Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    It's a long shot but I lost my saddle bag somewhere on Philips Canyon on Saturday. Timbuktu brand with a dt swiss thru axle lever handle in it as well as tube and CO2. Trail is riding great!

Anybody riding on the Jackson side of things this afternoon? I'd like to hit Munger. Haven't ridden out there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Anybody riding on the Jackson side of things this afternoon? I'd like to hit Munger. Haven't ridden out there yet.
    Yo! Tied up today but would love to take you out there. My suggestion for that ride would be Wally's World > Squaw Creek > Tusky Ridge all the way back up > Poison Creek down and then out. If you're around tomorrow I'll be out to ride hopefully then. Otherwise stop by TGR while you're in town to say whats up!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Cool. Thanks for the route. I might stop by on my way out through Wilson this afternoon.
    I'm going to be in Driggs tomorrow, probably riding something over there.

Munger was sooo fun. Holy shit. The track, it is single.
    Don't know about that "staircase" though. You boys gotta get out in the world a bit.

yea the grasses are high this yr!

Anybody know what the bermed track is at the base of Snow King? Hiked up there last night and saw a few ridiculously tight berms and an excavator. Looks like some new excavator-width cuts through the woods to the left as well. new trail?

Side note: Anybody have a paddleboard paddle I could borrow this weekend?
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

That trail is just an access to Shade Monkey, I believe.

I have access to a paddle that you can borrow for a day, Pm me.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    That trail is just an access to Shade Monkey, I believe.

I have access to a paddle that you can borrow for a day, Pm me.
    Ah okay. Cool! And thanks for the paddle offer, just found out GF and I were miscommunicating. She had the paddle after all...

Just did a Phillips Ridge from the Snotell up & down. It was a touch dusty, but some section were nice & fast.

Just got my bike back from the shop after eight days. Major backup at shops now. I felt a wee dusty myself.

I would probably assume Munger is holding nice now since that takes longer to dry out?
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Munger was amazing on Monday. Up on Wally's and Squaw it might be a bit dusty, the woods were excellent.

Rode Munger loops this morning. Perfect. And then the flowers... wow. Maybe Panchosdad will post a couple of his photos.

After lunch we rode a loop from N Fork of Fall Ck to S Fork of Fall Creek. Now that is an adventure ride. It would be fun with a bit of work, eg weedwacking/ getting ridden in by a dirtbike, and there are some ruts when you start to head down into the S Fork. Any of you all live out there in Goat, Wyoming?

Going out on Sunday to manage a trailwork/ service day on the reroute in Mail Cabin by a young NOLS group. Still spending the $$ given to MBT by the 1% for the Tetons grant. We'll stash some tools out there again, and the top third is now fully pin-flagged. PM me if you feel like working for an hour on your way to MikeSell.

Got Ferrins-> Sink or Swim-> Linda's today. Really nice in shaded areas. Pretty solid overall, a little dust to watch for but Ferrins was really sweet. If we get a hint of rain, that pesky dust will go away.

Good to hear Munger is still going good.

Looking at doing a Up Ferrins-> down West Game-> up West Game-> down Ferrins-> Sink or Swim-> Linda's tomorrow AM.

I know most is good, just have not been on West Game in a bit. Curious how it is. Anyone done it recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Altaholic View Post
    Looking at doing a Up Ferrins-> down West Game-> up West Game-> down Ferrins-> Sink or Swim-> Linda's tomorrow AM.

I know most is good, just have not been on West Game in a bit. Curious how it is. Anyone done it recently?
    West game was fine a few weeks ago, and rather than head back up it u can take game creek back to cache and then take putt putt back to town

Phillips Ridge was prime today. So good I did two laps up from Fish Creek road up to Joint Point ( the overlook where you see JHMR), rain got the trail just right.

"Phillips Ridge was prime today. So good I did two laps up from Fish Creek road up to Joint Point ( the overlook where you see JHMR), rain got the trail just right."

Am planning a trip down from Bozeman in a couple of weeks and was planning to ride Phillips Ridge Loop by parking at Stagecoach in Wilson and riding Old Pass Road/Phillip's Connector/Arrow/Phillip's Ridge/Fish Creek Road back to Stagecoach. Any suggestions for more cross-countryish mileage (I've got a 5" Trance trailbike and wife has a 29'er Trek Lush) while out on this loop? Maybe by riding Arrow past the Phillip's Ridge turn and then coming back to it and continuing on? Thanks for any ideas!
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

My preference is Arrow, down Phillips Canyon, up Phillips Ridge and back to the Phillips parking lot. No road that way, but probably shorter overall. If you do it as described you can ride up the Crater lake singletrack (I think that's what its called), eliminating most of the Old Pass Road climb. Arrow out and back is worth adding on as you suggest.

Teton Valley is where it's at if you want longer rides.
    Last edited by panchosdad; 07-08-2015 at 06:55 PM. Reason: grammar

Thanks, panchosdad. Will be staying in Driggs and have ridden in the Big Holes a couple of times and will most likely do so again on this trip. That, or Mill Creek/38 Special up by Targhee. Have heard good things about Phillips Ridge and Arrow, and have never done that so want to check it out. Cheers!
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

How does Munger fare once the dirt bikes get on it? Do people still ride it?
    Everything was so lush and tight I can't imagine they get going too fast. I'll be back in Jackson zone on the 23/24 of June and would love to get back in there again.

Seems to be fine - it's generally a toss-up if you'll see a moto there while riding. BUt then again I used to dirt bike so it doesn't bother me to run into them (and so much easier on trails than the horses- don't get me started )
    The trails do get tight but that's what hand guards are for

Word. Thanks. I generally don't mind em either, but I had the impression that those trails got pummeled.

yea it definitely gets some traffic but I didn't see any the last time I was up there riding -maybe it's a bit busier on the w/e's though

Jackson Conditions 2015

Did a shuttle lap yesterday at Targhee, quite nice, quiet & tacky. Went down Buffalo Soldier-> Lightning Ridge-> Mill Creek. Fun 3,500+ vertical feet of downhill. Ferrins-> Sink or Swim-> Linda's today was still nice.

I saw a new trail at the 'Ghee called 'Action Jackson' in the Sacagawea area. Curious how it rides.

Shot of myself at Da 'Ghee yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1436932381.933350.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	168235