Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I live a few miles from Lynn and there is still a solid foot of snow in my yard..

Gonna be a while here, bring on the rain!!

What the fuck, freezing rain?

Rain, fog and mud now and it's supposed to snow Friday night/Saturday morning. Yuck.

Yesterday I was out playing with crusty and got fucked. I think when it started to snow this year the ground wasn't frozen because there are big air pockets everywhere. I'd be riding along all happy and shit and, whumpf, I'd fall through. After a few times I bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    After this week and drying out from this week, I expect a bunch will be rideable as rain+warm temps = bye bye snow
    Yeah, I posted this on the ecrc thread. Stratham Hill last weekend. It's gonna be a little while before we see dirt.

Ha, yeah. I'm eating my words as I look out at the snowbanks. My lawn is probably 50/50 at this point, but we still have a bit to go.

Anyhow - what's the hot shit for tires in New England these days?

Iiiiits gonna be a while here in the UV. I can't peddle yet anyhow, but I will be able to soon, so melt you mf'in snow, melt!

In news, Killington is getting a VMBA chapter: https://vmba.org/2015-03-05-new-kill...r-has-momentum

See y'all out there, by hook or by crook.

Stopped by Lynn woods this afternoon to take a look. 1 or 2 more good rains and we should be in buisness..

Looking into the power lines from Rt. 1..

And up from the Jeep lot..

Looks good down there. I'll get a report from Harold Parker from some Metro North friends and post it up.

Git after it!

Looking forward to some update from you guys down MA way. We're thinking about a road trip to find some dirt.

I'm only a few minutes from Vietnam trails, but still a few weeks out, I think. Can't wait to get back on dirt though...

Dirt!! Yeah man, feels so good... No mud, no snow, no ice, no nothin' but dirt.

More more.

/yay/

Went for a walk in the woods today - plenty of snow left, but it's leaving fast. Stuff in the sun is already in relatively good shape, and everything seems to be draining well.

not a rider but stopped I got a good look at the harriman area on the way home today, blue mountain should be good to go this week if it stays dry.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I went of hike around Wompatuck yesterday hoping it would be in good enough shape to ride this week. I was optimistic but Wompy is still at least 2 weeks away from being ridable. There is a decent amount of dry trail but most of the trails are either under standing water or several inches of snow. I was able to remove some downed trees and clear some trail debris.

Here's a report from Andover/HP: "there's a fair amount of dirt poking through already. Lynn is always a good early season spot. I'd say hp is probably at least another 2 weeks, if it stays mostly above freezing and we have some wind."

Up here in greater Woodstock, VT- its gonna be a while. If I had to guess, I'd say a few more weeks of melt and then a month+ of prohibitive mud. I think Memorial Day might be the earliest things are really in here for MTB.

Well, shit. Things finally melted out and dried up but now we're looking at ~4 days of rain. Now what? Yard work ... Wasn't the plan

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Well, shit. Things finally melted out and dried up but now we're looking at ~4 days of rain. Now what? Yard work ... Wasn't the plan
    Well the good thing with the fatty is it doesn't destroy the trails like the skinnys. Obviously, depends on the trails, but for the most part around here we can ride the less known areas when its wet. The well traveled spots like Exeter woods are fucked not matter what. They should/need to keep closing trails and rerouting.

I'll probably just go at night when the mean little trail peoples are afraid to be out.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Up here in greater Woodstock, VT- its gonna be a while. If I had to guess, I'd say a few more weeks of melt and then a month+ of prohibitive mud. I think Memorial Day might be the earliest things are really in here for MTB.
    I was curious about VT as I am headed to Burlington in a couple weeks and was hoping it might have drained by then.

Greater Portland area is a mess. In the past, late April/early May has been money but unless we get dry for a while, it ain't happening this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    I was curious about VT as I am headed to Burlington in a couple weeks and was hoping it might have drained by then.

Greater Portland area is a mess. In the past, late April/early May has been money but unless we get dry for a while, it ain't happening this year.
    Sunny Hollow could be ready. Other spots in the Champlain Valley as well can be ready sssooner then you might think.

Word is that Lynn, Lowell Dracut, and Russell Mill are good to go. They opened up the upper (original) pump track at Russell Mill but the lower one is roped off for the time being. That happened quicker than imagined! Sounds like Landlocked in Burlington is ok too.

Rode yesterday and it was good fun to be out. Several snow sections we didn't quite make it thru and had to walk it plus a couple flooded spots. Interesting with this wet snow how the skinny tires cut thru and hit solid ground vs the fatty that floats on top and spins more so. Another few days and we should be good, but wet in places. Stoked!!!

The non-stoke part...Nymph season. Little fuckers

Off to Cutler Park in Newton which is dry, snow free and ready to go. 70 and sunny in Boston. Bike season is here.

Saxon and Sunny Hollow are open.

I have 90 degrees of flexion and am juuust starting dynamic rehab. Need. To. Peddle. Sooooon.