Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    WTB vigilante's 2.3
    Front and rear
    End thread
    crab in my shoe mouth

Grip = Conti Trail King 2.4, combination grip/lower resistance go with Mt King and fast rolling either X King or Race King. No I'm not a Conti shill but the shit works and holds up well.

The Minions were like magic tires. The ardents I've had for the last 1.5 seasons aren't as magic, but are nice and predictable....looser, but predictable. Both great tires IMO.

I'm going full Gwin this season, no tires, no chain.

Yup, it's horsefly with the occasional swarm of black flies that act as my PT. Being somewhat of a casual mtn biker, meaning I rarely push myself hard to be fast, I'm not sure if I should hate the horseflies or thank them.

I definitely hate this heat though...no doubt about that. This weather blows.

My bike came with a minion DHF, which I do like but think its overkill. I'm thinking the Ardent isn't enough grip. I'm typically riding Harold Parker, Lowell, Russell Mill, and the Land Locked Forest. Pretty mixed terrain.

Seriously, who's gonna go to the fest at Ascutney this weekend? My wife and I will be there Sat. I'll be panting over a black SC Bronson with a big red beard and she'll be .75 miles ahead of me on a grey blue specialized fsr. Say hi. Word word.

Racing at Mt Snow, but get the info on the trails there and then tell me to ride there!

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Running 2.35 Bontrager XR4s front and rear. Best combination of speed, grip, cornering, etc that I've found so far. Would consider running a 2.2 in the rear but I basically just grab whatever I can find on sale, which has been 2.35s to date. I'd also give an XR3 a whirl if I came across one to see if that offers any advantage. My guess is no. Grip is definitely more important than rolling resistance at my local trails.

Edit to add: I've run a 2.25 Ardent in the rear and found it lacking. I'll hold final judgement on Ardents until I try a 2.4, but the 2.25 just didn't work for my primary trails. Works fine other places, but I don't find myself rolling a whole lot faster than on the XR4s
    ardents are amoung the worst tires for wet roots and rocks I have ever owned in any size. The issue no 3c maxx terra compound. they also have no cornering grip compared to something with side knobs like a Minion.

I predict the new Tomahawk and Minion SS will become much more propular than the Ardent.

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.co...re-960-540.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    My bike came with a minion DHF, which I do like but think its overkill. I'm thinking the Ardent isn't enough grip. I'm typically riding Harold Parker, Lowell, Russell Mill, and the Land Locked Forest. Pretty mixed terrain.
    Keep the Minion on the front and run a Tomahawk on the rear. Its a better Ardent with 3c max terra compound and acutally sideknob and rolls just as fast.

I've been waiting for those to come out, they look great! Probably be due for tires late fall, so will be nice to wait for awhile anyways.

You're all choads . Noone came up to me at VMBAfest today to tool on me and my giant nerdlinger photo fanny pack (pics coming, of the fest, not me w/ a cube hanging off my spare tire, noone needs to see that).

It was super fun. The meatballs were delicious and my wife settled on a sick bike. Fun couple of trail rides and never felt like the place was jammed. I hope they bring in a lot of folks, and I encourage anyone whose around this weekend to spend some money in Brownsville and Windsor. We're heading to Station right now, i'll buy ya a beer if I see ya.

Mmmm mmmm mmm was so nice this morning. Damp, tacky, washed clean, powdery leaf covered, absolutely mother f'n beautiful mid summer conditions.

It was easy. It was tough
    It was smooth. It was rough
    Up down over and around
    I love early morning rides

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    You're all choads . Noone came up to me at VMBAfest today to tool on me and my giant nerdlinger photo fanny pack (pics coming, of the fest, not me w/ a cube hanging off my spare tire, noone needs to see that).

It was super fun. The meatballs were delicious and my wife settled on a sick bike. Fun couple of trail rides and never felt like the place was jammed. I hope they bring in a lot of folks, and I encourage anyone whose around this weekend to spend some money in Brownsville and Windsor. We're heading to Station right now, i'll buy ya a beer if I see ya.
    Were there many trees down? Pinnacle in Newport, NH got hammered in that storm two weeks ago. Looks like this every couple hundred feet. So depressed I'm borrowing a road bike from a buddy. First time on one in 25+. Shit's whacked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150801_095045.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	168555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150801_095755.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	168556  

Wanna borrow my saw?

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Wanna borrow my saw?
    I'm not allowed near those any more. Just need to let go of my hopes and dreams. Road bike with a full face and body armor from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Were there many trees down? Pinnacle in Newport, NH got hammered in that storm two weeks ago. Looks like this every couple hundred feet. So depressed I'm borrowing a road bike from a buddy. First time on one in 25+. Shit's whacked.
    Dealing with a bunch of downed and/or leaning this summer...winter trails affected. One thing can be said for the work....it keeps me from going to the gym, where they don't allow cigars anyway.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

So...

Accepted a great job offer in Boston and the ping pong ball is swinging back east.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Just want to throw this out there. I am heading to SLC and Tahoe beginning of September and bringing along the mtn bike. Anyone have a travel bag or bike box they want to rent/sell/give/donate to me for 2 weeks. Be happy to work something out for compensation. Trying to save a little cash on this adventure

Thanks in advance

Im in boston area

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    So...

Accepted a great job offer in Boston and the ping pong ball is swinging back east.
    We'll leave the light on for you....
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Were there many trees down?
    Some. A few trail closures, but mostly clear and open. I imagine they had a lot of folks out cleaning up in the week leading up to the fest. Here's a few pics:

Ride board

Brownsville from the fest

Demo area. Hottest wheel sizes available

Little bit of reality hanging over the fest

Great time though. Anyone know where it'll be next year?

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Some. A few trail closures, but mostly clear and open. I imagine they had a lot of folks out cleaning up in the week leading up to the fest. Here's a few pics:

Ride board

Brownsville from the fest

Demo area. Hottest wheel sizes available

Little bit of reality hanging over the fest

Great time though. Anyone know where it'll be next year?
    rumor mill is saying Millstone Trails. Which is an amazing mix of tech and flow. Also Northfield Uni trails are nearby as well, which is has IMO the best Flow trail in the state.

Cool, thanks.

Where does everyone typically ride? I'm looking to expand out of the Merrimack Valley area here in MA. Only interested in single track. My rides in southern NH have been a bit of a dissapointment and KT is a bit far for a day trip.

Well, before I had a kiddo, Fort Rock, FOMBA, Bear Brook and Pawtuckaway were normal rides. Now I just sneak out to Kingman Farm when I have a spare hour, which is basically never.