Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorymaz View Post
    Mounted up my 192 GPO at -1cm from the dimple. Being they are a Stiff minus build and my ski style (and reading a fuck ton of posts) I wanted to be just a tad back.
    Good move on the cambered GPO.
    Life is not lift served.

thanks for those camparison pics NB. especially the pen at widest point. more and more I want some wootests. they definitely look like they'll work in any funky conditions

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    thanks for those camparison pics NB. especially the pen at widest point. more and more I want some wootests. they definitely look like they'll work in any funky conditions
    You are welcome.

ps, I am in your town next week... but sans-Wootests.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    IB, looking for something interesting, perhaps traditional, particularly in winter by my fireplace, in a market flooded with cans of generic flavorless lager does not make me a "fussy prick". Peasant.

You actually tipped me over the Praxis edge by throwing me a loyalty discount you didn't need a few years ago.

Regarding the above tips in profile comparo shot, I need to retake that as it makes little sense as it is since the skis are different lengths.
    Peasant, most certainly. But only in the classiest of ways :-)
    I'll bring you one of these next time: http://garageproject.co.nz/products/pernicious-weed Very dangerous when you buy a 2L flagon on a sunny day...

ありがとう。But by "interesting" I do not mean "so much hop that my tongue goes numb".

I have to say that 3 winter months in NZ drinking local brews and also pinot noir kind of made a return to Japan a bit sad.
    Last edited by neck beard; 11-25-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    Life is not lift served.

ありがとう。But by "interesting" I do not mean "so much hope that my tongue goes numb".

I have to say that 3 winter months in NZ drinking local brews and also pinot noir kind of made a return to Japan a bit sad.
    There's always the next S Hemi winter :-)

And どういたしまして

You are welcome.

ps, I am in your town next week... but sans-Wootests.
    Nice! Prob going for a walk Monday then work tues-fri then 4 days off. Pm me if your looking for partners with early season fitness .

Will do.
    Life is not lift served.

PSA: I have a pair of 187 UL Wootest 2.0's Stained Glass in great condition for sale if anyone's interested. Skied about 5 days - right now mounted with TLT Radicals on the line for 326mm BSL. Would hold onto the TLT's ($250 skis only?) or sell as package with skins (make offer).

EDIT: Woo2's are SOLD
    Last edited by sierraskier; 12-07-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Skied my 180 UL BC's for the first time today.

Freaking awesome ski. Took them out at the resort just to get them dialed in, and I'm honestly thinking I need another pair for my resort daily driver. I know the BC's have been reviewed and discussed to death, but I just want to add another voice to the chorus. Buy a pair. Super intuitive, can make quite a few different turn shapes, goes fast, lightweight, just awesome.

3D POWDER

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Has anybody been on the "3d powders" with the beveled edge?
    I took mine out for a few laps and they are quite fun and surprisingly fun in non-pow conditions. I'll get more time on them later this week Ullr willing.

None of the 'splits' on the old as on my old old Powder boards

Carve pretty well on groomers.

Shocking fun in bumps because the pivot so fast but also slide in a very controlled fashion; you just pivot through them.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

190 Praxis BC - 105 from tip

So I just mounted up my 190 Praxis BC Carbon with Kingpin 13's and think they look incredible. So excited to ski this. For reference for others and based on many a previous posts I read, discussed with Keith, I mounted them 105 from the tip. Pretty much everyone I spoke to said that the 105-106 from the tip was the money spot and my 105 mount was probably about 1.5cm back from the dimple still. Just by eyeing it up, it looks like the perfect mount, and I could not imagine being much further forward. I think the picture still appears a bit further back than they look for some reason but take it for what it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Praxis BC.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	994.2 KB 
ID:	172997  

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Yeah. Keith informed me that he and drew have been working on something weird and he didn't say much else. But it's roughly 120mm underfoot. Death the the chicken test. Born is the tab-test.

Def want to ski it.
    Its been a few... any more info?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post
    I took mine out for a few laps and they are quite fun and surprisingly fun in non-pow conditions. I'll get more time on them later this week Ullr willing.

Shocking fun in bumps because the pivot so fast but also slide in a very controlled fashion; you just pivot through them.
    Drool

Finally got my blemmy 9D8s and forgot to ask Keith about what the factory tune is or if they are hot boxed?

Anyone know?
    watch out for snakes

If they are like every other Praxis ski showing up lately, they're hotboxed, 1/1 bevels, and sharp as fuck.

Kewl, THX

I am digging the green topsheet which K said was a mistake. It will look good with the rest of my kit.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by gregorymaz View Post
    So I just mounted up my 190 Praxis BC Carbon with Kingpin 13's and think they look incredible. So excited to ski this. For reference for others and based on many a previous posts I read, discussed with Keith, I mounted them 105 from the tip. Pretty much everyone I spoke to said that the 105-106 from the tip was the money spot and my 105 mount was probably about 1.5cm back from the dimple still. Just by eyeing it up, it looks like the perfect mount, and I could not imagine being much further forward. I think the picture still appears a bit further back than they look for some reason but take it for what it is.
    Yup, that's fuckin dope
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Anyone have a single 187 MVP laying around? I have a single 13/14 187 MVP in med/stiff with carbon layup. The other ski has no tip.

Looking to make a pair, or pass along the single ski as a backup for someone else. https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...sa-Pow-187-MVP

ETA: pic of MVP at above link.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	praxis 3d.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	173137

These should be off the charts fun tomorrow and this weekend with the dumpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Drool
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Where are you at mount wise? I see you have demos/schizo's on there

/\

Right now on the line for the 3D Powders.

FWIW I prefer my :
    187 GPOs -1
    Woo on the line

I need more time on my 14' powderboards. The one time I skied them the mount seemed a little forward, but I haven't really been able to fairly test them and get used to them

I played with the stance and at 6'2" 187 lbs I'm staying on the line/dot/dimple with my 190cm 3D Powder.

In the past I had found the mounts a bit on the forward side but these seem perfect. And the skis are far more versatile than I would have imagined. They are great in pow (duh) cut up pow and slarve right over/around bumps; pretty good on the groomers too.