Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itsnowjoke View Post
    Next year will be very telling. Hopefully Vail is firing on all cylinders. In the meantime, I still think the new low pass price was the overriding positive in the big picture.
    Regardless of what happens next year, your lips will be affixed to MTN's arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    Regardless of what happens next year, your lips will be affixed to MTN's arse.
    In case you're not paying attention, I actually just called MTN out on some basic, rookie ski area mgt. 101 stuff, dipshit.😳

In case you're not paying attention, I actually just called MTN out on some basic, rookie ski area mgt. 101 stuff, dipshit.😳
    But, but, skyrocketing home prices make Davey a very happy boy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    But, but, skyrocketing home prices make Davey a very happy boy!
    ...says the other dipshit who apparently likes high season pass prices because his employer pays for his.

Are house prices skyrocketing because of Vail? Sorry, I haven't been paying attention. Seriously.

Oh be honest, you were just trying to get some street cred. In your heart of hearts you're a MTN fart sniffer.

Oh be honest, you were just trying to get some street cred. In your heart of hearts you're a MTN fart sniffer.
    You seriously need to put the bong down. Some people can handle it, some can't. That shit is making you stupid.

Are house prices skyrocketing because of Vail? Sorry, I haven't been paying attention. Seriously.
    Yes. basically the day Vail announced the takeover, prices shot up, and my realtor friend have been answering phones, showing, and selling houses as never before.

And I don't want expensive passes, I just want them to be in line with the price point of other passes in Utah. That way everyone and their mother doesn't get one because "it's just too good of a deal to turn up"
    If snowbird and epics passes were the same rate, plenty would forgo skiing a shithole like pcmr/can, even if it does include 7 other shitty mtns throughout the west
    get paid

I think he's just hoping someone at Vail is reading this thread and they get that garbage at the bottom of eagle cleaned up.
    It's killing his home resale value
    get paid

^^^exactly. Duh.

Yes. basically the day Vail announced the takeover, prices shot up, and my realtor friend have been answering phones, showing, and selling houses as never before.

And I don't want expensive passes, I just want them to be in line with the price point of other passes in Utah. That way everyone and their mother doesn't get one because "it's just too good of a deal to turn up"
    If snowbird and epics passes were the same rate, plenty would forgo skiing a shithole like pcmr/can, even if it does include 7 other shitty mtns throughout the west
    I seriously doubt the value of my place is up much since I bought two years ago, but I am out in the basin. Where is your friend talking about? Old town? Condos at canyons?

Your value from even 2 years ago is definitely up in favored locations...I'd wager 30% in two years (bets off if your out in the powderhood) Things are booming in real estate now, even more then the peak boom in 2006, right before the recession. I remember kpcw saying some months had double digit growth as things were rebounding from the recession. In just a month! My real estate friends are probably mostly selling properties around canyons, including on mtn, like the Hilton. Rumor is colony homes went up something like 20% on the day Vail announced their deal.

Disclaimer : l'm not in real estate but do work with homeowners, rich-ass guest, as well as read and listen to park record/kpcw and get a good idea of the demand year after year. .....But this is tgr, so I'm generally talking out my ass.
    get paid

Your value from even 2 years ago is definitely up in favored locations...I'd wager 30% in two years (bets off if your out in the powderhood) Things are booming in real estate now, even more then the peak boom in 2006, right before the recession. I remember kpcw saying some months had double digit growth as things were rebounding from the recession. In just a month! My real estate friends are probably mostly selling properties around canyons, including on mtn, like the Hilton. Rumor is colony homes went up something like 20% on the day Vail announced their deal.

