Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    The upper bar doesn't seem to float much anymore. Thank you.
    eta: At least not when you scroll down.
    It never floated on the scroll down. But still does annoyingly so at the slightest scroll up.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

So here's what's going on with my screen... maybe it's just me (using Firefox). My "Forums" drop down will not scroll down past what I can see on my screen (it appears to be a static drop down). So I zoomed way out on my screen (to about 25% where I can barely read it) and now I can see all the forums. Except Poly Ass, but I don't think that was ever listed there? I always thought maybe that was by design.

Edit to clarify (clear as mud maybe): My screen will scroll down to the bottom, but once there, the Forums drop down will not scroll further, and at the zoom level I use, I'm not able to see all the forums at that point. I would need to scroll further down to see them all.
    Last edited by hikesalot; 05-06-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    I see Padded Room but no PollyAss or Ask TGR. I'll ask Brenna.
    On mine (using chrome) I can only see as far as Gear Swap (list view).

^^ If I'm static I see "Hook Up". If I scroll I see down to "Gimp Central". Res is at 1280 x 800. All on Chrome.

Oh, the fucking Stash sidebar bullshit is still eating up a lot of my screen.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    On mine (using chrome) I can only see as far as Gear Swap (list view).
    So that appears to be a scrolling issue similar to mine. If you zoom way out, can you see them all? (except PolyAss)

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    So that appears to be a scrolling issue similar to mine. If you zoom way out, can you see them all? (except PolyAss)
    Solution maybe is to include a scrolling feature in that drop-down menu?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Solution maybe is to include a scrolling feature in that drop-down menu?
    I think so

I can scroll down the forums menu just fine. Everything is listed except PolyAss, which is also fine. I'm also on Chrome. So it's a bug that's only affecting some.

You could also just change the button/font size or layout to something not designed for first graders so that it would fit on most screens. I shouldn't have to tell you this, fitting menus on screens is like web design 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Swine View Post

the fucking Stash sidebar bullshit is still eating up a lot of my screen.

Holy shit, the amount of garbage floating around my screen is fucked. I scroll up to re-read a line, BAM, obnoxious black bar covers it up. I scroll down, the "Popular This Week" sidebar jumps up and down. Scroll back up, the sidebar jumps around again. Scroll down, scroll stutters because it's trying to keep up with moving bullshit. Make the things fixed to the page where they should be.

Seriously, every single web designer that is adding these floating headers and sidebars must be trying to recreate the formatting nightmare that was MySpace.

edit to add: And if you're going to redo the user pages, at least bring back the "latest started threads" link. It's a useful tool for browsing for legendary threads from, say, Parvo and JoeStrummer.

jgb@etree Guest
    It never floated on the scroll down. But still does annoyingly so at the slightest scroll up.
    It's absolutely retarded. I could probably lock a couple of chimps in a room for a few hours and they'd come up with better implemented and more user friendly changes. This shit is seriously pathetic. But I guess if the end goal is to make the forums less user friendly and alienate people, they're fucking crushing it. Hard.

so... are the TGR overlords going to work with us or....Biglines?

is it just me or did the private messages button up in the top left corner disappear? Where be the PM's?
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    is it just me or did the private messages button up in the top left corner disappear? Where be the PM's?
    gotta check your stash! Really, click My Stash. PMs will show as an option on the right
    Last edited by hikesalot; 05-11-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Get rid of the stash. That thing takes up half my screen on the ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    It's now hidden under the floating black bar - if you can click and drag the page down you can see it where you used to, but if you try to click it, the bar covers it up again. I was gonna complain about that but I get tired of pointing out the constant f/ups. That, and I figured that maybe it was a 'feature.'

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Get rid of the stash. That thing takes up half my screen on the ipad.
    Tgr doesn't care about stupid tablet users brah
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Tgr doesn't care about stupid tablet users brah
    They don't care about any of us. It's been made clear repeatedly. I figured I'd bring it up without calling Dunfee a back alley rim job practitioner though.

That's very thoughtful of you.

Come on Dunfee, didn't I help you with bike beta and ghetto tubeless ideas? Throw us a bone, don't fucking bone us - get rid of this shit dumb side bar stash shit.

use these adblock filters

tetongravity.com##.top-nav
    tetongravity.com##.sidebar-nav

Doesn't fix the empty space on the right once you scroll past the upper stuff, but at least shit isn't bouncing around the screen anymore.

^^ Solved some of the annoyance. Thanks for that.

^^ Solved some of the annoyance. Thanks for that.
    Sorry for the sidebar... I know it's not sweet for a bunch of the mags, but something we had to do for a variety of reasons. Open to changing what's in there content-wise beyond The Stash stuff, but if you choose to block it all that's totally fine.

Thank you, really though, for the bike beta and tubeless help. Ran great on the Rocky and the guy I sold it to was very happy with it.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    use these adblock filters

tetongravity.com##.top-nav
    tetongravity.com##.sidebar-nav
    THANK YOU!!!!

So much better now...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.