Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Honestly, I'd say that does make a difference. The rebound circuit in that high fallootin charger damper is setup basically with a threshold that allows it to bypass some of the damper bits on really hard fast hits. It's why I really like it. But yeah, if you're not going to be flying all the time it does matter less.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Honestly, I'd say that does make a difference. The rebound circuit in that high fallootin charger damper is setup basically with a threshold that allows it to bypass some of the damper bits on really hard fast hits. It's why I really like it. But yeah, if you're not going to be flying all the time it does matter less.
    I never even get into my 30t x 11t high gear on real trails around here, it's too short a downhill and/or too technical. If I do hit that high gear its on a dirt road or smooth wide main trail.

I'm just figuring the Pike is a bit spendy, and I would probably be fine with a Fox Float 34.....and people are directly comparing the Revelation to the Float 34...? I'm also on a budget here, picked up the frame on S&C, this is the most $$$ I've put into a bike in 10 years. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Damian Sanders; 04-22-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    Thanks for that link. Not to go too far OT but just convinced hutchski to pull the trigger on this for a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR Comp m5 she's building up. Given that it's a 120mm travel frame should she slack it out a bit with an angled headset?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Thanks for that link. Not to go too far OT but just convinced hutchski to pull the trigger on this for a 2007 Stumpjumper FSR Comp m5 she's building up. Given that it's a 120mm travel frame should she slack it out a bit with an angled headset?
    Ohhhhhh not good. The 2007 stumpjumper has a straight 1-1/8" headtube, so not only won't an angled headset fit on it, **this fork won't fit on it because it's a 1-1/8 to 1-1/2 tapered steerer**. You could easily pick up a straight 1-1/8" revelation or sektor, there are plenty of them out there. Cancel the order asap unless you can use the fork elsewhere. BTW the travel can also be set to 130mm or 150mm using internal spacers.

Thanks Damian! I was able to cancel the order before it got shipped. And here's a little shout out to Bob's Bicycles in Boise (Bobs Better Bikes on Ebay). They were very friendly and took care of it no problems.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Just figured out it's going to cost me $80+ to convert two wheelsets from 20mm to 15mm........boooooo.

Looking for a 26" Revelation with 20mm axle, tapered steerer tube, dual air, blackbox or RCT damper, very good to new condition, for about $300 or so..........how hard is this going to be to find?

Can't help with a complete fork but I will say I have a black box remote damper I'd be willing to trade if you find a fork with standard crown adjust motion control. The reason I want to trade is because my wife likes having a front derailleur (so weird right?), also has a dropper post and as a result her bars have 6 levers and cables and it is seriously out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Can't help with a complete fork but I will say I have a black box remote damper I'd be willing to trade if you find a fork with standard crown adjust motion control. The reason I want to trade is because my wife likes having a front derailleur (so weird right?), also has a dropper post and as a result her bars have 6 levers and cables and it is seriously out of control.
    Thanks.....I don't want any more levers either!

Looking for a 26" Revelation with 20mm axle, tapered steerer tube, dual air, blackbox or RCT damper, very good to new condition, for about $300 or so..........how hard is this going to be to find?
    I have one of these sitting around. http://www.bikeradar.com/us/gear/cat...axle-10-37889/

Quote Originally Posted by alewi11 View Post
    I have one of these sitting around. http://www.bikeradar.com/us/gear/cat...axle-10-37889/
    Nice, what kind of shape and what would you want for it...?

pm sent

Revy is a fine fork.
    The Pike is the real shi!t this year.
    Next year the Pike and Revy will be relegated to 'same' and some new One Up
    will come along and
    grab
    your
    f!ckng
    wallet.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Revy is a fine fork.
    The Pike is the real shi!t this year.
    Next year the Pike and Revy will be relegated to 'same' and some new One Up
    will come along and
    grab
    your
    f!ckng
    wallet.
    Yeah...saw the reviews of the 2015 Fox Float 36....seems very impressive, and nearly impossible to get for under $1000.

Damian, you need to clear your mailbox. Tried to send you a PM, but says you're full.

Quote Originally Posted by alewi11 View Post
    Damian, you need to clear your mailbox. Tried to send you a PM, but says you're full.
    Yep, got your email tho. Great looking fork but I'm really looking for a tapered steerer. Thanks again.

Picked up a lightly used 2011 Revelation Team, Dual Air, 20mm, tapered off ebay for a bit over $200. There was no way I'm spending $700+ on a new pike or fox. Rebuild kits are like $17. Hopefully its a wise choice.

It is a wise choice.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Finally changed the travel on mine and got it mounted up. We'll see....

Finally changed the travel on mine and got it mounted up. We'll see....
    Just make sure you inflate the chambers properly and it will be good.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025