Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Sometimes it feels like the entire Tgr community is used as a guinea pig for things that would be better handled by a focus group. It wouldn't take more than a small handful of people to return the "this change blows" feedback.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

tgrweb or whoever is running this place --

Why won't you respond to the unanimous input from us? We are the people who post on this forum -- who all, uniformly, are telling you that THESE CHANGES SUCK.

There hasn't been a single post anywhere on this forum stating that the forum user likes these changes. Nobody likes them.

Nobody.

Pay attention.

Do you simply not give a shit? Or are you actually trying to destroy the forum, and drive it elsewhere?

If running this forum is too much trouble, just say so. We'll move it elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. FLY THIS SHIT INTO THE GROUND LIKE YOU MEAN IT.

No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    tgrweb or whoever is running this place --

Why won't you respond to the unanimous input from us? We are the people who post on this forum -- who all, uniformly, are telling you that THESE CHANGES SUCK.

There hasn't been a single post anywhere on this forum stating that the forum user likes these changes. Nobody likes them.

Nobody.

Pay attention.

Do you simply not give a shit? Or are you actually trying to destroy the forum, and drive it elsewhere?

If running this forum is too much trouble, just say so. We'll move it elsewhere.
    ^ this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Why is my TGR unreadable on my iphone now?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Why is my TGR unreadable on my iphone now?
    Yep...completely worthless via browser on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Get. Rid. Of. The Top Bar.

Also, didn't the default theme already get changed to white a while ago? I changed it to blue. Now you changed it back to white so I had to change it back to blue again. WTF are you trying to accomplish?
    Yeah, top bar is weak as fuck. Especially if you are on the blue template. But, either way, it's a complete waste of space.

Get with the times.............. HTML5 or DIE

The black text on white made it incredibly hard to read- way too much contrast. This is really, really bad.

Also, what ever happened to the TGR Android App? It is no longer in the Google Play store.

The Tapatalk app sucks- the forum navigation is messed up and I can only see recent posts from all forums.

This top bar is annoying as fuck. Why do you keep adding "features" that make shit worse? Seriously. If you want everyone to leave just pull the plug already.

Biglines- They have tags
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

I'm not usually a big complainer but the most recent round of forum updates is absolutely dreadful. You're pissing away a ton of screen real estate on these stupid top and side bars. Come on guys. Did you you even look at the way the forum displays after you finished changing things? It's ridiculous. Fix it. Please.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

I'm wondering what it will take but hoping that maybe one more heartfelt complaint will make a difference...in any event adding my 2¢ - the floating top bar sucks hard. Please, please fucking get rid of it.

Nothin' from tgrwebguy or dunfee or anyone?

Classy.

Do you guys not backup your old code? Is that why the top bar hasn't just reverted back?
    If whatever crap software you're using can't just keep a change history and revert it, get some external hard disks. They're a very cheap undo button.
    No longer stuck.

Tgr guys,

Would you look at what you've done?!

Even stuck is making relevant suggestions!

Oh, the humanity!

...big lines has tags you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Don't get ahead of yourself, kid (GET IT?! KID?! THAT'S FUNNY!). I still think they should add a bunch of contentless overblown flash animation. It's what every ski and bike manufacturer does for their websites so it must be the right thing to do. Oh, and page transitions. And frames. Yeah!!!111 Let's get 1998 up in this bitch!
    No longer stuck.

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Mods, Dunfee... how about a reply on the sliding top bar situation?? I've tried switching from blue to white (doesn't work, never mind awful contrast). Are you guys going to address it? Are you working on it? Do we HAVE to switch to Chrome? Do you care?

This blows.

The floating top bar is not as huge in Safari as the pics of Chrome (still sucks though) but the Side Stash is extra hungry taking up 1/4 to 1/3 of my screen real estate. This isn't even getting into how much memory the forum now uses compared to previously.

Just do a sit out to get some attention...nobody post or look at TGR for 5 days. See if that gets some attention.

May the 4th be with you
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Yes we do hear you. We removed the white navigation bar as sticky. Now if you scroll back up just the black utility menu with the forums drop down stays in view. Acceptable?

Also - we just hired a contractor for the SPAM issues and should have an update for you in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks!

Better. The black bar popping in and out of view is still annoying and distracting as hell. I don't really care if it's visible or hidden, just pick one.

Stash sidebar still takes up way too much real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Stash sidebar still takes up way too much real estate.
    Yep. Get rid of the stash sidebar.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Better. The black bar popping in and out of view is still annoying and distracting as hell. I don't really care if it's visible or hidden, just pick one.
    I tend to agree with this. Much better to have only the black bar at the top - takes up less space. I can probably deal with it coming and going, but it would be less annoying to either be there all the time, or not.

The side bar does take up a lot of space, but I could probably deal with it. But if it could take up less space that would be better.

ETA: Thank you for removing that white floating header.... that took up way too much real estate.

I'd honestly rather you had a stash ad (which is anyway only for your own "content") every 10 posts in a thread than taking up so much of MY screen.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrweb View Post
    Yes we do hear you. We removed the white navigation bar as sticky. Now if you scroll back up just the black utility menu with the forums drop down stays in view. Acceptable?

Also - we just hired a contractor for the SPAM issues and should have an update for you in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks!
    Yes, much better without that web 1.0 floating bar. As many have said the percentage of screen real estate taken up by this stash nonsense is insane. The most user friendly thing would be to dump it completely, but if you guys are too stubborn to do that maybe you should consider dynamic sizing rather than a fixed size of 300x1120px. I can only imagine how shitty the end user experience must be on a phone, tablet, or frankly pretty much anything smaller than a 21" widescreen monitor.

Glad to see some progress possibly being made on the spam front, but whats up with the no bid contracting of anti spam services? I'll take care of biz for half of whatever they are charging, in half the time. Deal?