Thread: Dogs...

Dogs...

So, I'm doing my best to put it to some chrome today when Ma and Pa Kettle walk up with the family dog, throwing the ball for muttly to fetch. River is roughly 200' wide, I'm on the island in the middle, casting back towards them. They start maybe 150' downstream, then work their way up to almost parallel. Grandma throws the ball within 30' of me(beach is at least a mile long, so lots of room). I am actively casting. After I addressed the issue, I thought they were going to call LE/Animal Control, so I moved to another park on the river a few miles away. Guy walks up right before sunset at the other park and does the same thing. Is this me, or do other people have this issue? How do you deal with it?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I guess my english isn't good enough to fully understand what you're describing. In fact, I don't get it at all. What were you doing that would make them call animal control? And what's the problem with throwing balls? Sorry for my lack of understanding. It's the german genes probably.

People don't care and figure it is public space so they want to exercise their dog and have Fido enjoy the water. If they don't fish they don't realize that their dog splashing in the water may be spooking the fish that you are trying to catch. Also, they have probably never taken a hook the the forehead and don't understand the concept of a back cast.

More secluded fishing spots that are less accessible might be a good way to avoid this.
    "People think complaining about conditions makes them sound discerning, like giving nitpick notes on a fine dining experience. In reality it's just like saying "i'm a shitty cook." -MildBill

Liquor.com

Don't fish the American.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Don't fish the Russian.
    Fixed.

I was a horse's ass about the whole thing. I told her if she threw that ball near me one more time, I was going to start throwing flies at her dog's head. Not that I would have, not the dog's fault.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Go torture fish somewhere less crowded instead of threatening old lady's dogs. Asshole.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    So, I'm doing my best to put it to some chrome today when Ma and Pa Kettle walk up with the family dog, throwing the ball for muttly to fetch. River is roughly 200' wide, I'm on the island in the middle, casting back towards them. They start maybe 150' downstream, then work their way up to almost parallel. Grandma throws the ball within 30' of me(beach is at least a mile long, so lots of room). I am actively casting. After I addressed the issue, I thought they were going to call LE/Animal Control, so I moved to another park on the river a few miles away. Guy walks up right before sunset at the other park and does the same thing. Is this me, or do other people have this issue? How do you deal with it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1427761898.424601.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	241.3 KB 
ID:	165739

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    People do this all the time with their dogs and it isn't limited to fishing. Actively make a show of walking away from you and your off leash dog on the beach? Oh, I'll follow that guy. Quietly sitting on the river/lake far away from people? Hey, you cool if I post up right here and throw the ball where my dog can get water all over your shit?

Also, it's CA, so everyone is entitled right? Leash rules in the park? Pull that card. Most people who don't fish don't get it. Just tell them off. "Hey, I don't want to hook your dog, can you go somewhere else?"

It's insane to me that someone would see someone fishing and throw their ball across a river within 30 ft of them.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Wow. I have two dogs and if either of them went anywhere near someone fishing I would expect that person to smack the shit outta my dog and yell at me. I hope none of you assholes fish anywhere near me. However I don't usually have to worry about that because I fish to get away from assholes(myself included). Although some assholes dog ran into my buddies hole up rock ck the other weekend, stucky that you sunshine?

Be vocal before you get raging pissed. Less fights and popo that way.

My dog annoys friends when he's rambling around. They tell me, I give them space, problem solved.

Buy a toy for him to have your time comfortable to fishing with your friend , that's i do with my dog