Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Hope tomorrow stays sorta dry, I have a 3 hour window for a ride tomorrow night.

Yo scrubby or Leo, you free for a ride at Farrington? Meet around 6pm.

Page Hill, Im bummed I did not ride Shock Therapy this summer I rode it this weekend but the leaves made it not so fun.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

V3 - '15 NE thread

Bond Brook in Augusta was riding really well. Super slick, drifts leaves made for a bit of a nightmare on the top section. That area has seen a lot of love lately so trail count has exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Bond Brook in Augusta was riding really well. Super slick, drifts leaves made for a bit of a nightmare on the top section. That area has seen a lot of love lately so trail count has exploded.
    I got several rides in at Bear Brook earlier this summer due to the mother in-law living in Monmouth now. Gotta say it was a blast but I found myself running out of trails after 90 minutes or so. I'm curious to see what new trails were added.

I also had a few rides at Bradbury Mtn. State park and, holy shit was that even better.

I went down to Diamond Hill with some friends to scope things out for the enduro this upcoming Sunday (yes an enduro in RI, elevation be damned!) and holy crap I am so stoked. Only ridden there a handful of times but they have built some crazy fun trails!

Me followed by two of my buddies, the WHOOOO is indicative to a rad day!

Saw this guy on the ride last night at SHP. Thankfully many of the trails are still covered in leaves and it's mulching up nicely. Some of the lines are starting to get hammered like Fort Rock. It's the racing the fucks the single tracks up.

Have a couple hours to kill in the New Ipswich, NH area tomorrow (Saturday). Any good riding down there?

I'm in super shitty shape, so it won't take much.

Ya know how when a new place gets ridden in and starts to mature and it gets to feeling just right? That's how the new spot in Danbury is right now. Many miles of natural flow, lines being ridden into shape rather than constructed and the pitch on the climbs is right what it needs to be so it can be hammered without blowing you up. There are a few bench cut zones to allow this and there are more switchbacks than most places around here but they are uphill flow switchbacks, so fun...

This morning at sunrise was wet from an early morning rain, the leaves had been blown or raked just recently and the dirt was soft and slickery. We were killin' the climbs, rollin' the flow and grinning like the Cheshire Cat the whole time

More please

Decided to check out Drummer Hill in Keene. First time on a mountain bike in almost 4 months. Great day to get back out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151121_092557.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	172242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151121_104205.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	172243  

What's the dealio with Lynn Woods. Looks like that's my sunday destination. Never been. HP esq?

Fifty degrees
    A nearly full moon
    Miles of twisty sinewy singletrack
    A few creeks and lotsa rocks
    Don't forget about that root!
    Embrace the flow
    I fucking love night riding

I'm guessing you found out that Lynn's got small chunks that are like HP, followed by miles of granite slab rollers, I haven't been in forever, such a fun place to ride!

A little greasy with the leaves and rain from the day before then the frost thaw in the AM, but damn was it a fun ride! This time of year is awesome!
    Fort Rock

V3 - '15 NE thread

It's wicked good right now
    Not really concerned if it snows anytime soon
    From today in Putney VT
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448913222.457407.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	172650

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1448916332.613342.jpg 
Views:	569 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	172652
    Last edited by buttahflake; 11-30-2015 at 01:45 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I'm right there with ya. Sure some December's have decent skiing but for the most part, no. Cool air, firm and tacky surfaces and long sight lines make it one of my favorite times of the year to ride.

^yeah, and no annoying bugs!

I'm going back under the knife to get some hardware removed from my clavicle next week, so my season is coming to a close or at least a slow down pretty soon. In the meantime I'll be able to work a couple new lines that I'm building which will be fun.

If you don't live at the hill, it's tough to get a good day of turns early season imo. Unless it just dumps and dumps. This yr doesn't seem to be starting all that great, but that's ok. Let it start dumping in January.

I have more time to ride now. Got let go tonight at the end of the day while I was counting out and cleaning up. 10 1/2 years at this shop. It was fun helping to run the show at the premiere NYC shop. I'm gonna miss ep's on Trek and S bikes and stuff.

Next.

Hmm, what's next at (too close to) 50?

Anyone wanna meet for a ride in the rain tomorrow?

That sucks ^^, never a good time to lose a job, right before the holidays.

Was in CT last weekend and road some rolly/polly with a friend and his crew. Nice not having to climb for 75% of the ride like I do around the valley.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Were you at our new spot in Danbury? Looks like it. That place rocks! I was there three times in the last week.

Yeah not just the fact that it's leading into the holidays but there aren't any great jobs to be had in the bike industry in December usually. I feel bad for the other two that are on the chopping block, one just signed a multi year lease on a nice place in Jersey city and the other just bought an apt on the UES and signed the mortgage last week. At least they are both under 30...

Oh man, that sucks Gravity. Keep your head up and try to look at it as a positive. Use your network to find something to move forward. Good people with sales and management experience are always needed in every industry.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Were you at our new spot in Danbury? Looks like it. That place rocks! I was there three times in the last week.

Yeah not just the fact that it's leading into the holidays but there aren't any great jobs to be had in the bike industry in December usually. I feel bad for the other two that are on the chopping block, one just signed a multi year lease on a nice place in Jersey city and the other just bought an apt on the UES and signed the mortgage last week. At least they are both under 30...
    Not in Danbury, was East Granby.

Certainly a tough time of the year for layoffs, never mind paying a new lease or mortgage.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Not in Danbury, was East Granby.

Certainly a tough time of the year for layoffs, never mind paying a new lease or mortgage.
    Cowles Park?
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Yes, Smaugs Lair
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Anyone want to ride this weekend? I'll bring some of Colorado's finest for the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Check PM.