Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Do not feed the trolls.
    Did you transfer the GNAR points earned in your post to your Gaper Rewards credit card yet?

ZipFit questions

These are tight

Reviving this thread ...

I'm about to pick up a pair of Lange XT 130 Freetours (LV) and I'll be getting a performance fit. I'm 9.5 on the Brannock and am getting 25.5's which results in a very tight, one finger between heel and shell.

On the off chance that I decide to play with Zipfits (like to leave my options open), is it a safe assumption that I can find a Zipfit liner that will fit with a close length/volume? On days where I plan on heading out of bounds, I'll use either the stock liners or a pair of Intuition Powerwraps, so the weight of the Zipfits isn't an issue.

I'm guessing that since racers use 'em and that you can remove material, that a close fitting shell will be a non- issue, but I'm curious about real-world feedback.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Basically, ZipFit will be low-volume enough for most fits. But you might have trouble with an extremely low volume shell fit. I couldn't get the Gara to work as well as the Lange plug liner with my ZBs. Keep in mind that's a 92 mm shell blown out to my 103 mm foot with <5 mm in length & a very tight fit in the heel and ankle. When I mean they didn't fit, I mean the boot fitter and I couldn't get any of the buckles to latch and the lower was gaping open like 1". There's just a good bit of volume in the instep and the ankle of the Gara. No, I didn't heat the shell, but I'm very happy with the Lange plug liner for less money (free with the boot) and less hassle.

My guess is a ZipFit would fit you just fine, but your shop should be able to order the Lange plug liner for a little less than a ZipFit if they think the Gara won't work.

Also: if you can get an intuition plug liner in there, a ZipFit will be no problem.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 11-06-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Thanks! This was a bit of a "I can't wait for the snow, so I might as well be OCD" sort of question, in the sense that I certainly won't up-size the shell to accommodate a perceived/potential "need".

It's good to verify that I have choices, which is never a bad thing ;-)

Cheers,
    Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-07-2016 at 12:55 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

It comes down to how your foot and the boot interact. There needs to be enough room for your ankle and the zip fit as well as your heel and the zip fit in the boot. Otherwise your toes are gonna hate this idea.

When it comes to heel hold, more material is not always the right answer.

does anyone know where to get ZipFits in Switzerland? Already tried at Julen Sport in Zermatt, but no luck...

Quote Originally Posted by nordsim View Post
    does anyone know where to get ZipFits in Switzerland? Already tried at Julen Sport in Zermatt, but no luck...
    Lockwoods in the UK do international mail order if you are happy to fit them yourself.

http://www.lockwoods.com/index.php?s...it&act=viewCat

Mountain Air (just behind Medran) in Verbier do them. If you go in to have them done ask for Anya, shes a bit of a local legend for boot fitting. My finances sister lives out there and instructs and Anya has sorted out her boots.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    Mountain Air (just behind Medran) in Verbier do them. If you go in to have them done ask for Anya, shes a bit of a local legend for boot fitting. My finances sister lives out there and instructs and Anya has sorted out her boots.
    Cool, thanks! I'll be in Verbier in a week, so I'm gonna have a look and hope they have something in size 28 in stock.

Cool, thanks! I'll be in Verbier in a week, so I'm gonna have a look and hope they have something in size 28 in stock.
    I would give them a call to check and book as Anya can be booked out in advance.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

I had mine fitted by the owner who did an excellent job. I think his name is Nick.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Another Question about Zipfit's, how cold are they after the 10 days to get them fit, are they still freezers, or better?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

mine are freezers

Considering they are pretty low volume at the toes zipfits allow good blood flow. I dont find them colder than regular liners.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Considering they are pretty low volume at the toes zipfits allow good blood flow. I dont find them colder than regular liners.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk