XD hope pretty bomber?

I'm mostly a Hadley and CK guy but the 40 poe Hopes I have are OK. Next wheel set is 11 spd build; has the XD hope freehub been reliable in your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I'm mostly a Hadley and CK guy but the 40 poe Hopes I have are OK. Next wheel set is 11 spd build; has the XD hope freehub been reliable in your experience?
    I ran an XD Hope Fatsno on my 29+ wheelset on my Fattie most of last summer, no complaints yet. This was not my primary bike as you know, but I did put a decent number of miles in on it last year.

You probably know and might be invested in SRAM 11spd already, but shimano xt 11spd with regular free hub body looks nice. 11-42 option and ethirteen has new 45t(w16t?) to add on. I'm guessing new xt r der should accommodate

But it does not go to 10!!!

Actually that 11 speed XT stuff looks pretty good.

Not sure what kind of wheelset your building up, but if you like CK, I recently had one built up with an XD driver.

Full on spinal tap dude. Goes to eleven

Got over a year on them and no issues. Really like them infact, and they are realy easy to maintain too.

Thx. As I posted, I have a lot of experience with newer and older kings, Hadley's, and hopes,and was just curious about whether the xd driver hopes had any unique issues. I have a few 1x10 42-11 setups but wanted a 42-10 for this bike build. More fasterer.

Put two thousand hard dirt miles on mine last year with no issues. Careful about your torque when tightening that thing on. I never really paid much attention till I broke the freehub removal bit trying to get it off. Also saw one at the shop the other where the Hadley XD driver was getting sacrificed trying to get the cassette off. Don't know if they ever got it off.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Put two thousand hard dirt miles on mine last year with no issues. Careful about your torque when tightening that thing on. I never really paid much attention till I broke the freehub removal bit trying to get it off. Also saw one at the shop the other where the Hadley XD driver was getting sacrificed trying to get the cassette off. Don't know if they ever got it off.
    Hope / Sram is pretty adamant about properly lubing the threads with anti seize prior to installation to prevent that exact same problem.