ITunes blows - lost photos. Any ideas?

God I hate iTunes. Just got back from vacation and went to download the photos off of my phone. I'll admit I wasn't paying attention and instead of backing up the phone, iTunes restored it back to January, deleting the last 4 months of pics, contacts, etc. any idea how go get it back? Pics especially - everything else I can figure out. Did a Google search - lots of programs that say they can do it but nothing that works.

What's been equal parts frustrating and funny is the messages on the Apple website. I'm far from the first this has happened to. The Apple hipsters just cop an attitude like it's our fault for not backing the phone up. Uh...that's what I was trying to do. As one poster put it, why is restoring the phone and losing everything even an option? Should be a last resort, not the default.

The chance of recovering anything is almost impossible since the data has already been written over. You could give drive savers a call and see what they say http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/. I use them at work occasionally but their not cheap.