Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaperious Basterd View Post
    It's too bad that the OMFit is viscous (liquid) at room temperature. Bootfitter here says it sinks over the summer from gravity.

If the ceramic binding adhesive was a yield-stress fluid, it could suspend the cork and be elastic at room temp, suspend the cork, yet still flow, because the applied pressure of your foot in the boot would exceed the elastic modulus and reach the viscous modulus, making the material flow.

Or maybe it is a yield stress fluid, and the bootfitter who posited that the OMFit sinks over time is wrong.
    He's wrong. It doesn't sink over summer.

Maybe you should use them before making a list of pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    when you watch all 6 of the You tube series it makes sense, the heated boot bag looks cool.

How true is the claim that zipfits are cold which would really make the Heated boot bag $$$?
    i didn't watch the videos.
    nor do i have any time in zipfits.

however, once you have a heated boot bag, you will never go back.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreenie View Post
    He's wrong. It doesn't sink over summer.

Maybe you should use them before making a list of pros and cons.
    Stop talking like that. Gaperious Bastard is (1) trolling people, (2) fluffing his own ego, (3) wasting time, and/or (4) all of the foregoing. Just look at that engineering data offered a couple posts up -- GB needs to know what is the precise chemical composition of the slurry, or else he'll keep working (1) through (4). Hallelujah.

True Mags use Intuitions or nothing. ZipFit is for gate-passers, and really skilled skiers who grew up passing gates but gave it up for more fun, they hate being reminded of those dull days of training and being coached.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Gaperious Bastard is (1) trolling people, (2) fluffing his own ego, (3) wasting time, and/or (4) all of the foregoing.
    I know...
    I took the bait, couldn't help myself