Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    My lunchtime zone always gets hammered by storms. This one is right in the middle of the trail with no way around. Now that the snow is pretty much gone I hope we get some cold days to keep the bugs at bay so I can get a little clean up done. And damn am I out of bike shape! Huffin and puffin...

Edit - cleaned up!
    Last edited by strawjack; 04-22-2015 at 02:51 PM.

I forget Straw, are you seacoast? I'd be willing to assist with ride/bowsaw+clear/ride.

Got out on my local rail trail / power lines to stretch the legs today.. felt good!

Lynn will be next, hopefully we get a few dry days in a row to clear out the remaining puddles

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I forget Straw, are you seacoast? I'd be willing to assist with ride/bowsaw+clear/ride.
    Yeah man. This tree is just across the river from you next to the airport.

I have a cordless sawzall that works awesome for smaller stuff. I need to rake some lines that I didn't get to before the snow and that's about it.

Not sure this is worth a 'destination' ride, but you're probably ten minutes away, so it might be good to mix it up from Kingman once and a while. I just use it for lunchtime fun. I can show you around and you can find all the trails on Strava also. It is tough though...until they are all raked. They are new and not ridden much...there are these signs that keep some away

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Yeah man. This tree is just across the river from you next to the airport.

I have a cordless sawzall that works awesome for smaller stuff. I need to rake some lines that I didn't get to before the snow and that's about it.

Not sure this is worth a 'destination' ride, but you're probably ten minutes away, so it might be good to mix it up from Kingman once and a while. I just use it for lunchtime fun. I can show you around and you can find all the trails on Strava also. It is tough though...until they are all raked. They are new and not ridden much...there are these signs that keep some away
    Thought it was those trails. Give me a shout if you want to clean em up some weekend. Bike is all tuned and ready to go, and it looks like everything is draining REALLY nicely.

Anyone know of riding in the Concord NH area? Will be killing time on Saturday and would love to take a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_ski_BC View Post
    Anyone know of riding in the Concord NH area? Will be killing time on Saturday and would love to take a ride.
    Bear Brook?

OK guys...

It's my birthday and I have a job interview this afternoon in Northbridge, MA. I've never been down into that area before but on teh map it looks like the Vietnam trails I keep reading about are near-by.

So I'm thinking I will try to squeeze in a b-day ride after my interview!

Has anyone been in there yet this year? Is it open and dryish?

Any recommendations for a 60-90 minute ride for a dood in questionable shape on an 11 year old hard-tail?

Probably pretty late responding here, but I would think they are ready to go. The transitions and lips on features may be damp still, so just scope things before riding. I don't know the XC stuff super well, but there are a TON of miles in there.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Bear Brook?
    That or FOMBA down by manch (may not be open yet). Pawtuckaway's more techy trails are apparently ready as well.

Took a walk in the woods Tuesday and there was still a good amount of ice and mud. Plenty of riding in town if you don't want to drive to Bear Brook, FOMBA or Franklin Falls, just not sure if much is good to go yet. It is drying out quick though.

Word is Hospital and Quarry trails G2G.

Thanks all for the Concord info. Ended up just taking a walk in the woods, still mushy in places but getting better. Does anyone ride at Oak Hill or is this not a thing?

I ride there sometimes, but the climbs can be a bit much on my single speed.

Its full on now. LLF has been good. Hopefully hit Lowell this weekend.

Word is Franklin Falls is ready to go.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Little wet, little chilly, but damn fun ride today. It seems late, but we barely have any buds on the trees and almost nothing popping up from the ground, so the water doesn't appear to be going anywhere just yet. Low areas are wet wet wet.

Anyone know if there's camping near Harold Parker this time of year? Looks like late May for the park sites.

Going under the knife in a couple weeks and looking for a dry place to camp and ride before my season ends, anywhere within 2-3 hrs of Portland.

Cape Cod is on the short list

Bow NH is riding nicely right now. A new trail has been put in the Knox Road system, off of Boulder. Despite my new bike, I somehow continue to be a hack and was struggling on the new trail.

Hit Lowell today, and it was sweet. Nothing like the granite.

Good to go around Douchbury, CT right now. Some new trail popping up here and there, both official and unofficial. So much fun/good riding within a half hour of my place, I'm finding it hard to want to drive more to other stuff.

My garden is already starting to come up nicely, too!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Agreed on how much goodness there is around here now. Have you been to Farrington yet? If you're free I'll be at that spot in Patterson today around 3:30/3:45.

I'm happy to report that mountain biking continues to be awesome. Carry on all!

^^^Good to hear the rumor confirmed. I walked my dog yesterday, that was a big deal. Also pedaled a stationary bike, though with only 90 degrees of flexion is was a little brutal. Soon, soon.

Pics please- need stoke.

OK guys, I need a tire recommendation.

Riding a 2004 Novara Hardtail, mostly in Lynn, Willowdale, and Cutler. Typically keep the wheels on the ground.

Last year I finally destroyed the rear WTB weirwolf that came stock from REI (this bike sat in a garage for like 7 years, the tires don't actually have a decade of wear on them) and I replaced it with a Maxxis Ignitor UST that was recommended by a LBS.

Well, I don't like it. It feels more squirrley than the WTB going down hills, especially through loose rock or dirt. I had noticed this last year after I put it on, but I sucked it up and figured I would get used to it.

Now a few rides into the new season and I'm ready to give up. I don't like it.

I am going to put the Maxxis on the front this afternoon and put the other original WTB tire in the back to see if that makes any difference, but really I think I just need a new set of tires all around.

So what works well on a 26" hardtail in Lynn and Willowdale? What will give me the stability I had with the WTB for going downhill in loose rocks?

i'm not tubeless now, and although my 2004 stock rims claim they can be set-up for it, I'm not so sure any more.

That's not to say that I couldn't be talked into it...

Honestly I know very little about this, and am sure my question is worded a bit jongish, but cut a brother a break here and tell me what I need and why.

Price is a factor. Lets keep it reasonable....