Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    i like the beacon pocket w/ leash
    raising the knee material gives me pause, but i trust the tall version will be appropriately located -- the tall thing again

I'd love to get your feedback and discuss!
    The designs look good. No sign of the talls though. I would like to see a remedy for that stat for the fall line. And those colors are no beuno. Deh TGR's keeps telling me to get the red one. Gray or beige pants maybe? Good to have black, but for a touring pant, those dark colors look like they'll absorb the heat from the sun.

we just don't do enough volume to produce "talls" yet. It's obviously important to some folks so we'll make sure it's on our radar.

as for colors, let's wait to see how they look in actual fabric. PDF's are tough to judge. But we did go for darker pallet since these pieces will get abuse. Good thought about being hot in the sun-- we will DEFINITELY consider that.

When will your base layers be available for sale?

I need to replace a lightweight base layer, and am looking at wool hoodies. There's only a few lighterweight ones out there that I've found that look halfway decent...
    Ibex Hooded Indie Sweatshirt (zip only goes to chin)
    Icebreaker Compass Half-Zip Pullover Hoodie (maybe too heavy for the lightweight slot)
    Icebreaker Sphere Pullover Hoodie (right weight, but stupid neck opening)

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    When will your base layers be available for sale?

I need to replace a lightweight base layer, and am looking at wool hoodies. There's only a few lighterweight ones out there that I've found that look halfway decent...
    Ibex Hooded Indie Sweatshirt (zip only goes to chin)
    Icebreaker Compass Half-Zip Pullover Hoodie (maybe too heavy for the lightweight slot)
    Icebreaker Sphere Pullover Hoodie (right weight, but stupid neck opening)
    Our base layers will be available some time around Sept. 1-ish. Stay tuned and we'll keep everyone updated on when product will be arriving. we will be offering pre-orders on all products. we're keep inventory low for our first year with base layers and the pre-order will give folks a chance to lock in their order.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffleupagus View Post
    Our base layers will be available some time around Sept. 1-ish. Stay tuned and we'll keep everyone updated on when product will be arriving. we will be offering pre-orders on all products. we're keep inventory low for our first year with base layers and the pre-order will give folks a chance to lock in their order.
    And I assume a nice 20% discount for all us TGR mags who've been graciously offering free market research and product development advice, right???

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    And I assume a nice 20% discount for all us TGR mags who've been graciously offering free market research and product development advice, right???
    Haha! you never know. we might be able to work out a deal!

On a higher level, I'd love to know what products or categories are really causing frustration for people. What categories are you least satisfied with? Why? Would love thoughts on it all-- gloves, packs, luggage, insulation, etc, etc.

At this point I have had three different versions of the Trewth bib, and I would say my favorite pair were my khakis from 10/11 that succumbed to delam in the crotch. However my current pair from this past season is a hot second!

I am finding that the current suspender setup slides off a shoulder more often than not. I think you guys should go back to the tried and true way of securing suspenders crossed X in the back rather than the H style

On a higher level, I'd love to know what products or categories are really causing frustration for people. What categories are you least satisfied with? Why? Would love thoughts on it all-- gloves, packs, luggage, insulation, etc, etc.
    I think another compeny has been doing this for the membership here for a while. Are you working wit them now or just coming in to push them out and be official maggot gear? they give us members 30% so please match we could probably use discounts from all you markiters for our 411

gloves, packs , luggage and insulation and etc etc is a lot of gear. You going to make all that just for us
    Rippin up the mount, and other great surfaces daily!
    Ride it , do it, live it, shred it, gnar it up, carve it ,
    comp out dude, huck it, spin it, killin it

Stoked to see you guys expanding the line.

Tops: long sleeves and hem a must. I don't care for thumb loops but not a deal breaker. I know you guys have a certain style thing going on but don't forget about us worker bees that have to wear certain colors that usually include black. My ideal tops are the Icebreaker Oasis 200 crews. They are available with graphics that don't scream "I'm a baselayer!"

Bottoms: 3/4 a must. If I am doing things where I need longies I am most likely wearing ski socks that go up to my knees. Speaking of knees: please reinforce them. That's where mine always wear first. Also, there must be a fly. So stupid trying to find 3/4 length merinos with a fly. Like skiers/riders don't pee in the woods or something. Colors don't matter on bottoms so I'm looking forward to see what you guys do.

The line you've got coming looks interesting though the colors aren't my cup of tea.

More than anything I want softshell bibs. Not pants with suspenders, bibs. When you have a pack and a harness and a waistbelt all coming together at the same place things can get uncomfortable.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Love what I've seen from the tour setup.

The alternative to what me and a friend have been discussing re: small, packs that are just for skinning after/before work for an hour that hold water, a tool, and skins.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge. View Post
    At this point I have had three different versions of the Trewth bib, and I would say my favorite pair were my khakis from 10/11 that succumbed to delam in the crotch. However my current pair from this past season is a hot second!

I am finding that the current suspender setup slides off a shoulder more often than not. I think you guys should go back to the tried and true way of securing suspenders crossed X in the back rather than the H style
    Great feeback. We went to the "H style" to keep the suspenders closer together higher on the back. But the advantage of the "X style" is the it pulls across your body. I'm going to circle with our product team and relay this message.
    You will also be VERY stoked to know we are bringing back the Khaki color this year in the bib! it will be our best bib every with stretch, thicker fabric in key spots, and the NX membrane which results in 2.5x the breathability of Gore Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggum View Post
    I think another compeny has been doing this for the membership here for a while. Are you working wit them now or just coming in to push them out and be official maggot gear? they give us members 30% so please match we could probably use discounts from all you markiters for our 411

gloves, packs , luggage and insulation and etc etc is a lot of gear. You going to make all that just for us
    Nope, not trying to push another company out and, no, we are not partnering with anyone else. We simply realized this form is not being tapped enough for feedback. It's a great way for us to hear from the core of our sports. I think we can work out a deal on gear. Let me ponder how we best to achieve that....

