jgb@etree Guest

Exclamation Floating header borked on Chrome

Haven't tried any other browsers. When I start scrolling down and the header tries to 'float' and stay on the top of the page it resizes all of the code beneath it and you can't see the left hand side of the the page.

Chrome 42, Win7 64, 1920x1080

jgb@etree Guest
    Looks like it only happens with the blue theme. When I switch to the fugly white theme the problem goes away, but comes back when I switch back to blue.

Glad folks are investing time on important stuff like this rather do something trying to prevent the daily spamfest

Edit - Screenshot:

Last edited by jgb@etree; 04-30-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Floating header sucks. So does the floating shit on the right side of the screen. Distracting and shrinks the screen.

Concur on the floating header, annoying. At least on my pad I can stretch the screen to lose the ads and other bs.

Not a fan of the new format
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Bunch of other shit going on with whatever you guys have done.

Missing several months of threads depending on view... at moment forum home is displaying as if is last august?

Also the pop up invitation to update user's "home' page or "profile" is about as welcome as the herpe. Or a born again Catholic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah, floating header/sidebar suck.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Yeah, a bunch of weird CSS issues all over the place. The new sidebar is nice in theory, but doesn't give enough info for me to want to click into it, so it's just a waste of space. Forum Nave should stay stick as well if you are going to stick the top Nav. Lots of cut off content like you have a negative value in a padding entry somewhere.

On Chrome, the black header and the white header stick sometimes, sometimes it's just the white header, and sometimes the black header comes in and out as I scroll.

Floating header borked on Chrome

Why the fuck does this thing that no one asked for or needed take up about an eighth of my fucking screen when I scroll down ? You all must be the densest mother fuckers on the planet. The shit we need fixed gets a cursory glance and you go ahead and fuck up the fucking stuff that wasn't fucking wrong. For fucks sake.

Litterally takes up 7/8 inch of my 5.5 inch view on my laptop. Great choice.

And no, I don't want to drop into My Stash or whatever the fuck that is.

Turning into the myspace of forums around here.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

I like how it eliminates an inch of viewable space and is hard on the eyes.
    Fucking Christ, every time you do a redesign it's hard on the eyes to outright awful. Fire your designers, they're obviously colorblind and dumb.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ive never seen peeps work so hard on fixin shit that aint broke to the point of fucked up
    yet not be able to stop a 3 1/2 month spamfest
    fuck the front page profile no one fuckin cares giant sidebar and annoying header
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Yup.
    Again, this is free, so I'm not so mad.
    It's free, so maybe you shouldn't keep trying to "fix" it. Did someone do an roi estimation on this that said it was a good idea for the web guys to sink this much time into it?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ive never seen peeps work so hard on fixin shit that aint broke to the point of fucked up
    yet not be able to stop a 3 1/2 month spamfest
    fuck the front page profile no one fuckin cares giant sidebar and annoying header
    But do you see the branding?!?!! Teton logo always in your face, and this 'Stash' shit shoved down your throat. Looks like a half assed marketing plan executed poorly on the interwebz.

On the bright side, posts are now correctly justified in the little bit of screen real estate not occupied by the hudge stash bar.

Dumping or dramatically reducing the size of the stash and making the floating header invisible until mouseover would probably yield a more user friendly experience.

Floating header takes up 50% of the screen on my smartphone.

RIP Richard Pryor