Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Vail is apparently trying to nix the local preschool afternoon lessons. Great community service vail! Way to go!

Fucking tools
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Vail is apparently trying to nix the local preschool afternoon lessons. Great community service vail! Way to go!

Fucking tools
    They don't have the staff. The last thing management wants to do is turn away customers, but they don't have the staff for the multi week kids classes right now from what I can tell.

since my family insists upon going to park city for a week of skiing every yr even though I LIVE in a perfectly good ski town (which they rarely visit) I am happy that the canyons is now included in my PC ticket
    Probably everything else they are doing screws you all, which I am sorry about. But I am looking fwd to not having to ski the same 5 groomers for 5 days in 2 weeks

How're conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    since my family insists upon going to park city for a week of skiing every yr even though I LIVE in a perfectly good ski town (which they rarely visit) I am happy that the canyons is now included in my PC ticket
    Probably everything else they are doing screws you all, which I am sorry about. But I am looking fwd to not having to ski the same 5 groomers for 5 days in 2 weeks

How're conditions?
    Extremely boney. Pray for snow. No one would be griping if it were puking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Extremely boney. Pray for snow. No one would be griping if it were puking.
    Just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    I feel for you. It's one thing if you buy into their BS, it's another if they buy your hill.
    I lived in Vail on 85. They trucked all the food up from the corp food service kitchen in Avon.
    Same crap in every lodge on the hill.
    They can't possible be that stupid anymore, can they?
    Not sure where they get the food from now but the food at the peak nine lodge at Breck got much better after they kicked the private guys out. Not sure how price compares as I almost always pack but that shit used to be terrible. Most lodge food sucks but Vail actually does a decent job of providing quality eats. I'll give a shout out to A-Basin as well, the mid mountain lodge does a decent job with the outdoor smoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Just wait.
    It's been half a decade since the last good winter. Long time to wait.

Thanks yeah figured it's boney since we are too but wasn't sure how bad compared to the past couple yrs and since most of this thread is from last spring. Last trip was tough -nothing open, but to be expected for early dec.
    skid luxury

They are ahead of last year, but still need snow. Without a storm, it will be 5-6 runs off of 4 chairs st PCMR and 2-3 narrow runs with more character at the Canyons. It's been consistently cold while last year they had more warm days screwing with the snow making.

The Park rats have made up a bunch of F Vail stickers in flourecent colors and are sporting them on their helmets. Surprised there hasn't been a corporate response on the X Gamers.
    Last edited by Canada1; 12-01-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Congratulations Vail. Doubling prices and reducing quantity has me packing lunches for the first time in my adult life!
    Holy blow me. Family of 4 is $600 per day.

^^^ Just for lunch?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Holy blow me. Family of 4 is $600 per day.
    And nowhere near as cool a ride selection as Disney.
    I never much liked the terrain over in PC, Vail is just making it worse.

As for 5 years since a "good" winter. Well even a "low snow" winter in the Wasatch is better than a "big snow" year nearly anywhere else.

Likely a long time to wait, PC should lose its natural 'snowpack' within the next 20 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    The Park rats have made up a bunch of F Vail stickers in flourecent colors and are sporting them on their helmets. .
    Fight the power.

It's proof that god hates us.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Hey, believe it or not, I spent a lot of time in PC in the late 80s early 90s in one of the first mondo home developments that started stretching out to the highway. 4500 sq ft, and it was the smallest. Wife's friend's sister who had too much house. But, back then, you could score something like that for a little over 300, so the ex and I started planning, and even shopped. Was there for a week in the summer, once. Pretty sweet, nice golf. Nice ski town with a lot of after hours life, and even Sundance is fun if you score tickets. Close to SLC and the airport on a not too steep interstate, equidistant to Snowbasin and Alta, and Deer Valley does not suck on a powder day. The midweek DV pass was cheap back then.

Well, shit happens and you go on, and that ain't happening. But, to hear the place talked about like it has/had soul is probably why I can't live 24/7 in a place like that. I mean, the most boring place sometimes is a ski town if conditions suck. And you have a bunch of white kids thinking it's soulful.

And to say that cheap skiing is bad is just plain wrong.
    You should spend some time down here in the Four Corners region Benny. Nothing between here and Taos is like a posh ski town in Colorado. It's real gritty down here, even sketchy.

Why you guys payin' for this crap?

There are three resorts in Utah I will never pay money to ski at:

1. Park City
    2. The Canyons
    3. Snowbasin

I guess that's only two now. . .

What did Vail bring to PCMR in season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Qmcbrew View Post
    There are three resorts in Utah I will never pay money to ski at:

1. Park City
    2. The Canyons
    3. Snowbasin

I guess that's only two now. . .
    I get that you won't go to PC, (your bros might not think you're core!) but basin??
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I get that you won't go to PC, (your bros might not think you're core!) but basin??
    Basin has good terrain, but I grew up in the Layton/Ogden area and I know all about Mt. Ogden. It gets the worst winds in the area and the visibility usually sucks. When its good its good for about a day then it gets wrecked. The whole resort is essentially one aspect so when it sucks the whole mountain sucks. I've skied there a handful of season's and I'd go again, but I wouldn't pay.

I've skied half as much at powder mountain and had twice as many good days.

Basin has good terrain, but I grew up in the Layton/Ogden area and I know all about Mt. Ogden. It gets the worst winds in the area and the visibility usually sucks. When its good its good for about a day then it gets wrecked. The whole resort is essentially one aspect so when it sucks the whole mountain sucks. I've skied there a handful of season's and I'd go again, but I wouldn't pay.

I prefer snow basin to pow mow, myself.

I prefer snow basin to pow mow, myself.

I go to Snowbasin once a year just to drop a deuce in luxury.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i'm a freeskier
    i only skis 4 free
    aint been up north in a few seasons
    don't think i skied the satchback at all last season
    it's gots to be good for me to ski the back meh
    even 4 freeze
    1st season of no deer valley days
    is fail even allowing local shops off site tickets this season?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

All valid points.

Definitely get your money worth on those shitters tho
    get paid

Combining the ski patrols at Park City Mountain and Canyons has allowed Vail to force a vote on December 14th that will decide the fate of the Canyons Ski Patrol Union and the future of all patrollers at the newly integrated resort.

Though propaganda often states otherwise, labor unions are good for the surrounding community and the companies because they promote job security, create career employees who purchase homes and bolster the local economy, and promote competitive wages and benefits for both union and non-union workers. Ski patrol unions are especially beneficial because career patrollers provide long term knowledge of terrain and myriad avalanche conditions creating increased safety for all who ski and work on the mountain.

http://www.parkrecord.com/opinion/ci...i-patrol-union
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

What did Vail bring to PCMR in season 1

Every major patrol in the country should go Union. I don't know what the drawbacks would be.

the fact is Mtn management hates patrol, they loathe paying into a necessity that provides no ROI. Management would rather pay more to the line cooks in the lodge since they're selling $20 burgers, or ski instructors teaching for $700 full-day lessons. Unionizing affords them some bargaining power and a united voice. over the years they've been able to address many issues of benefits, pay and workplace safety

. I hope the pcmr patrollers come to their senses and vote to join the canyon Union making their position stronger and getting the compensation they rightfully deserve
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 12-07-2015 at 10:22 AM.
    get paid