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    The line you've got coming looks interesting though the colors aren't my cup of tea.

More than anything I want softshell bibs. Not pants with suspenders, bibs. When you have a pack and a harness and a waistbelt all coming together at the same place things can get uncomfortable.
    The line you saw is the touring stuff only. The Freeride products (TREWth, Eagle, Cosmic, Pow Funk, Stella, Chariot, Tempest) will have a more traditional TREW feel as you can see in the following image...

Nice idea with the softshell bibs. We're in development of a softshell program and still thinking of our execution here. Do you use softshell year round or is it more of a spring-time/warmer weather garment for you?

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Love what I've seen from the tour setup.

The alternative to what me and a friend have been discussing re: small, packs that are just for skinning after/before work for an hour that hold water, a tool, and skins.
    I see. Small minimal bag. Noted!

But again, I'd like to hear about people's frustrations, their anger points, etc. When you're having a beer with your friend and you say something like "Dang, I really wish someone made ________" or "I really wish a company made a pant that had __________" or "my technical backpacks are lame looking..I wish someone could make a good looking technical pack". Basically, I want to know what product categories folks have some frustration and there is room for better product.

But again, I'd like to hear about people's frustrations, their anger points, etc. When you're having a beer with your friend and you say something like "Dang, I really wish someone made ________" or "I really wish a company made a pant that had __________" or "my technical backpacks are lame looking..I wish someone could make a good looking technical pack". Basically, I want to know what product categories folks have some frustration and there is room for better product.
    umm, tall sizes?

Most technical softshell pants are not cut for people with beefy thighs. That's my beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Most technical softshell pants are not cut for people with beefy thighs. That's my beef.
    Same here. Skiers tend to have big legs, but somehow that gets overlooked.

But it's not as bad for guys as it is for girls. The girls I know are continually annoyed by the lack of room in the quads and butt in women's ski pants. It's stupid that a girl who is, say, 5'4 and 130# has to size up to a L (in many brands) and deal with huge waist and length just to get a reasonable fit in the butt and quads.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Great feeback. We went to the "H style" to keep the suspenders closer together higher on the back. But the advantage of the "X style" is the it pulls across your body. I'm going to circle with our product team and relay this message.
    You will also be VERY stoked to know we are bringing back the Khaki color this year in the bib! it will be our best bib every with stretch, thicker fabric in key spots, and the NX membrane which results in 2.5x the breathability of Gore Pro.
    Love to hear it, but maybe a friend will score them and I'll froth vicariously. The pair I am on now are holding up just fine with no financial justification to acquire khaki. PDFs look sharp though!

Nice idea with the softshell bibs. We're in development of a softshell program and still thinking of our execution here. Do you use softshell year round or is it more of a spring-time/warmer weather garment for you?
    I'm usually wearing a hybrid mid layer piece like the Dynafit PDG jacket or OR Centrifuge jacket and softshell pants for the bulk of my touring and I keep a small, compact pertex shell buried in my pack if things get nasty. I run into people on the skinner with their hardshell stuff on on milder days, but I they have to be marinating in their juices in those things. I've worn the PDG and Centrifuge top in some nasty ass weather and been fine. I've found that if I can keep then wind off me I generate more then enough heat to keep warm. I did a 3 hour run last weekend in the rain/snow with a light pertex shell jacket, shorts, and a tech tee and kept warm, although I could have used some gloves.

I know there's some people out there that have to spend a lot of time outside in crappy weather no matter what, but Gore Inc. has done a great job on convincing us that we're going to die if we venture outside without a $500 hard shell jacket....
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    I'm usually wearing a hybrid mid layer piece like the Dynafit PDG jacket or OR Centrifuge jacket and softshell pants for the bulk of my touring and I keep a small, compact pertex shell buried in my pack if things get nasty. I run into people on the skinner with their hardshell stuff on on milder days, but I they have to be marinating in their juices in those things. I've worn the PDG and Centrifuge top in some nasty ass weather and been fine. I've found that if I can keep then wind off me I generate more then enough heat to keep warm. I did a 3 hour run last weekend in the rain/snow with a light pertex shell jacket, shorts, and a tech tee and kept warm, although I could have used some gloves.

I know there's some people out there that have to spend a lot of time outside in crappy weather no matter what, but Gore Inc. has done a great job on convincing us that we're going to die if we venture outside without a $500 hard shell jacket....
    You're right! Often times the highly waterproof breathable membranes are overkill. It's the days when the weather changes rapidly or any storm day in the PNW that you really need it. But there are many circumstances where a light weight wind shirt does the trick. And we're already in development on this piece! It's a light weight stretch material that's uber-packable. And this category is very versatile-- perfect for biking, bike commuting, windy beach days, etc. In the following photo, PLM Chris is rocking a prototype on our trip to Canada this year.

Tripp, any previews or sketches of the Freeride line for this year? Any changes to the styles in the line? Any more changes besides dropping the Beast and the move to Dermizax NX? Pictures we can see? Or at least design sketches with colors like you posted for the Touring line?