Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Play big, Pay big.

I had the chance about 15 years ago to buy the GE Mini-Gun used in Predator (and a bunch of other movies) for $105,000. Or the Maramont M-60 used by Stallone in Rambo for $25,000. At the time, couldn't make myself pull the trigger on either. Last time the Mini-Gun traded hands a year or so ago it was at a mere $345,000. There are only about a dozen transferrable of these. All fun until you think about running it at 4,000 rounds per minute, meaning a 2,000 belt box lasts about 30 seconds and at $.50/round costs a mere $1,000. Only Digital Death can blow grand in less than 30 seconds on a Vegas hooker.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

The neck on those Anzio 20-50 cases looks a little sketchy. And what's the accuracy going to be like with such a hot charge behind a puny .50 round?
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Play big, Pay big.

I had the chance about 15 years ago to buy the GE Mini-Gun used in Predator (and a bunch of other movies) for $105,000. Or the Maramont M-60 used by Stallone in Rambo for $25,000. At the time, couldn't make myself pull the trigger on either. Last time the Mini-Gun traded hands a year or so ago it was at a mere $345,000. There are only about a dozen transferrable of these. All fun until you think about running it at 4,000 rounds per minute, meaning a 2,000 belt box lasts about 30 seconds and at $.50/round costs a mere $1,000. Only Digital Death can blow grand in less than 30 seconds on a Vegas hooker.
    Those are actual real functioning weapons? I figured they used a lot of blank firing replicas in movies or the streets of LA would be flooded with stolen movie props.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Those are actual real functioning weapons? I figured they used a lot of blank firing replicas in movies or the streets of LA would be flooded with stolen movie props.
    A company called Stembridge owned most of the Hollywood props. They were nearly all transferable machineguns. When the value skyrocketed around 1999, they were put up for sale by the hundreds. Most were blanked by threading the inside of the barrel for a blank firing adapter. Remove the adapter and it was good to go. Unfortunately for many of the classics such as 1921 Colt Thompson's it really ruined the value, especially considering that original Colt barrels were bringing $5,000 at the time (even more now). Many of the other guns had interchangeable barrels, and was not as big a deal, i.e. the M-60. On an M-16, simply change the upper. And, believe it or not, before Obongo became president, you could still import replacement barrels for many of the older MG's (he banned that with an executive order).

The Mini-Gun runs off a motor drive, and does not require inertia from the explosion to function the mechanism. Load up blanks in the belt and switch on. That's the reason that the military likes the motor drive guns as you don't have to manually clear misfires, they just cycle out through the delinker.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Sooooo, the short answer is no?
    I kinda figured they were of a design where they physically couldn't load a live round.
    It seems like the arsenals they seem to have for some movies would be worth a lot on the street and that's not a good incentive to have around.
    No longer stuck.

No longer stuck.

As you have found, very controlled environment for live firearms. Some are props, others live in various ways. There are a bunch of blank firing guns that take a proprietary blank and thus are not classified as ATF controlled firearms. Some are semi's some are MG's.

I would go with a framing nail gun, and a 16 gauge finish nail gun. A pin nail gun if I can have 3.

assman only needs one.

Guns of August
    Guns of Navarone

Supersoaker x2

Right and left.
    I see hydraulic turtles.