Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    One day I'm going to meet this "baby bear" she sounds hawt! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

only if you like small white bears
    but damn guess I didn't realize laird was such a dink as I read thru this and look on google. seemed perfectly nice yrs ago in the mountains, but then again he was out of his element and that can bring people a little more down to earth.
    I don't think it's always idol/ hero worship either- just respect for those that are really good at their sport, or their branch of sport. But since I'm not a surfer so hadn't heard about his attitude til now.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Seriously....what a jerkoff. maggots go out of their way to ski, drink, share, party together; I've meet good, generous and hilarious Maggots IRL that give so much, and you basically spit in the face of what we are as a community. Fuuuuuuuck off.
    Lets see you call yourself maggots, hmm. Yeah ok strike 1. I don't ski, strike 2, I don't drink strike 3. Considering since day 1 people have laid into me for posting here and have been very hateful, I don't go out of my way to meet people from the interweb. And laugh if someone comes up and says are you media310, no dude my name is Mike..

Shit killingcokes (don't believe he post here anymore) apologized to me for being such a dick over the years at Baker a few years back while we were on a chairlift together That was classy and not expected.

Back to Laird, They guy has been the face of big wave surfing of our generation. He was Burket for godsake. Now he is a father, things change..

hey fwiw Not everyone here is into the negative posting. I have tried to contribute positively to your threads but you kinda come off like you are calling everyone here assholes, which doesn't help your complaining that everyone here hates you.
    I definitely got my share of shit on here when I first started posting but have gone on to meet a TON of good people irl from this board.

Maggots don't care if you ski or drink. The only strikes you make here it the constant self promotion. This isn't FB. It is a community. Mostly of internet assholes, but solid folks IRL. Your presence here has been 90% "look at me, check out what I am working on, click this link" and that is why you get shit. Slow down the promotion, and you might get a friendlier response. Chairlift apologies are kind of the norm it seems. Anyway, sorry for being so harsh, but I kind of feel all the media is part of the problem, so I am biased against you anyway.

As for Laird, and people change, sure, but not everyone starts off so raging, and good for him if he is now able to see beyond himself. Maybe he was the face of big wave surfing. He certainly pushed the limits, and rips it up. Not really the guy I think of when I think of big wave surfing though, so he has not been the face for me. Perhaps that is because his persona always rubbed me wrong. Not sure. But plenty more guys come to mind first when I think of big waves. How old are you though? Maybe you are just a kid and we are from different generations. In that case, get the fuck off of my lawn.

I'm just pissed you did not ask him any of my well thought out questions. So, how ya gonna fix that?

Just shut the fuck up ootime..... Get s job ... Do something other than complaining .... Barneyyyyyyyy

Done cooking for a bit then are we? How is your lawyer friend doing?

Seems like I hit a nerve with you. So. Your into bronzed men as well as little boys. Should have figured as much.

You can go back to your lab now son.

I feel sorry for your son.... His dad is a pussy....jajaja go laird go.

So, your not just a pedeophile, your a mysogonistic too. Sound like a real piece of work. Still got that girlfriend on retainer?

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    Now he is a father, things change..
    What the fuck are you talking about? He's been a father for 20 years.

You know, with his first wife. The one that he dumped within a week of meeting his new wife. Same year his first kid was born. Not sure if she was born yet or if he left his wife while still pregnant. Either way, fuck him.

Don't know if you asked him about that since I didn't click.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    Lets see you call yourself maggots, hmm. Yeah ok strike 1. I don't ski, strike 2, I don't drink strike 3. Considering since day 1 people have laid into me for posting here and have been very hateful, I don't go out of my way to meet people from the interweb. And laugh if someone comes up and says are you media310, no dude my name is Mike..

Shit killingcokes (don't believe he post here anymore) apologized to me for being such a dick over the years at Baker a few years back while we were on a chairlift together That was classy and not expected.

Back to Laird, They guy has been the face of big wave surfing of our generation. He was Burket for godsake. Now he is a father, things change..
    Somewhere in here is the answer to why you don't quite get it.

I personally can deal with all of it, except the drinking. That is just fucked up.

I have barely skied with many of these kooks. I take 'em fishing. Randoms too, guys with like 50 posts. I don't give a shit. I take 'em out and show them my hood. I think one of them , on one of those trips, might have caught a fish too. Win win. The payoff? It is fun. Plus, whenever I happen to be in Boise, or Jackson, or Key West, or SF, or Saint Fucking Louis, I have a local hookup that will do the same for me. Again, win win.

Like I said though, somewhere in here is the reason you don't get it.