Goggles/ glasses recommendations?

My eyes water too much on the downhills and I've resorted to using ski goggles on the way down but I'd like to find a less dorky solution. What are you using to keep the wind off your eyes? Regular sunglasses aren't doing it for me.

They come in mavic enduro yellow too.

http://www.amazon.com/DeWalt-DPG94-1...safety+glasses

I've also got some much more expensive Ryder light sensitive things that get a little darker on high desert sunny days. But I use those dewalt ones a lot. The indoor/outdoor ones look interesting.

Neither are as good as goggles but they're pretty wide and they don't get sweaty either. A downhiller friend of mine refuses to ride down a mountain without moto goggles......even on trail rides. Looks like a hassle.

Just buy a pair of moto goggles and try it. I also wear contacts FWIW.

edit: try these!

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DPG82-1..._bxgy_hi_img_y
    Last edited by kidwoo; 04-24-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

+1 for safety glasses. Anything ansi z87 rated is going to have enough eye coverage to prevent shit from flying into your eyes by design so should prevent the watery eyes as a result.

Fun fact, the $50 "pit vipers" are repurposed $6 uvex ansi z87 glasses.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

cheap moto goggles for DH or sustained climbs and descents. I wear tifosi sunglasses for up and down stuff. tifosi often on sale, not too spendy, and interchangeable lenses. Get lenses large enough for good coverage and frames thin enough for no fog. home depot safety glasses for night riding. tear offs for the goggles are nice to keep the scratch fairy away if you abuse the goggles, although I just let them get all f'ed up. nothing beats goggles for mobbing downhill though.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I literally will not ride without these.

Literally.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I literally will not ride without these.

Literally.
    If I can find a way to hack into those to randomly flash images of me naked on the screen everytime I see someone wearing those...............

whoohoo! the chaos!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

6 posts and no enduro goggle on a 1/2 shell jokes?

I actually want to try a pair of the new Ryders anti-fog glasses. I sweat lots and fog up all other glasses.

These are what will be cool next year-

http://www.cenmedonline.com/critical...FQJufgodKCEARA

Yep she is a ripper
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I actually want to try a pair of the new Ryders anti-fog glasses. I sweat lots and fog up all other glasses.
    Anyone tried those golf sunglasses with the vent holes across the top? Oakley used to make some, I assume other companies did too.

Antoine "Big Dog" Carr used to wear them for the Utah Jazz...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I like my Smith interchangeable Spoilers, but they have been discontinued. Can't say anything for the new interchangeable pivlock sunglasses.

If you can find the Spoiler shades, backcountry.com is getting rid of the replacement lens for cheap. I just hoarded every style lens I could since they were all at 40-60% off. I really dig the interchangeable sunglasses, much like I enjoy my Smith I/O goggles as well.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    That right there ^^^^^^^^^^ is a truckload of "YES MOAR PLEASE" Do the stickers on the fork read "Huffy"?
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by dblatto View Post
    That right there ^^^^^^^^^^ is a truckload of "YES MOAR PLEASE" Do the stickers on the fork read "Huffy"?
    Huffy used to actually make some nice bikes. Kinda like Schwinn and Cannondale.

I think that one is probably a re-branded Serotta though.

Those Eyeshades are back from Oakley,
    And that is a re-badged Serotta, you are correct. Huffy Sponsored protour teams in the 80s and early 90's and most if not all pro's on them were on custom frames with huffy logos.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    6 posts and no enduro goggle on a 1/2 shell jokes?

Brian, they still fog up but definitely much less than what few glasses I have used that are not antifog. I sweat a lot.

i have to add, I have yet to use a pair of glasses so ineffective against the wind as these. I have the pair of the larger framed ones with the foam gaskets (Face GX I think is the model) and can honestly say I get more wind in my eyes wearing them than wearing no glasses. It must just be the shape of my head, I don't know.

i got the ones with the foam gaskets in an effort to keep sweat from splashing on the lenses which is the reason I never wear glasses on the downs now anyway. The foam was really only important to me across the brow, but i think you'd have to have a huge flat face for all the foam to make contact. On mine there are gaps between the gasket and my face on the sides.

I still need to spend more time with them, but knowing how much they do not work right now I hardly get them out of my pack if I'm having a good ride.

I have been trying some visors out over my regular glasses. Rudy and Julbo worked well for me this past ski season for touring. The Sniper is nice and has a flip up function although most have a strap, ala googles, that could be problematic under a helmet.

My personal fav are the Cocoons, made to fit over most glasses and come in a variety of sizes and lens treatments.

Last edited by scottyb; 04-29-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    watch out for snakes

I wear nothing and cary little bottle of saline for when I get shit in my eye. That's been working and I lose/break the saline bottle much less often than i did the glasses.

I ended up picking up some Oakley Fast Jacket XL's. They have pretty good coverage and are definitely better than my Ray Bans but still not as same as wearing goggles. I think I'll still pack my goggles for one up, one down rides like corral or toads.