Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oh, if you're gonna be hungry skip the Inner Harbor and either walk 15 minutes straight N. on Eutaw St. or stay on the train for another stop and go to Lexington Market to get some Crab Cakes at Faidley's.

Also, if you're in the mood for some strange poon, the Hustler Club is on Baltimore Street just a few blocks north of the Harbor. I miss that place.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Just be aware that BWI gets pretty fucking busy in the afternoons. Big commuter airport due to being a SWA hub. Leave time for security. The Camden Light Rail will be packed as well.

It's also about a 15min. walk between the Train station and the USS Torsk WW2 Sub (recommended tour) next to the Aquarium so keep that in mind too.
    Good beta. Like arrive at the airport 1 hour before boarding (1.5 hours before takeoff) crowded? Or even earlier? This is tomorrow, BTW.

Is there a several train wait for a Camden load? I wish I was flying out of DCA so I could kick around the mall for a few hours.

I honestly don't know the schedule hut because it will be close to rush hour there will be more trains. I'd give yourself an hour before departure at least. You never fucking know.

I fly out of BWI all the time and usually get there about half-hour before boarding but I have the tsa pre-check. the security lane by the Southwest counters gets really long but the other ones are usually manageable and they all connect once you're past security like SLC. A hour before boarding should be plenty, verging on overkill most likely.

Perfect day for a scenic walk around town. What's the windchill? Thirty below?

ha. bit nippy out for sure. We had spring for about two hours on Thursday, that was nice while it lasted.

Fk all that tourist crap, go to Chaps and get the best pit BBQ of your life!

Plus its in the parking lot of a strip club.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    The original:

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Fk all that tourist crap, go to Chaps and get the best pit BBQ of your life!

Plus its in the parking lot of a strip club.
    Negatory. I'm from NC originally, it's pretty much ingrained in me to prefer that style. Plus, strip clubs have never done it for me.

Back on the train now. I walked all over down there. Cool area, the cold wind made it a little less enjoyable, but better than sitting in the airport.

Sounds like you didn't even get shot at. The whole thing was kind of a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sounds like you didn't even get shot at. The whole thing was kind of a bust.
    Anticlimatic for sure.

Bump, will be there for a week or so in September. Event at the convention center, will be staying close by.

Any beta on how not to get killed? Safe to wander around between the event, hotel, dinner, etc?

Staying at Lord Baltimore it looks like.
    Last edited by snapt; 02-09-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Inner horrorbor and Fells down Point, maybe a Bball game.
    watch out for snakes

You're in a pretty safe place down there, but keep your wits about you at most times, and avoid walking west much.
    Definitely go to an Orioles game a few blocks away. The Yankees and Red Sox make a trip in September. If the Orioles are out of it, tickets are easy to get and cheap. Check Stubhub. Food and beer at the stadium is very good. I'm a Yankee fan, but I see most of my baseball games there. Nice, mellow crowd.
    Avoid the Inner Harbor for food. Chain crap, and you'll be staring at fat tourists. Take a cab to Fells Point, or do some research on good reataraunts downtown. One of my favorite little places is Joes Squared. Good music, and great beer and rum list. Try to eat crab wherever you go. Baltimore does crab the best. As mentioned, Lexington Market is well worth a visit, and you're just a few blocks away.
    Hampden is a cool neighborhood well worth an evening crawl. Down and out working class area that hipsters have transformed. Good food and cool bars. Hons used to be a great place for hangover breakfast until Gordon Ramsey decided to fuck it up on one of his TV shows. Fuck that guy.
    Charles theater is the Indy arty movie theater not far away. Always showing good stuff you won't see at the multiplex.
    For art, again, try to get to the Visionary Arts Museum. Very unique and fun, and save some cash for the gift shop, which is way cool and filled with great stuff for gifts back home. The Baltimore Museum of Art is free, and worth the trip. Sort of a mini NY Metroplitan Museum.

Eat mushrooms and go to the aquarium.

No, do not go to the Lexington Market.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Why not?

Oh, yeah, I forgot the aquarium. Expensive, but cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Why not?

Oh, yeah, I forgot the aquarium. Expensive, but cool.
    It might have been nice 20 years ago. It's a dangerous sh-t hole now.

But don't take my word for it.... https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._Maryland.html
    Last edited by St. Jerry; 02-10-2016 at 09:28 AM.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

If you are stuck in the harbor for some reason Phillips Seafood was ok in a pinch when we were doing the Inner Harbor tourist thing before leaving for our flight.

Thanks for the info, sounds like the Art Museum, Aquarium, O's game, Crab and not getting shanked will be in order.

Downtown tourist areas are fine, with the caveat that I wouldn't walk from the inner harbor area to Fells Point even though it's not that far, there's a big housing project, the Perkins Homes, right in between and that's not a good place.

Inner Harbor is fine to walk around, but just be alert walking to/from hotel. Although one time when we were staying down there we woke up to there having been a murder (stabbing) at 2am the night before. Right on the Harbor walk. Restaurants down there are fine, a lot of chains (second Phillip's being good for seafood - pricey touristy but have always had good food). We like Mama's on the Halfshell in Canton. And Blue Moon Cafe in Fells Point for breakfast. But beware it's super small and a long wait on the weekends. We try to go during the week (they don't take reservations). Definitely don't walk to Fells Point. Skip Lexington Market for the not getting shanked factor. I'd spend my money on the Orioles before the Aquarium. We've been there with the kids. I think it's like $40 admission.