Thread: Superfeet Custom Carbon

Superfeet Custom Carbon

There is not one review on the entire internet at the time of this post...

Has anyone here tried them?

If so, what part of footbed is moldable, what part is not moldable (flat), and is there a non-moldable rigid piece from heel to mid-arch as picture suggests (I hope not as that takes away from the point of custom molding)???

Aren't you in CA? This guy in Santa Monica makes an awesome carbon footbed: http://www.kevinorthotics.com/carbon-sport.html I own a pair of those linked.

He's a skier too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Aren't you in CA? This guy in Santa Monica makes an awesome carbon footbed: http://www.kevinorthotics.com/carbon-sport.html I own a pair of those linked.

He's a skier too.
    ^^^ fancy.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Funny enough, I don't use them for skiing. But for running/hiking. $150, per the receipt in my email from years ago. I also recall getting a discount because he's a friend of a friend. Looking back at the emails, he worked out of Doc's Ski Haus in Santa Monica. Not sure if he's still there because that was 4.5 years ago.

Note: That's actually $21 cheaper than Superfeet Kork Vacs at the overpriced place I went to in North Tahoe a few months back, though they baked my Intuitions as well. Probably not going back there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I tried the carbon's in the store but I found them to be too narrow for my heel. I went with the blue's but they are both rigid from heel to arch. Didn't realize they are custom moldable (?)
    "It's like we're watching a movie... and then suddenly we're acting in it."

Quote Originally Posted by balefulstare View Post
    I tried the carbon's in the store but I found them to be too narrow for my heel. I went with the blue's but they are both rigid from heel to arch. Didn't realize they are custom moldable (?)
    Yes, there are regular Carbons as well as Custom carbons.

There are also custom blacks and custom greens.

I know from experience the cork Vacs lack forefoot contouring (sorry, the ball of foot heat-and-smash method doesn't cut it nor result in metatarsal support.

Carbon is too rigid.

For skiing, you need an orthotic that flexes, so you can initiate the turn from your feet.

This has been happening on the works cup for many years.