The craziest of rescues

Is there a more self-inflicted and common way to injure yourself than rappelling besides drinking and driving?

Still, #coolstorybro:

http://www.rockandice.com/lates-news...est-of-rescues
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Holy shit. That's an insane story.

Written up in ANAM I wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

But what happened next?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

A lot of luck there. He's lucky he didn't just pull the guy off the end of the rope and send him down to his death. And lucky they were able to find a way off. Which btw makes it kind of a crappy article since it doesn't say how they got off of a5.10 route.

A ways down in the comments someone says that they both soloed up a ways to a better spot, then someone climbed up to them with gear and they rapped down from there. How the hell do people not knot the end of their ropes when it isn't 110% obvious that the rope is on the ground?

Rapping at the Gunks is a gym climber jong move. Everything is a pleasant walk off . Unless of course you left your giant pack at the base and are afraid of theft.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Rapping at the Gunks is a gym climber jong move. Everything is a pleasant walk off . Unless of course you left your giant pack at the base and are afraid of theft.
    I've only been climbing for a few years but it seems the culture has shifted completely away from the walk off.

Yesterday while doing Minty I asked a guide where I should walk off (since the only one I ever do is at the uber fall) and he told me it would be crazy not to rappel. Checking out some of the 4th class routes would be fun. I'll put them on the list and plan accordingly some day. Until then it'll be knots in both ends and appreciating the multitude of rap stations that seem to be sprouting like magic.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Fuck rappelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

If people actually knotted the end of their ropes and rapped with a backup, it seems like the majority of rapping accidents could be prevented. Judging by the sneers I get from cool rock climbing hipsters it's lame as shit to rap with a prussik, but I want to live. Fuck, I hate rock climbing culture sometimes.