Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Boom! NATE DESCHENES tells it like it is.

Oh, just some Protect Our Winters propaganda. Got it.

Global Warmz will continue if you don't care enough to give your money to POW!

Be the change you want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

How do I be you not posting?
    In with the 9.

It blows my mind that group of skiers can include so many climate change deniers. Do you fuckers not see what is happening in Tahoe, Mammoth, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Alaska, and so on and so on.... Do you not think, hmmm, maybe there is something to this whole thing? Or are you just blind and dumb?

Just get the fuck out of the way and let the smart people do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    It blows my mind that group of skiers can include so many climate change deniers. Do you fuckers not see what is happening in Tahoe, Mammoth, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Alaska, and so on and so on.... Do you not think, hmmm, maybe there is something to this whole thing? Or are you just blind and dumb?

Just get the fuck out of the way and let the smart people do something about it.

Pearls Before Swine!

You should drive a Tesla, drink from a Kleen Kanteen, and only shower 2x a week. That would totally bring the POW back.

Pay no attention to the fact that none of the bullshit neo-hippy crap would make one whit of difference.

Mother fucker probably uses straws.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    And eats tons of almonds too.

To which side should I step, and how long will it take them to fix things?

It blows my mind that group of skiers can include so many climate change deniers.
    Yep. Considering we are seeing the changes first hand before anyone else, you would think more of us would be coming around on the subject.

*To the people who say 'its just a cycle' you have taken that out of context. Do a bit more research to find out how fast we are pushing it out of this natural cycle.

Witherspoon, is that you?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    KONY 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Witherspoon, is that you?
    Man I miss that tool.

witherspoon=barista
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Pay no attention to the fact that none of the bullshit neo-hippy crap would make one whit of difference.
    Unfortunately, that is pretty much my belief. From what I have read and seen, I am certain we are already sliding down a slope with no way back, so ya, maybe we could mitigate some of the damage if there where big Global changes made yesterday, but that isn't going to happen. Sucks to be poor in a low lying country is all I know for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Unfortunately, that is pretty much my belief. Sucks to be poor in a low lying country is all I know for sure.
    Havent low lying countries appeared and disappeared since before Atlantis?
    picador

" it's just a cycle"

"geologic time".....

Btw I think its good to try and make a difference but not some bullshit prius driving, no straw using faux do-good difference

A little outside the box thinking is needed here. If all the save the world folks where put on hamster wheels, to chase their cause, would they generate enough electricity to save us all?

30 years ago it was completely obvious to anybody paying attention that we were heading towards climate catastrophe. My initial activism and optimism about our collective capacity to respond in a sensible way, gradually gave way to a realization that we are fundamentally greedy, stupid and lazy. 30 years ago this impending disaster could (technically) have been averted, but instead we've spent the intervening years with our heads up our asses in an orgy of over consumption of just about everything. It's now far too late to do anything, with most people addicted to consumption in an urban virtual reality nightmare, a totalitarian corporate oligarchy entrenched in power, and the rest of us just along for the ride into the unknowable. I've another 25 years or so in these knees, and I'm going to use them to ski the most of the last powder snow that humans may ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    30 years ago it was completely obvious to anybody paying attention that we were heading towards climate catastrophe. My initial activism and optimism about our collective capacity to respond in a sensible way, gradually gave way to a realization that we are fundamentally greedy, stupid and lazy. 30 years ago this impending disaster could (technically) have been averted, but instead we've spent the intervening years with our heads up our asses in an orgy of over consumption of just about everything. It's now far too late to do anything, with most people addicted to consumption in an urban virtual reality nightmare, a totalitarian corporate oligarchy entrenched in power, and the rest of us just along for the ride into the unknowable. I've another 25 years or so in these knees, and I'm going to use them to ski the most of the last powder snow that humans may ever see.
    Sad really, we've put 5% capital growth over all else, including our long term survival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

It blows my mind that group of skiers can include so many climate change deniers.
    What you're seeing here isn't denial, it's resigned acceptance of our fate. Until the people who really run the show start implementing major changes to the way things get done, we are on a course that can't be changed.

Think about the magnitude of change that's required *right now* to maybe have the possibility of making a significant difference. What's going to drive that change? I'm talking things like all petro-burning private transportation being phased out immediately, worldwide. Do you think that's going to happen? So, I can "get back to nature" all I want on a personal level and it's less than a drop in the Pacific ocean as far as the difference it will make. There are billions of people on this planet all scrambling for their piece of the pie, and *that* is the problem. When one of you smart folks comes up with a solution to fix the climate change problem that is actually feasible, let me know. I'm waiting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Global_Cooling_11.gif 
Views:	173 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	165943
    Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    30 years ago it was completely obvious to anybody paying attention that we were heading towards climate catastrope.
    picador

Quote Originally Posted by jon gaper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Global_Cooling_11.gif 
Views:	173 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	165943

Eggxactly!

Was the ice age scare then, now it's the warmz, which they have since been called out on and switched to CHANGE.

Butter is bad, now it's not. Eggs are bad, now they're not. Ad infinitum!

If a bunch of pretentious assholes trying to make a buck off of other pretentious assholes = smarter than me. Then i'll agree, beats the shit out of working for a living!

If you drive a car, use electricity, and buy consumer goods you can't be all high and mighty about people not understanding how "WE" are destroying the planet because your hands are just as dirty as the SUV driving Costco shopping soccer mom.

If you drive an electric car you are a fucktard if you think it helps the environment. mining the minerals to make the the battery not only rapes the land but burns a shit ton of fuel to rip those minerals from the earth, ship them, etc. Ride a fucking bike or shut the fuck up.

The only people with a right to talk shit are the off griders living off the land in harmony with nature. Most of them don't have computers or Internet.

One thing about people in general is they never change until they have to change. Until every other option is worse. Then they change. The planet will go on, and the race will go on for the foreseeable future. And things will change. No sense getting in an uproar about it, it doesn't do any good and it makes you unhappy. Personally i think we are right at that point of change, the tipping point to use the pop-culture term, with unmanageable population, climate and energy problems that simply must be solved.

Another thing is that technology is the driver. Infant technologies push us into trouble, better technologies pull us out and restart the cycle. Burning dinosaur juice doesn't make any more sense than burning whale oil. Sure it works but at a huge cost and it eventually runs out. If you believe Lockheed Martin we are literally right on the very cusp of the fusion era - like they have said they expect to release proof of concept this year and and that commercial implementation will be started in five years and be widespread in 10. Who knows, maybe they're not full of shit. If they're right it's a total game-changer until we figure out what fusion fucks up (and I would bet the house that it will fuck up something for sure) and we have to make another jump forward.

I know nothing about the source (eweek.com) but here's some good and pretty compelling info: http://www.eweek.com/news/lockheed-m...its-grasp.html It's big stuff man. I hope it's true.
    Last edited by iceman; 04-05-2015 at 01:53 PM.