Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I'm assuming you aren't riding all the gnar in Lynn? Ardent sounds like a great choice apart from the loose rocks, but it'll be more than fine everywhere else and do well enough with that stuff. You should check out the EXO casing if price allows, and usually can find them on sale online.

Ardent will roll fairly well and still grip on dirt/hardpack which you'll see a lot of at Willowdale and I think Cutler? Lynn is a mixed bag depending on where you are, but I'd think you'd be happy there with ardents also.

Not sure exactly what you mean by the gnar..

I live 6 miles from the trailhead, so I ride Lynn a lot. I mostly stick to the north side - and although I ride around the big features and mandatory airs, there aren't really any trails that I make it a point to avoid.

Here's a short loop I did after work yesterday:

On the diesel map it's Shark's Tooth > Overlook > Acapulco > Bombshell > Wolf Pits > Bow Ridge > Espresso (?) > Playground.

( I set a PR on Bombshell!! )

I love stuff like this:

1 of 100 4' drops that I ride around on a regular basis...

Stuff like this I only look at and dream of the day I will have better skills / fitness / equipment:

I will check out the Ardent, thanks!!
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 04-29-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Right on, by gnar I guess I meant those features and the bigger rollers.

I don't ride Lynn nearly often enough, its been too long! A buddy of mine that's moved away used to ride it like a big flow trail, so it was incredibly tough to keep up haha.

NH and VT folks, realistically, how many weeks away from riding are most things? I'm in desperate need of a vacation, but limited funds are gonna keep me local, so thinking of doing a few longer day trips from the Boston area and camping.

I saw on facebook that KT is having a limited opening this weekend, so that bodes well, but what about Stowe, Ausctney, Mad River and other areas?

Ascutney is at least a week or two away. I imagine Boston Lot is the same. I bet Pine Hills is in though. Come hang brother.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Ascutney is at least a week or two away. I imagine Boston Lot is the same. I bet Pine Hills is in though. Come hang brother.
    not true, STAB was most excellent on Sunday and Boston Lot opened today!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Anospa View Post
    NH and VT folks, realistically, how many weeks away from riding are most things? I'm in desperate need of a vacation, but limited funds are gonna keep me local, so thinking of doing a few longer day trips from the Boston area and camping.

I saw on facebook that KT is having a limited opening this weekend, so that bodes well, but what about Stowe, Ausctney, Mad River and other areas?
    Most shit is pretty ready if you're ready to hike a bike over the odd pool of water.
    On NH Seacoast:
    Kingman is wet, but relatively rideable
    Fort Rock top side is basically fully rideable (according to the trail conditions facebook)
    Most of the Mass. trails are rideable.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    not true, STAB was most excellent on Sunday and Boston Lot opened today!
    Confirmed. Rode boston lot the last 2 nights and 90% of the trails are mid summer dry.

Trails in my backyard off the Upper Village are as dry as they ever get.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Thanks all, that's very encouraging!

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Confirmed. Rode boston lot the last 2 nights and 90% of the trails are mid summer dry.
    Ahhh not quite. Rode the other side and it is still a little damp/soft, but still riding pretty darn well considering it's May 1st.

Well then, I stand corrected. That'll teach you to listen to a gimp who ain't rode a bike in 5 months. Come up yo! And Buttah- you at Killi Saturday? I'll be manning the safety booth in the parking lot while the lady races...

For sure man, I gotta firm up dates my end but I'll be in touch!

^^^Hopefully see ya on the 4th too. I'm gonna try to volunteer for the enduro on Sat.

There'll be much enduroing on America's birthday!!

There'll be much enduroing on America's birthday!!
    Any idea how one goes about volunteering for an ESC event? There is nothing on their website on the subject...

I think they've put a call out on facebook in the weeks leading up to the race, but not 100% certain. I'd just email George and express interest, found an email listed on his facebook: easternstatescup@hotmail.com

what about Stowe, Ausctney, Mad River and other areas?
    Stowe Town Loops are open as of yesterday (all except Upper Flo which needs some fixing). They're running sweet too.

Stowe's Town Loops, Cady Falls in Morrisviile are open locally to me, and both are riding really well. Saxon Hill and Sunny Hollow in Burlington are open, and Kingdom Just opened today.

2/3 rds of the 250 yds from the door to the trailhead and my pedal fails. Glad it didn't happen on the downhill portion of the ride.

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Bummer. Is that an XTR pedal stuck to your shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Well then, I stand corrected. That'll teach you to listen to a gimp who ain't rode a bike in 5 months. Come up yo! And Buttah- you at Killi Saturday? I'll be manning the safety booth in the parking lot while the lady races...
    good to luck to yer gal!
    i'll be there on Sunday
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by epic View Post
    Bummer. Is that an XTR pedal stuck to your shoe?
    Yes, yes it is.

But have a pair of 747 and two pair of 737 as backup
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

For the Maine crowd: Blackstrap, Yarmouth, and Bradbury are all open. Yarmouth was fun as hell today with only the occasional mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    For the Maine crowd: Blackstrap, Yarmouth, and Bradbury are all open. Yarmouth was fun as hell today with only the occasional mud hole
    All the Cape Elizabeth stuff is good to go too