Black Crows Nocta vs Blizzard Spur

HiAll,

Cananyone shed some light on the choice between Blizzard Spurs vs Black Crows Nocta?I can find lots of great stuff on the Spursbut curious what others say first hand – so hard to get any decent informationon the current Noctas.Worried that theNoctas are going to be too heavy for Coastal snow/trees. I know BC are bringingout the Nocta Air for next year but it would be this year’s skis that I wouldlook at.(Me, 80kg, ex racer, skis to beused mainly for Whistler with the occasionaltrip to the ALPs.)

Anyhelp/comments would be appreciated.

M

Quote Originally Posted by mmmdynastar View Post
    HiAll,

Cananyone shed some light on the choice between Blizzard Spurs vs Black Crows Nocta?I can find lots of great stuff on the Spursbut curious what others say first hand – so hard to get any decent informationon the current Noctas.Worried that theNoctas are going to be too heavy for Coastal snow/trees. I know BC are bringingout the Nocta Air for next year but it would be this year’s skis that I wouldlook at.(Me, 80kg, ex racer, skis to beused mainly for Whistler with the occasionaltrip to the ALPs.)

Anyhelp/comments would be appreciated.

M
    Different leagues:
    Spur – directional pow oriented charger, stout flex, no tail rocker
    Nocta – backcountry jib ski, soft, tip and tail rocker

If you have racing background and like traditional approach to the mountain, Spur is the way to go. If you like to jib in pow, Nocta could be your choice. Lots of skiers on Noctas in the Alps but you see rarely real rippers on it.

Nocta actually skis quite a lot stiffer and damper than I expected from the hand flex. Definitely do have a speed limit on more consolidated snow on steeper big open faces, but they're more than just a jib ski. A 192 would be nice...

Still very different to the Spur though.
    Last edited by ClarkleberryFinn; 05-08-2015 at 06:02 AM.

Black Crows Sevun II is more comparable to Blizzard Spur than the Nocta, check it out. Nocta is awesome too though, there's lots of good skiers (at least in the alps) using Noctas

Thanks for all of your comments - really helpful. I am going to go for the Nocta's (can get them for a good price) and hopefully test the Spur and Bodacious next season. I've skied the Sevun a couple of years ago and wasn't too keen if i'm honest - planky. Thanks again!