Which anon lens is this?

I have two pairs of lenses for my M2 goggles and find that I need a third. At the moment I have the one called "Blue Cobalt" and it's perfect for what they claim. That is super bright days on glaciers etc. But it's too dark when it's partial cloudy/milky patches or you ski in shade. Then I have one called "Blue Lagoon" for stormdays. Very nice lens, but I find this way to bright if it isn't full on flat light/storm day/powder tree skiing.

I need something in between this, what do you recommend?
    Last edited by LiveLarger; 04-19-2015 at 03:20 AM.

I have the Red Solex and it's pretty versatile. Will use it on blue-bird and overcast days, but not storm days (then I use the blue lagoon). I've guessed wrong before and taken it out in extreme flat light and it was better than I would have expected.

Gold Chrome would be another good middle option. Or Silver Rose. http://www.anonoptics.com/lenses/mens/m2/10787100422 - pay attention to the VLT percentages.

Thanks for that!
    Red Solex sounds like something I could use then. I don't really understand what the VLT percentages translates to in real world usage. I do understand that VLT 50 filters out 50% of the light, but not what it will feel like on the mountain, unfortunately.

I have the M2s (initially shipped with Blue Cobalt and Yellow).
    As you say, Blue Cobalt (6%) is quite dark.
    Yellow is suitable if it's seriously greybird otherwise, ouch!
    I trashed the Blue Cobalt lens (to be fair it survived a full season; even lasting quite awhile after taking a shot to the face with pine needles).

So I picked up a Pink Cobalt (8%) to replace it; I prefer the Pink Cobalt to the Blue.
    I also bought a Pink SQ (35%), which Anon bill as an all around.
    The SQ is a fine lens for most light conditions.

Here is a handy dandy lens visualizer link: http://www.anonoptics.com/lens-tints

and if you want more lenses, try freezeproshop.com as they had the best prices even with shipping from across the pond.
    both the Pink Cobalt and SQ ran me ~$125 shipped.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

125 for a single lens? Might as well buy a new pair of goggles with that lens as part of the dual package...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

^^^ no, $125 for both lenses.
    still not super cheap, but the lenses normally run ~$90 each.
    and they also came with super slick hard cases.

the M2 is best goggle set-up that i've used.
    great field of vision.
    comfortable.
    the ease of lens changing with M2s (magnets, how do they work anyway?!?) is awesome.
    portability of lenses is great (2 lenses with hard cases takes up less space than an extra pair of goggles; so if one wants one lens in gogs, two in the jacket, all conditions covered).

but really, changing lenses in seconds takes the cake.

Oh nice. So is the hard case a slim profile just a little bit wider than the lens itself basically? So you can tuck it in a pocket up against your body without being bulky? I never carry extra lenses but in that case I might.

Any if you guys need the black M2 lense let me know. I have one in nice shape i found. Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Oh nice. So is the hard case a slim profile just a little bit wider than the lens itself basically? So you can tuck it in a pocket up against your body without being bulky? I never carry extra lenses but in that case I might.
    pretty much.
    the curve is nice as it sits comfortably in one's pocket.
    link: http://www.ss20.com/snowboarding-c2/...e-black-p25101

i used to always try to carry a backup set of goggles (and that has gotten me a bacon run or two), but the m2 lens w/ case is better.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Any if you guys need the black M2 lense let me know. I have one in nice shape i found. Colorado
    i wouldn't mind another (i've got three lenses, two cases).
    i'll shoot you a pm (unless OP wants it).

Thanks, I'm all over that. The M2's are definitely the best goggles I've ever tried. Surprised they aren't more popular.

Extra lenses are pretty much sold out all over... so had to buy directly from Anon. Decided to give their Pink SQ lens a try - which they describe as: "Proprietary new universal pink lens tint designed to reduce eye fatigue while enhancing contrast and depth perception in overcast – flat light conditions."

It certainly sounds promising. I'll report back once I've tried it in proper flat light conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Extra lenses are pretty much sold out all over... so had to buy directly from Anon. Decided to give their Pink SQ lens a try - which they describe as: "Proprietary new universal pink lens tint designed to reduce eye fatigue while enhancing contrast and depth perception in overcast – flat light conditions."

It certainly sounds promising. I'll report back once I've tried it in proper flat light conditions.

I think you are onto something here. I bet they aren't more popular, because I can't friggin find any! I couldn't find a store over at the anon page either. Did you just hit em up on email?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    I think you are onto something here. I bet they aren't more popular, because I can't friggin find any! I couldn't find a store over at the anon page either. Did you just hit em up on email?
    On the site, find the lens color you want, then on the middle right there's an add to cart button - when you hit that it prompts you for the specific goggle type.

Just checked the Freeze shop. They have the M1 Blue Lagoons for $39 plus $7 shipping right now. Best price I've seen.

I purchased the Yellow Grey Gradient Lens by the suggestion in Blister Gear Review. I just received it today and hope to try it out before the end of the season here. This lens offers variable VLT so if it is partly cloudy and the sun comes out, the grey on top will reduce some of the direct sunlight, and the yellow will work when in the shade, temporary cloud cover or in the trees.