Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PNW Volcanoes Spring/Summer 2015

I'll be spending quite a bit of time around Hood River and Govy this June - July. Looking at putting together a couple Climb and Ski parties this spring in the PNW, especially on Mt Hood and Mt Adams. Not sure who even reads this forum but figured I'd start a thread and add dates as they get closer.

First trip down will likely be middle of May, probably just hit Timberline and do a little recon.

Looking for sure at Adams the first couple days of June...

Anyone interested in a couple mini-summits?

Digideath? Foreskin? Bueller...

Keep me posted. I'm up for showing off my uphill jongness. Hoping to get a few trips in. Hoping for at least one full weekend on Adams. One day trips not out of the question either.

Me too. But I won't be free til June

Subscribed. Definitely trying to get a couple volcano summits this spring. Hopefully I'll get to the SW chutes on adams before the hike up to the snow is too long. Really like the idea of a Hood climb and ski

If you're still taking applications, I'm down for Adams and/or Hood.

Access almost like June already. Bring yo hikin shoes

I have been wanting to explore N side of hood, guess this might be a good year.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

I'm still nursing a tib/fib right now but should be back on skis in June. I'm new to the area so I couldn't do much showing around but I'd be stoaked to tag along and meet some PNW mags and maybe even get a few turns in.

I'm always down. Based on conditions last weekend, another week or two with some strong sun and cold nights should make everything just primo.

Quote Originally Posted by the_flying_v View Post
    I'm always down. Based on conditions last weekend, another week or two with some strong sun and cold nights should make everything just primo.
    I'll be ready the weekend after Mother's Day. Not sure when I'm going to take the long weekend though. New to the whole camping on the mountain thing

Anybody thinking about skiing Glacier Peak via Suiattle/Gerdine/Cool Glacier on Memorial Day weekend? (Don't even think about it if you're new to the camping on the mountain thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Anybody thinking about skiing Glacier Peak via Suiattle/Gerdine/Cool Glacier on Memorial Day weekend? (Don't even think about it if you're new to the camping on the mountain thing.)
    Way to be subtle with the put down. Everyone starts from the bottom.

This is TGR. Thicken thy skin. It's just backpacking, fer chrissake

You're probably not pretty enough to be my babysitter anyway

Anybody up for skiing middle sister, the steep east facing face ?

How long would it be to do it in one day, I assume from pole creek?

Apparently some people do read this forum! Stoked to meet a few of you mags and slide around a bit in the next month or two. Currently looks like I'll be heading towards Hood River the night of the 25th or early on the 26th of May... Hoping for a day at Timberline on the lifts as well as a quick summit attempt of Hood or Adams (depending on conditions) before heading back home to Spokane late on the 28th or 29th. I'll be back down in the Hood area on the 1st of June and be there through the end of the week before heading to the greatest mountain biking event ever in Leavenworth on the 6th... Bavarian Bike and Brew is not to be missed. From there I'll be doing a quick loop through Seattle and then be stationed in the Hood area for the next few weeks for as many adventures as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    that would be rad, but unfortunately too many co-workers are taking off that weekend for sasquatch so i'll be stuck working.

if anyone is interested in skiing volcanoes or hwy 20 during the week, its usually easier for me to get weekdays off than weekends and i'll be trying to ski this spring as much as possible.... hit me up

Saturday might be alright. Anyone want to go for a walk? Goat rocks?

I'm going for the SW chutes Sat AM, leaving Spokane tomorrow. Anyone interested?
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

I'm headed up there. Probably be at the TH around 5ish tomorrow and might climb to Lunch Counterish and do a sunset ski down the crescent or from pikers then Chutes Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke of Hurl View Post
    I'm going for the SW chutes Sat AM, leaving Spokane tomorrow. Anyone interested?
    Sent you a pm

Saturday was a damn fine day to play on Mt. Adams.

Headed up Friday afternoon to the South Climb TH with The Duke of Hurl. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1431391873844.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	167066

After some shuteye, we climbed to the lunch counter and picked up The Flying V for the rest of the trip to Piker's. We were treated to a couple hours of perfect weather up top while waiting for the SW chutes to corn up. Met Jimmi_Lee and Uncle Benski up there as well. Solid mags. I'd be more than happy to ski with you guys again. At 2p.m. we all skied the chutes on perfect corn the whole way down. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1431392418977.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	167071Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1431392251871.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	167069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1431392267485.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	167070

After a bunch of bushwhacking that we could've avoided had we not missed the round the mt trail, we arrived at the car to end a fine day.

Looking forward to more days with new friends.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1431392500292.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	167072 Blue line is the South Climb route and the Red line is the SW chutes.

Lookin' good

A perfect Mt Adams day...

You slayed it, NW_Skier. All types of fun were had...
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

I was just trying to keep up