's pinned to the top of the screen, and all that you guys fixed was you moved it from behind the black bar to in front of it. It's not actually attached to the black bar, it's attached to the top of the page.
    I'll see if we can't get it positioned in the actual floating bar.

Cool, while you're at it there's this weird white floating margin taking up a lot of my screen. Can you look into that maybe?
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky