Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Questions for Laird..

Sitting down with one of the most legendary waterman of our generation tomorrow. Anything you have been dying to know? Its about the new film.. The Hollywood one

What's up with all of the SUP surfing we've seen from him lately? Just a fun way to mix things up?

Why is he such a dick about Maya?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

wow that was fun. Laird is the man! First part of my Point Break coverage goes live on Monday. Get read folks this will be one of the radest takes on action sports Hollywood has ever seen.. Heavy hitters, no stuntman all athletes doing the "stunts" throw in some major motion picture action scenes (bank robbery perhaps...) I can't go into to much detail, but it will be very authentic and well done.

I was cheering like it was a Warren Miller premiere for the 80's

P.S. Laird DOES still paddle into wave, ha

I look fwd to checking that article out- He's the man! We always try to do laird workouts when we're near the beach- dragging beach logs around etc. He climbed Rainier back when I worked for RMI and as soon as we got off the snow field he changed into flip flops - which was still a solid couple miles back to paradise with a 50+ lb pack- ha!

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    I look fwd to checking that article out- He's the man! We always try to do laird workouts when we're near the beach- dragging beach logs around etc. He climbed Rainier back when I worked for RMI and as soon as we got off the snow field he changed into flip flops - which was still a solid couple miles back to paradise with a 50+ lb pack- ha!
    Give little Ada a hug for me. She still rockin' the sweet mullet?

Why is he such a selfish prick in the water? When his ego swells, does it hurt much? Will he ever get over himself, or does he need out help by ignoring him?

Oh, boy, a Hollywood movie featuring real surfers. Holy shit. Totally can't wait for that. And some people spend their time and efforts feeding the hungry. What a waste.

It is times like these that I really miss hughy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Why is he such a selfish prick in the water? When his ego swells, does it hurt much? Will he ever get over himself, or does he need out help by ignoring him?

Oh, boy, a Hollywood movie featuring real surfers. Holy shit. Totally can't wait for that. And some people spend their time and efforts feeding the hungry. What a waste.

It is times like these that I really miss hughy.
    His ego was not apparent in Vegas, For someone with almost 6k post on an actions sports forum, I would think you would be stoked on this. Or do you just hate on Laird for being a better surfer and stronger then you will ever be? Jealousy is a hell of a drug

Naw. Plenty of surfers are better than me. And more radical. Or whatever. I just am tired of media whores. I don't really get the hero worship thing either, so that does not work into the equation.

Is that why you post here? Cause you think that people who like to talk about surfing give a shit about what Laird might say is some media coverage?

Dude, this is LAIRD HAMILTON, not Lance Burkhart!

Ask him why so much hate on Chandler's boards. Single fin mentality, old man's board. Very hateful things to say.

oh, okay. so now i get it.

does laird find it hypocritical that he hates on professional surfers while living a lifestyle paid by professional endorsements? does he really consider himself a soul surfer when getting money from companies like nike that make their shoes with slave labor? is he really as rad as he thinks he is?

And why have you not answered a single one of the questions we asked? Are you just a media tool that does shit interviews and never asks the hard hitting questions? Do you have anything else you'd like to promote here? Maybe your next 'project'?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Ask him why so much hate on Chandler's boards. Single fin mentality, old man's board. Very hateful things to say.
    What a great movie. Turtle, Rick, Occhi, Kiani and the whole crew.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    His ego was not apparent in Vegas,
    A rudimentary Google search would give you more than enough to know that this guy is a raging dillhole. Is he good? Fuck yeah. Was Jeff Clark a visionary? Fuck yeah. Doesn't make him a nice guy or a good person. Back off, Idol Worship.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Media could not see any ego with a dick in his mouth

Ott is being a little harsh, but yeah, Laird is widely known for being an amazing asshole, and a hater. The asshole part is one thing, the part where he kind of drags down the entire sport with his BS is another. Maybe his mother never told him if you don't have something nice to say.....

One thing I appreciate about skiing is there's so much less of that crap in general and more genuine stoke for others.

Didnt he downplay that 100' wave that dude rode in Portugal a couple years ago because it was a "mushburger".

I dont surf, but downplaying riding that choppy ass wave seemed lame.

You know how some people just look like they're conceited assholes. That's laird. Gotta admit he's got skills, but u get the feeling he thinks everyone is below him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Questions for Laird..

Yes...how long was it until media310 was begging to polish your knob?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I would give my left nut to go on the rides that Greg Noll, Laird, and Jeff Clark have been on. I sure as hell wouldn't be posting here or answering a whole lotta questions because this shit would be elementary in scope. Watch or re-watch Laird's wave at Teahupo'o. Have you been or would you put yourself into that position in your life? I believe he has earned the right to be a dick or whatever you want to call him. Hey Laird, ski or snowboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Why is he such a selfish prick in the water?
    I am a selfish prick on powder days, and I love it!
    Last edited by permnation; 04-28-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: clarity

Big Perm with the win..

Funny as out of all the kooks on here you may be the only person I know in "so called real life" from these boards. Happy to keep it that way to.. Oh and Fritz but I don't think he post here anymore.

Give a ring Nate, lets catch up. Help me figure out the next steps big bird..

Funny as out of all the kooks on here you may be the only person I know in "so called real life" from these boards. Happy to keep it that way to..
    So why post here then?? Can't you go advertise your lame shit else where?

Seriously....what a jerkoff. maggots go out of their way to ski, drink, share, party together; I've meet good, generous and hilarious Maggots IRL that give so much, and you basically spit in the face of what we are as a community. Fuuuuuuuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Give little Ada a hug for me. She still rockin' the sweet mullet?
    hadn't seen this til now- will do. haha her hair is epic
    Hope you are well!