Silverton Mt. Spring 2015

Anybody make it to Silverton for unguided last weekend? Are the conditions good enough to warrant a trip up there?
    Gravity Junkie

I enjoyed myself there on Friday. They had a good amount of terrain open for unguided (you can hike up the ridge as far as Billboard), and they were talking of opening up some of the farther-our stuff (boot packs into some rowdy terrain in the back). Biggest issue that day was that it barely got warm enough so a lot of stuff didn't soften up, though I assume that it was plenty warm on saturday or at least sunday. But the second biggest issue was cover. Yeah, overall the region is looking more like June than April. Some choke points on the lower parts on many runs are real tight, maybe rocky, maybe not exactly even ski-able. So that'll presumably get worse between now and next weekend. Might be a problem in terms of keeping terrain open, and/or it might or might not be a level of hassle that you'd consider a deal-breaker on making the trek. But if a couple chokes melt out and shut down a couple more areas, and everything else is soft, I think it could still be seen worthwhile so long as your expectations are reasonable and you have plenty of cold beer in the cooler. Could always mix it up with a tour somewhere around there...

Thanks for the excellent report. That is exactly what I wanted to know.
    Gravity Junkie

I've been accused of being a Silverton fan boy and the place rips in good spring conditions. I'm sure closing weekend is a good party. That said, the forecast is looking pretty questionable. Where are you coming from? Like riding bikes? Last minute decision?

Looks like everyone stayed safe: https://instagram.com/p/1UFu_FqcJ5/
    Reported by some locals as the best corn cycle in years.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I was there. It was fun. It did soften First time there. I will be back.