Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    165 GPO might work well for her also, but probably 175 if she skis the 168 Nordica Nemesis (no rocker, full cambered ski).
    I found GPO to ski slightly longer

Either way GPO, especially at the narrower waist width in the shorter lengths is a fantastically versatile ski
    Effective edge length is longer than the base contact length and the GPO has a really slow rise rocker (compared with my Atomic Automatic 109's and my Carbon Megawatts), so "yes" (to skis longer) according to Keith. Scroll up to post #71 for a link I posted to the GPO thread on this topic.

Cheers,
    Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Do you know something; is Keith offering the Woos in 180?
    No, only planting seeds, hopefully...
    1) To get a shorter length, one would have to launch a user campaign and get a number of orders together to justify
    2) wootest with its 35 m radius seems to be a good one to go CCR, maybe like the OG protest... (since wootest is slimmed protest)
    Aggressive in my own mind

1) To get a shorter length, one would have to launch a user campaign and get a number of orders together to justify
    2) wootest with its 35 m radius seems to be a good one to go CCR, maybe like the OG protest... (since wootest is slimmed protest)
    I'd be all over a 182 pair of these!!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

What is this "CCR" thing ya'll speak of?

Continuous curve rocker. Is what the name implies- rocker profile that's a Continuous curve (no flat spot really)

or that 119 waisted 163 protest in a 182 with glass or ul option. dream ski

Muggy:
    Continuous curve rocker. Is what the name implies- rocker profile that's a Continuous curve (no flat spot really)
    I just preordered some Wootest & Protest. Didn't see the CCR thing as an option? I miss something in the process?
    Just checked the Praxis site, still don't see it.

It's only an option on specific skis. the only I know of is the GPO, not sure about the wootest. Protest I don't think so. On the GPO page you can see where it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    What does it actually means in practice when skiing?

duh, it means you are continuously curving

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ight=bodacious

and from the site

"The Powderboards offer a Continuous Curve Rocker (no flat or camber) that allows the ski to pivot with ease in soft and deep snow, smear turns, push the ski’s control point to underfoot and keep the skier more centered.

Skis such as the Protest that have been created to ski well in powder but also give you more contact and carving ability on harder or groomed snow have both Tip and Tail rocker (splay) and camber underfoot. AKA Recurve. This is the most common camber used throughout our lineup and makes for a very easy-to-turn ski whether you are skiing powder or carving back to the lifts on the groomer."

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Sploosh for a spooned tip on this exact ski. Add some beasts. Go skiing. Sploosh some more.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Spaaaaloooosh!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

bump. because ,well, possibilities . needs longer ptests or a few of us could possibly organize a 119 protest. possibilities r endless. endless I say. customs are what dreams are for. #dreamphat #dreamfap

fkn Canadian pesos

Does anyone need some referral points? The discount would be nice as well. I am going to order my wife a pair of 163 carbon protests.

Sent you a pm! almost there so I can order my new protests
    Last edited by Muggydude; 04-19-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Yep - I'm in! That would be my dream touring ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Yep - I'm in! That would be my dream touring ski.
    wicked. been discussing w S Chacken. he's keen. he's thinking spooned. me not sure. 182-186ish. haven't run it by Keith. I'm fairly busy but if it happens I'm in as well. still need to hand out another referral but I'd prob do it regardless. thought 3 mags I chatted w about possible skis they were interested in and gave them a referral were in on custom sale but hasn't happened. things come up I guess. may work out for the best if this 119 ptest happens. was waiting to end of sale before regular ptest purchase

If a 119 Protest happens in a 19x count me in for sure...!

Spooned 119 Protest....yes please. Not sure I could pull it off without another referral but it would be awesome.

Ask Keith to make 119 mm protests in 177 187 and 196 lengths please
    Aggressive in my own mind

Ask Keith to make 119 mm protests in 177 187 and 196 lengths please
    If this happens count me in for a 196 119 Rastaman Protest... I have always dug the Protest, but for me at its current dimensions it is just to big for what I would use it for - resort new snow... If I ever get to do a Selkirk or AK trip than the current Protest would be added to my quiver...

Holy shit do I hope this happens...!

I use the Protest for resort new snow all the time. As does my spouse. Not an everyday ski - but it eludes me why it'd be too wide or in any way not a killer ski for new resort snow. If you want narrower (like teens), consider the GPO? Maybe CCR?

I use my Protests in any 3-D snow, and they are never cumbersome or too torque-y (ok, so maybe a bit on the longest of traverses). Broken record alert: they are very versatile, and do not need deep powder!

A narrower 182 would be an unreal touring/booting/ridge scrambling ski though.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    I use my Protests in any 3-D snow, and they are never cumbersome or too torque-y (ok, so maybe a bit on the longest of traverses). Broken record alert: they are very versatile, and do not need deep powder!

A narrower 182 would be an unreal touring/booting/ridge scrambling ski though.
    I think we are on the same page re: the Protest and any soft (I'll even go 2.5D) snow.

Serious question from a now and again skinning hack... Given where the Woo2 sits, do you think something in between the Protest and the Woo2 would make a material change to the lineup?

I think it would. I also use my protests as much as I can. they've been my secret weapon this year for a few days. a few degrees warmer temps on average has everyone leaving the hill early when snow is fairly deep but super heavy. with the huge taper that gives them a bit of a reverse sidecut characteristic they can pivot when you can't lift/jump. that being said temps have also crawled to the top of the mt a lot, so that's left it icy underneath most new snow days so I've reached for the gpo's a lot when not heavy and deep snow. rode the upper mt most of the yr because of the warmth and even that lift , the upper half of that lift held the soft and it was carve to the bottom on the lower half. gpo was the ski. I find the gpo to be the perfect western one ski quiver. 119 protest would allow more on hill use(sidestepping, traversing,edging back to lift, lighter for slackcountry and doesn't carry as much snow, and bigger more relaxing sweet spot then gpo) and still retain enough waist width for high speed side slip at will. the high teens as a waist width are just the happy medium where most popular on hill fat skis have settled. wootest would be great and i'll prob eventually get a pair , I imagine. woo2 113 waist is a nice compromise for skintracks when they're sidehilling and/or super packed and the ptest design it incorporate is perfectly suited to touring and the variable conditions you may get. if 119 doesn't happen i'll still be getting a longer protest but I think I'd prefer a 119
    really like my gpo's more and more every day. they just want to charge and they will go fast but they're not as comfortable in the big high speed radius of a protest and the gpo still will pivot well in tight but not as ez as a protest but the other side of the coin is a protest is never going to come close to carving as well as a gpo. just different beasts. 119 protest would be awesome show up late to full on corn skiing as well. your keen and go early, bring the gpo and carve it up then rip some corn