Disclaimer : l'm not in real estate but do work with homeowners, rich-ass guest, as well as read and listen to park record/kpcw and get a good idea of the demand year after year. .....But this is tgr, so I'm generally talking out my ass.
    I doubt we're up 30% out around Parley's Summit. I really wanted to speculate on a condo at base of pcmr or canyons last year, but I didn't have the coin on hand. I think RE values were a little suppressed based on silly hand-wringing over the lawsuit. That kind of increase sounds about right for there. Real estate does seem strong, but I see it as a function as several years of GDP growth, strong asset market performance, and low interest rates. Plus local factors. The same sort of growth in RE values has been going on in the right markets in Salt Lake, and that obviously has nothing to do with Vail.

I dunno: I see the local real estate values as mostly influenced by local and national economic fundamentals, with Vail's presence only playing a small role, even in most of the PC market. But I'm probably underestimating how big a factor the little condos and townhouses are for the marginal RE agent here. I bet they make up a huge share of sales volume, so if you're pimping dirt locally it probably made a difference.

We need to make a few turns together next season, by the way. Impregnating my only reliable touring partner was not a recipe for me to get a lot of good bc turns in this year ...

Hey, I'm just next door in timberline, I would love to get out with you guys sometime. As for impregnating your touring partner, it's eventually for the best!

Killing it with the 4-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Don't kid yourselves; there's in-bounds stuff at all three Park City ski areas that can be extreme as shit.

The red-brick clock tower at PC probably belongs in Alexandria, VA, so I hope Vail Resorts replaces that with some alpine Euro motif.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    Don't kid yourselves; there's in-bounds stuff at all three Park City ski areas that can be extreme as shit.

The red-brick clock tower at PC probably belongs in Alexandria, VA, so I hope Vail Resorts replaces that with some alpine Euro motif.
    EXTREME amounts of Texicans!
    EXTREME ski valet service!
    EXTREMEly expensive lunch!

Seriously, though ... I rode up on Double Down on my trail bike when it opened last summer and just about shat myself. I'm looking forward to continued improvements to the summer trail network.

I'd be awesome to ski with some local mags, kinda sad we havn't pulled off a extreme mini summit yet. Also, Since I'm currently funemployed from my seasonal work ill be mtn biking a ton for the next month and half if anyone wants to ride.
    get paid

Ticket checkers at the first time lift, after waiting in a line, demanded to see my two year olds pass. I had left it in his other jacket. But he's two, it's free anyways, and he was getting antsy in the line, and they made us step aside while they called it in and verified if he had a valid pass, by the time they were done, he was crying and it was all I could do to get him on the chair. He's fucking two.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Ticket checkers at the first time lift, after waiting in a line, demanded to see my two year olds pass. I had left it in his other jacket. But he's two, it's free anyways, and he was getting antsy in the line, and they made us step aside while they called it in and verified if he had a valid pass, by the time they were done, he was crying and it was all I could do to get him on the chair. He's fucking two.
    The jackass on crescent did the same thing to my son. This despite the other two checkers saying "there here almost every day man". I just wanted one lap on closing day. They don't seem to empower their staff to use common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    The jackass on crescent did the same thing to my son. This despite the other two checkers saying "there here almost every day man". I just wanted one lap on closing day. They don't seem to empower their staff to use common sense.
    Lifties have common sense?

I did when I was one, always smoked my weed off in the trees or in the top shack.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Lifties have common sense?
    If they did they wouldn't be lifties. Kind of a chicken-or-the-egg kind thing.....

Congratulations Vail. Doubling prices and reducing quantity has me packing lunches for the first time in my adult life!

^^^they did you a favor

Moran, we live in a ski town. What do you expect? People use to be cool. we all knew each other and skied together...struggled together to make our lifestyle work. Now its full of self-important dipshits like u; Here to check something off the bucket list, while never engaging the community or Making new friends.
    get over yourself. the I got here first bullshit is so lame

I feel for you. It's one thing if you buy into their BS, it's another if they buy your hill.
    I lived in Vail on 85. They trucked all the food up from the corp food service kitchen in Avon.
    Same crap in every lodge on the hill.
    They can't possible be that stupid anymore, can they?