Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Couple of great rides this past Sunday on the pass(Old Pass Rd>Phillips Connector>Arrow>Snotel>Phillips Ridge) and Monday at Targhee (Mill Cr.>38 Special>Peaked>Ain't Life Grand>Colter's Escape
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P Ridge.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	168347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tetons.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	168348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Targhee trail.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	168349e).
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

How're the Targhee XC trails looking? Heard they were going to build some features into them.

Also, after not seeing one bear in two years here, I see three in twelve hours. One on way to munger last night, second at munger, third on Philips ridge this am. What gives, bears?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Also, after not seeing one bear in two years here, I see three in twelve hours. One on way to munger last night, second at munger, third on Philips ridge this am. What gives, bears?
    we heard a rumor you had pic-a-nic baskets with you

How're the Targhee XC trails looking? Heard they were going to build some features into them.

Felt that same way on Phillips Ridge a couple weeks ago running into a family of bears. Then ran into them again. Nothing bad, just freaky.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Altaholic View Post
    Felt that same way on Phillips Ridge a couple weeks ago running into a family of bears. Then ran into them again. Nothing bad, just freaky.
    Totally. Read about that lab getting mauled below the Hobacks at the village this week, too, goddamn!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Black bears or big mean scary lumpy bears?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Black bears or big mean scary lumpy bears?
    Humpless, which I understand to mean black bears. Not small ones though.

In other news, just signed up for the Targhee enduro. Just got word the course is "awesome." With a chainguide now firmly securing my chain to the bike and a functioning shifter making all 11 gears available for pedaling, I'll be unstoppable!!

Anyone hit Munger as of recently? I have not been there in a month, curious how it is now.

In other news, just signed up for the Targhee enduro. Just got word the course is "awesome." With a chainguide now firmly securing my chain to the bike and a functioning shifter making all 11 gears available for pedaling, I'll be unstoppable!!
    I should be there too. EWS CB decided to add additional practice to the 7 stage race. So...my delusions of competing with the best in the world aren't so grand that I think I won't be a liability while running stages blind that former world champs practice. Was really looking forward to it. Oh well, this could be fun too!

Anyone hit Munger as of recently? I have not been there in a month, curious how it is now.
    we rode there last w/e- it was great. not as overgrown as I would have expected. We went early-ish (arrived prob around 9:30am) and were the only car in the lot. When we got done at 11 or 11:30 he lot was pretty much full w/ other bikers, hikers and horse trailers (no dirt bikes though flowtron)
    The downhill trail from the top by the bench with all the great turns thru the trees is so much fun.

Nice! All my riding happened on the West siiiide for the past 3 days, though my co-worker may have hit Munger this morning.
    We rode some lift laps at GT yesterday, that shit is good. So much fun for trail bike shredding. The dirt has been unbelievable.

Targhee is great- we haven't been over there yet this summer but I bet it's been gooood

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    Targhee is great- we haven't been over there yet this summer but I bet it's been gooood
    Do a shuttle. Put one car at Teton Canyon, then drive up to Targhee.

Go to Lightning Ridge to Buffalo Soldier to Mill Creek/Colter's Escape. You have something 3,000 to 4,000 vertical feet of downhill single track. Just watch for the cattle gate.

You don't need a lift ticket or maybe I have just been stealthy, but is Targhee.

Go to Lightning Ridge to Buffalo Soldier to Mill Creek/Colter's Escape. You have something 3,000 to 4,000 vertical feet of downhill single track. Just watch for the cattle gate.

You don't need a lift ticket or maybe I have just been stealthy, but is Targhee.
    Can't wait to see if Mill Creek is in the enduro course this weekend...

No need for a ticket if you don't ride the lift. Just dont forget please that there's a good amount of uphill traffic, both hikers and bikers, on Mill Creek.

And the cows are out as well, might be a few special treats in the trail, wasn't too bad on Sunday.

yeah that Mill Crk loop is great. Believe it or not riding the road up is not that bad either if you don't want to shuttle- it's a decent grade to just put your music on and crank up.

It's weird that they haven't announced the course for the race this w/e yet? I'd like to go over there but one of our BF's is getting married Saturday and I suspect we'll be in no shape to race on Sunday....

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    I should be there too. EWS CB decided to add additional practice to the 7 stage race. So...my delusions of competing with the best in the world aren't so grand that I think I won't be a liability while running stages blind that former world champs practice. Was really looking forward to it. Oh well, this could be fun too!
    are you going to Don's?

are you going to Don's?
    Didn't make the cut.

well at least you won't have to be hung over on Sunday then! bummer about the crested butte race

It's weird that they haven't announced the course for the race this w/e yet? I'd like to go over there but one of our BF's is getting married Saturday and I suspect we'll be in no shape to race on Sunday....
    Courses are always announced at 6:00 the Wednesday before the race. I'll post a link to the course here, too.

You wouldn't be the first hungover to still-drunk racer we've seen.

well at least you won't have to be hung over on Sunday then! bummer about the crested butte race
    Oh, don't count me out for not being hungover! Ha. Have fun at the shindig.

Had an awesome weekend riding the pass and mixed in a little white water excursion. Pretty awesome way to spend a bachelor party for 2 buddies getting hitched soon. We rode Phillips Canyon, Phillips Ridge, Black Canyon and then all the DH trails.

I decided to stick around for a few more days and keep exploring. Anything else considered a must ride in the area? Prefer the more gravity oriented stuff but don't mind pedaling to get to fun trails. I heard Ferrins is good but it wasn't clear on the map how to ride it?

^^^ Not sure how much longer you'll be around, but I'll be in town tomorrow afternoon (through Friday) if you want to meet up for riding and/or fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Had an awesome weekend riding the pass and mixed in a little white water excursion. Pretty awesome way to spend a bachelor party for 2 buddies getting hitched soon. We rode Phillips Canyon, Phillips Ridge, Black Canyon and then all the DH trails.

I decided to stick around for a few more days and keep exploring. Anything else considered a must ride in the area? Prefer the more gravity oriented stuff but don't mind pedaling to get to fun trails. I heard Ferrins is good but it wasn't clear on the map how to ride it?
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    ^^^ Not sure how much longer you'll be around, but I'll be in town tomorrow afternoon (through Friday) if you want to meet up for riding and/or fishing.
    You guys should:

a) Stop by TGR and say what's up

b) Ride Ferrins. However you ride it up (common way is going from Cache Creek up Hagen's to Ferrins, then turning around), I'd suggest taking a left at the bottom and riding Hagen's across Snow King to Sink or Swim, and then ride that down into town. Maximum fun/down for your effort.

Otherwise, Mill Creek at the base of Targhee is a rad spot and Targhee DH is super rad. Alternatively, if you want to hit 6 million jumps and berms in a day with no one else around you can hit the bike park at the Village.